2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'd be more likely to acquire Motlop through an Aish trade considering Leuy would leave as a free agent and at this stage isn't likely to have much value.

No value at all if we get Rance.

New plan, get Rance in, show Aish the door, draft the two best KPF with our two top 10 picks, draft Keayes and win the premiership by beating Collingwood by a 101 points.
Yeah sound about right ;-)

Of course it doesn't *have* to be Collingwood - beating Port for a cup would have its own rewards as well :)

The best thing is that we can front load the **** out of his contract. 3.5 mil or so over 5 years, but we can give him 1.5 mil or so in the first year (Y)

yeah that is good but getting him for free is huge for us. Sure we got Beams but we had to give up plenty to get him.

yeah that is good but getting him for free is huge for us. Sure we got Beams but we had to give up plenty to get him.
The other bonus is it might allow us to snare a Henderson or Dixon as well to play up the other end with our 1st round draft pick. I am actually quite confident of this side climbing back up the ladder if we are able to acquire some quality talls to compliment our midfield.

The other bonus is it might allow us to snare a Henderson or Dixon as well to play up the other end with our 1st round draft pick. I am actually quite confident of this side climbing back up the ladder if we are able to acquire some quality talls to compliment our midfield.
Do we have the salary cap for either one of Henderson or Dixon? Unless we get rid of Leuy.

We would only be getting Rance for free if we don't lose anyone through free agency.

We would only be getting Rance for free if we don't lose anyone through free agency.
We will get him for free regardless in terms of not having to give up draft picks or players in return. If we were to lose a player like Leuy though and we signed Rance we wouldn't receive any compensation for losing Leuenberger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have the salary cap for either one of Henderson or Dixon? Unless we get rid of Leuy.
If we were to lose a player like Aish and a few players retire such as Staker, Maguire and McGuane that will free up maybe 500k? We already have a fair amount of cap space free though because the club weren't paying 100% of the cap for a number of years and the club could heavily front load the contracts of any players we acquire in trade or free agency. TLDR Yes I think we would have enough money to acquire both Rance and one of Hendo or Dixon.

Leuy is on decent coin isn't he? Would almost be a direct swap of players (Rance) with plenty left over to chase another two or so quality players.

Leuy is on decent coin isn't he? Would almost be a direct swap of players (Rance) with plenty left over to chase another two or so quality players.
From memory Leuy is earning around 650k per year? Hypothetically if Leuenberger, Aish, Staker, Maguire and McGuane were all to leave at the end of the year that would free up $1 million dollars in cap space with Leuy earning 650k per year and rest on 100k-200k per year(Possibly more? Isn't Stakes around the 300k-400k mark?)

I would much rather keep Leuy and Aish though. Although if losing Aish netted us a gun KPP I could live with it.

Mixed on Luey. I think Trent West shows more up forward than Luey..... But if Martin gets injured I know I want Luey to ruck for us.

Only trade Luey on if we land a million dollar forward and need the cap space. I think we have enough in the cap to get Rance with players like Goose, Staker, McGuane I suspect leaving the club at the end of the year without Luey leaving.

I'd be wary about heavily frontloading the contract of a guy like Rance who reportedly doesn't see footy as the be-all and end-all. He could just play one year for the bumper paycheck and then retire.

From memory Leuy is earning around 650k per year? Hypothetically if Leuenberger, Aish, Staker, Maguire and McGuane were all to leave at the end of the year that would free up $1 million dollars in cap space with Leuy earning 650k per year and rest on 100k-200k per year(Possibly more? Isn't Stakes around the 300k-400k mark?)

Remember reading somewhere that Staker was on 250K per year.

Would Richmond want Luey? They seem sorted in the ruck department tbh
I would much rather keep Leuy and Aish though. Although if losing Aish netted us a gun KPP I could live with it.
Wouldn't be a trade. They are both free agents(Rance and Leuy). I think rockypls was referring to the amount of money each would be on and the effect it would have on the salary cap if we lost Leuy but gained Rance.

Sorry yep, was talking money wise.

I'd be wary about heavily frontloading the contract of a guy like Rance who reportedly doesn't see footy as the be-all and end-all. He could just play one year for the bumper paycheck and then retire.

Would be a dog of a thing to do.

I would have thought there would be clauses for front and back ended contracts, i.e. your front ended and you leave early and you owe the employer the difference bewtween your first year salary and the average salary.

We will get him for free regardless in terms of not having to give up draft picks or players in return. If we were to lose a player like Leuy though and we signed Rance we wouldn't receive any compensation for losing Leuenberger.
Maybe the club should extend Leuy's contract for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back