2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must back our club to retain talent, if we have a good club culture there's no reason Weitering won't stay

Has Francis openly said he wants to go to the lions or is that just because his third cousin removed played for the lions once?
his brother who passed away last year was a big Lions supporter, would probably avoid making fun of that if i were you

I don't get this scenario. You don't not trade for a guy thinking that that club will then change their mind on selecting the best player in the draft. Casboult and Schache don't even play the same position.
Carlton need a key forward. Petrecca in last years draft was the better talent and yet McCarthin got selected as the number 1 pick. Key forwards are rare to come by and Carlton will strongly consider Schache.

You can always pick up a key defender through FA or any where from mid to late in the draft. Frawley, Rance, Hurley, Andrews, Carlisle and Talia are some examples.

Last edited:
Bell has had 25 plus a game doesn't break down and kicks goals. You are right he is not a star but you don't get stars giving pick 22's up. We won't get him got pick 39.

Think Bell will flourish in our team. Him and Robbo will do the hard heavy lifting, allowing Beams, Hanley, Rocky, Bundy to not shoulder so much of the load.

Our 3-peat team was built on blue collar players that could do a job, letting our stars shine.

WE ARE NOT CHASING SUCKLING!!!! He isn't coming t Brisbane. Schwab has said it on media forums for the last two weeks - including today. Dear me.

He didn't actually rule him out. He did say our interest had dropped but stated if the right deal came along we would look at him again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlton need a key forward. Petrecca in last years draft was the better talent and yet McCarthy got selected as the number 1 pick. Key forwards are rare to come by and Carlton will strongly consider Schache.

You can always pick up a key defender through FA or any where from mid to late in the draft. Frawley, Rance, Hurley, Andrews, Carlisle and Talia are some examples.

McCartin***

Weitering can also play as a forward, and has a better chance of making it as he can be tried as a forward he might fail but will always have a back-up plan as a key defender

schache if he fails as a forward is almost pretty much bust

Why is that? Plenty of failed forwards make great defenders

935824-sep-2001-justin-leppitsch-for-brisbane-gettyimages.jpg

McCartin***

Weitering can also play as a forward, and has a better chance of making it as he can be tried as a forward he might fail but will always have a back-up plan as a key defender

How many goals has Weitering kicked in the under 18 championships?

Look at what Pickering has put us through with Aish. He'll do the same thing with Weitering and we will get a second round pick when he goes back to Victoria. At least Francis has a emotional connection with the club and seems open to playing for us.

Last edited:
any one i ever hear talking about this years draft says that weitering is far and away the best player in the draft, some say the best in years. carlton would be foolish to pass on him. if we had of lost to the bulldogs i think we would have taken weitering, i have also seen reviews that said he is very good forward as well.

I know others aren't sold on Casboult,but he would be a good get if there was any truth to it. It's hard to find a guy that can't pinch a bit in the ruck and clunk contested marks like Casboult. His kicking for goal is far better this year too.

Would be upset to lose big Levi. Has always shown potential and started to come good (sometimes) with his kicking this year.

Carlton need a key forward. Petrecca in last years draft was the better talent and yet McCarthin got selected as the number 1 pick. Key forwards are rare to come by and Carlton will strongly consider Schache.

It's going to be Weitering unless SOS has a severe concussion on Draft night.

If indeed you did take bell and Casboult off us, how would you do that?
I know we can just call out any picks but given you're going to want your 2 main Academy boys and they may not come cheap.....Interesting.

I know we can just call out any picks but given you're going to want your 2 main Academy boys and they may not come cheap.....Interesting.
What if you guys get Carlisle, then what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't matter as Weitering is the right 'type' for where we are.

Schache is yours.....I wouldn't worry about it. The guy is as straight a kick as I've seen from any junior. Going to kick you a lot of goals over the years.
If that's the case, roughly what type of pick would it take to land Casboult and Bell?

I'd be happy with 2 picks in the 20's which would have equated to about 2 picks in the 30's/early 40's last year......but where do they come from?

You'll need the values for Academy guys

yeah doubt you get 2 picks in the 20's especially since ours would be in the early 20s, third round for 1 or possible 1 2nd round pick for both if the casboult story is true

Just wondering what would it take to land Casboult and Bell?

Was trying to figure this out, given the AFL.com.au speculation is that Carlton is trying to get more early picks. Maybe an on-trade of the Redden pick if it ends up being Adelaide's first rounder or around there (say, 13-15)?

Bell is as good as OTL, while Casboult will depend on the picks we'll have after compensation. Maybe a couple of late picks in the 20's/early 30's for the two of them would be a fair trade.
Oh I accept Bell, and value will be what it will be. Casboult rumour just doesn't pass the sniff test. Our only key forward of note, good egg, contracted. Just can't see what our motivation would be outside of overs.

Oh I accept Bell, and value will be what it will be. Casboult rumour just doesn't pass the sniff test. Our only key forward of note, good egg, contracted. Just can't see what our motivation would be outside of overs.

Maybe you guys are trying to do a Saints (letting Goddard walk, voiding NDS's extra year, trading out McEvoy)? Pure speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back