2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of us want Redden to re-sign but realize that the club is just trying to be careful in what we pay him as he hasn't kicked on like we thought he would. Redden is also just trying to get the best deal for himself. No harm done here. Ideally we can come to an arrangement and Reddo signs a new deal with us.

I think most of us want Redden to re-sign but realize that the club is just trying to be careful in what we pay him as he hasn't kicked on like we thought he would. Redden is also just trying to get the best deal for himself. No harm done here. Ideally we can come to an arrangement and Reddo signs a new deal with us.
Yeah, spot on, this is the scenario at the moment. Redden (like everyone) is trying to get the best deal he can... so are Brisbane.

WTF, are you on about. He came 4th and 3rd in our best and fairest in 2012/2013. 2014 got injured and came 12th in our B&F, only playing half a season. There are many other players on our list that should get the boot or be traded ahead of him.

This crap about "When a player like Redden is depth on our team, then it means we're tracking well". We are last on the ladder, we have no depth. For every player that we lose in that 20-27 age bracket is another 24 months of development we have to put into a kid. Which in turn means we won't be playing finals until the end of the decade. Personally would love to see the club win a flag or two before I die.

Calm down big fella. I never said he is surplus to our needs and is a must trade. I agree too that at present he serves a purpose and he wants to be here and he can contribute. But if the club got a good offer for him, they should entertain it, because he certainly is not and never will be AA or anything like that.

Why would St Kilda, in the middle of a rebuild, trade a 23yo key forward who has just had a 50 goal year? Why would Bruce, having found his place at a club which is on the up, decide to move cities for the third time in about 5 years?

On other clubs' trading, I fully expect Treloar to nominate Collingwood and for GWS to accept their first two picks in return.

But if he decides to nominate Richmond, I think it would cement their return as one of the "big" Melbourne clubs.
I guess this just shows why I hate the "player nominating the club" deal that is going on. What can Richmond offer over Collingwood's 1st two picks? Why should GWS accept the lesser offer? It just doesn't make sense to let the player make the decision

That's way ov
cant see Saints trading Bruce. I was super super keen on Bruce when he was out of contract... but he has even exceeded my expectations.
That's way overs for Bruce and a 2nd rounder. If I was giving up a pick 2 and a recent high draft pick I'd be wanting a Jeremy Cameron quality player

That's way ov

That's way overs for Bruce and a 2nd rounder. If I was giving up a pick 2 and a recent high draft pick I'd be wanting a Jeremy Cameron quality player
You have to pay overs to put the temptation front of St Kilda to take it. At least they would have to think long and hard about taking the deal or they will end up saying no anyway.

You have to pay overs to put the temptation front of St Kilda to take it. At least they would have to think long and hard about taking the deal or they will end up saying no anyway.

That is a terrible, terrible deal for us. We'd be three times the laughing stock we are now if we made that deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would St Kilda, in the middle of a rebuild, trade a 23yo key forward who has just had a 50 goal year? Why would Bruce, having found his place at a club which is on the up, decide to move cities for the third time in about 5 years?
Good points. St kilda are in a rebuilding phase and need all the picks and players they can get. I would not expect them to take it, but it is very good offer.

I'm sure we would offer more money and I know St kilda has money to pay Brue, but Aish + Weitering for Bruce and 2nd or 3rd round pick is a offer they might seriously consider. Plus Bruce being from NSW shouldn't influence homesickness due to Sydney's salary cap constraints and GWS trading him.

That is a terrible, terrible deal for us. We'd be three times the laughing stock we are now if we made that deal.
It is risky, but we are already a laughing stock and basket case of a club. The club had the last 8-10 years to find a replacement for Jonathan Brown, but failed. Only Freeman and McStay look like they could potentially feel that role, but they will need another 3 seasons to perform on a consistent basis.

It is risky, but we are already a laughing stock.

Pick 2 and a former pick 7 for a guy who has delivered just one season isn't just "overs". It's flying past "overs" on a jet powered, monkey navigated...

That's considerably more than what Melbourne gave for Hogan, and pretty much in the ballpark of what Carlton gave for Chris Judd. CHRIS JUDD.

And suggesting Bruce is a Jonathan Brown replacement is a massive slap in the face to Jonathan Brown.

Bruce is from Canberra. I am surprised GWS didn't try harder to keep him. His mother has been working in Melbourne, not sure about his Dad. Doubt StKilda would trade him. Doub t he would want to go to Brisbane.

Pick 2 and a former pick 7 for a guy who has delivered just one season isn't just "overs". It's flying past "overs" on a jet powered, monkey navigated...

That's considerably more than what Melbourne gave for Hogan, and pretty much in the ballpark of what Carlton gave for Chris Judd. CHRIS JUDD.

And suggesting Bruce is a Jonathan Brown replacement is a massive slap in the face to Jonathan Brown.
Bruce is going to be a jet. This is he's breakout year. St Kilda's midfield isn't as strong as ours. I reckon he can improve on he's output if we can get our midfield group on the park. Bruce is durable, athletic and takes contested pack marks. I understand Weitering/Francis + Aish for Bruce + 2nd or 3rd round pick is way overs, but at the end of the day we need a mature key forward to kick 50 goals per season. If we are going to grow our own then it will take 3-6 years to develop one even if they are a high draft pick.

Last edited:
Bruce is going to be a jet. This is he's breakout year. St Kilda's midfield isn't as strong as ours. I reckon he can improve on he's output if we can get our midfield group on the park. Bruce is durable, athletic and takes contested pack marks.

We all know Bruce is good promising player but in no way is he worth what you are suggesting. It has absolutely ZERO chance of happening. But since this is a discussion board you can discuss it but don't expect anyone to agree with you.

We all know Bruce is good promising player but in no way is he worth what you are suggesting. It has absolutely ZERO chance of happening. But since this is a discussion board you can discuss it but don't expect anyone to agree with you.

He IS big though...

q3iCWqE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back