2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellchambers re-signing is interesting. Probably rules them out in the race for Leuey.

Bulldogs and Sydney would have to be the two teams most likely.

GWS also interested in Leuy.

Apparently, but I don't see it. They have Mummy and some decent young rucks.

I wouldn't mind poaching one of their young rucks though, or tall forwards, or midfielders, or defenders.

[TE]
Apparently, but I don't see it. They have Mummy and some decent young rucks.

I wouldn't mind poaching one of their young rucks though, or tall forwards, or midfielders, or defenders.

Both Downie and Stewart look good today. Coming around to having Stewart on our list - strong leads, pack marks, couple of goals (one drop punt on a tight angle - went through straight) - not bad at all.

R u serious??????????
I'm serious. Bell has a higher ceiling. He has better endurance, better speed, bigger size, hits the scoreboard more often, and probably a better inside game. Redden has better disposal and tackling game. I think Bell would complement our midfield better than Redden anyway. Redden peaked 2-3 years ago and if its true that he wants more cash and the Lions aren't budging than goodluck to him at his new club.

I'm serious. Bell has a higher ceiling. He has better endurance, better speed, bigger size, hits the scoreboard more often, and probably a better inside game. Redden has better disposal and tackling game. I think Bell would complement our midfield better than Redden anyway. Redden peaked 2-3 years ago and if its true that he wants more cash and the Lions aren't budging than goodluck to him at his new club.
Not sure about the endurance and speed... is he up to playing a full game in the midfield? The coaching staff at Carlton clearly don't think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former Lion Michael Rischatelli has just re signed with the Suns, a 2 year contract when only a few years ago his career looked over due to injuries.
Also former Lion and now Gold Coast Sun Andrew Raines has announced his retirement due to degenerative knee condition.

Not sure about the endurance and speed... is he up to playing a full game in the midfield? The coaching staff at Carlton clearly don't think so.
Carlton coaching staff are a rabble. His endurance is okay, I played against him one time a few years back, and even then he was one huge mofo. I think he can play 10 minutes at a time if need be.

...Redden is still contracted for next year (we still have to pay him).....Our midfield is fine...If it aint broke don't try to fix it.......If we go after Bell, IMO he would be better suited with his height and pace playing off half back..In the role Yeo and Crisp played, that running back type with Hanley on the other side...This year we are have had none and have gone backwards while the young kids learn the trade...

No. He doesn't. Below is his ceiling:

31177.jpg

That point at least is definitely not the case. Bell doesn't have much of an inside game at all.

They're really quite different players.

I actually love watching Bell play. I'd love to have him on our team. I doubt he'd fit well into Leppitsch's somewhat indirect gameplan, which is unfortunate.

I think he's probably about as good as he's going to get, but that's still pretty good though.

The problem with Bell is we are full of players who's kicking need some work. If we are going to go with the model that Hawthorn, Bulldogs, West Coast etc are using - that is a high percentage of our scoring coming from opposition turnover than we need better kickers in our team. Other than that I got no problem with Bell coming to us. Naturally it all comes down to what is it going to cost.

The Purple Flog just went through all 18 clubs, in terms of trade;

Brisbane: Expects Redden and Zorko to stay, Martin too unless we get a wonderful offer (apparently has info re. why he wants a Melbourne move but said he'd keep that to himself).

Leuey gone.

Then as soon as he started on Aish the conversation got hijacked and never went back to him.

Calling him a Purple Flog is a slap in the face to the color purple:D

...Redden is still contracted for next year (we still have to pay him).....Our midfield is fine...If it aint broke don't try to fix it.......If we go after Bell, IMO he would be better suited with his height and pace playing off half back..In the role Yeo and Crisp played, that running back type with Hanley on the other side...This year we are have had none and have gone backwards while the young kids learn the trade...
That would be a issue as he is pretty average kick. I would like to see him as a tackle frantic forward

Word on the street is that we are chasing Kurt Tippett.
Thoughts?
Happy with it, depends on what we have to give up and the salary we pay...Not sure if we can sustain his usual 750-800k he would get from the Swans. Defintely needs to settle for less, I would pay him a maximum of 600k.

By the time he hangs up the boots (31-32) Freeman, the Shack attack, Close and Mcstay will be around that 22-25 age bracket and ready to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back