2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was an example of a player I recall walking out and us getting no compensation for. Looking over his Roster Watch thread it wasn't as clear cut, but I had a post in there six years ago (!) where there was a rumour Melbourne was lowballing us (only offering a fourth rounder) because of the PSD threat. That's the same situation and obviously what I recall.
No point continually going over this but I will say this, the reality is we delisted him. Do you think the Blues or Suns will delist Henderson or Dixon at years end? Even if some clubs did screw us over in regards to a few fringe players or a couple of past it stars, those types of scenarios do not match up against us doing it with players like Dixon or Henderson and the ramifications that would potentially follow. Could you imagine if the Pies stole Browny through the pre season draft? I am not saying that Hendo or Dixon are on Browny's level, not even close! But you see the point right? That is the only point I was making in regards to blueiris original post.

Not sure why you felt the need to list 4 players that are not on the same level as the players blueiris and I were talking about when I stated that "I can't recall it happening to us in the past" especially when you were clutching at straws considering Hadley was in fact traded, JMac was delisted, Mal Michael retired and Bradshaw rejected a new contract offer because of the Fev saga. It just came across as you trying to disagree with me for the sake of it because of prior issues.

Yeah I strongly recall that JMac (socialite and fashionista that he was) wanted to explore options in the footy heartland. Deal done with Melbourne via the PSD so no trade was really available to us. Delisted at the list lodgement because we didnt really have any other options.

Was definitely one we wanted to keep and was playing good footy. We were under serious cap pressure at the time though and he wasn't "bidding war" good.

Yeah I strongly recall that JMac wanted to explore options in the footy heartland. Deal done with Melbourne via the PSD so no trade was really available to us. Delisted at the list lodgement because we didnt really have any other options.

Was definitely one we wanted to keep and was playing good footy. We were under serious cap pressure at the time though and he wasn't "bidding war" good.
I liked JMac. His improvement from prior years to his 2008 breakout season was underrated. His drive out of the back half in 08' was close to elite imo.

Do you think the Blues or Suns will delist Henderson or Dixon at years end?

I'm not sure you understand how AFL contracts work. If Henderson or Dixon do not sign a contract with their corresponding team, they will be delisted. There's no ifs or buts about it - you can't keep a player on your list who you do not have a contract with.

I'm not sure you understand how AFL contracts work. If Henderson or Dixon do not sign a contract with their corresponding team, they will be delisted. There's no ifs or buts about it - you can't keep a player on your list who you do not have a contract with.
Don't be condescending dlanod. Honestly, I expected more from you. If you view that as a legitimate possibility I think you need to reassess the overall likelihood of something like that happening. And of course I am aware of the fact that you can not have a player on your list unless they are under a contract. I never stated anything that disputed that. At the moment you are reading my posts, adding 2 and 2 together and coming to the total sum of 5.

I liked JMac. His improvement from prior years to his 2008 breakout season was underrated. His drive out of the back half in 08' was close to elite imo.

Yeah was playing good footy like I said (ball use not good enough for elite status though).

He was obviously playing at his absolute ceiling though and I suspect Lethal and Gubby knew it. Was a required player at a price but not worth over-investing once he was testing the market. We were in absolute cap hell in 2008.

Yeah was playing good footy like I said (ball use not good enough for elite status though).

He was obviously playing at his absolute ceiling though and I suspect Lethal and Gubby knew it. Was a required player at a price but not worth over-investing once he was testing the market. We were in absolute cap hell in 2008.
His form dropped in 2009 as well and you are right about his ball use. I forgot about that but it was a major weakness in his game.

Don't be condescending dlanod. Honestly, I expected more from you. If you view that as a legitimate possibility I think you need to reassess the overall likelihood of something like that happening. And of course I am aware of the fact that you can not have a player on your list unless they are under a contract. I never stated anything that disputed that. At the moment you are reading my posts, adding 2 and 2 together and coming to the total sum of 5.

I'm not being condescending. What you just posted was literally incorrect. I think Henderson or Carlisle departing in such a fashion very unlikely, as I mentioned a dozen posts ago but in the context we were discussing - Joel MacDonald's departure and the circumstances around it, not Henderson and Carlisle - the point was very relevant.

I'm not being condescending. What you just posted was literally incorrect. I think Henderson or Carlisle departing in such a fashion very unlikely, as I mentioned a dozen posts ago but in the context we were discussing - Joel MacDonald's departure and the circumstances around it, not Henderson and Carlisle - the point was very relevant.
I disagree. I don't think the situations are comparable due to the difference in the aforementioned players quality and worth on the market. You just said yourself that Henderson and Carlisle departing in such a fashion is very unlikely and that was literally what I said originally which ironically ended up starting this whole debate. And can you please quote the bit which was incorrect? I am not disputing I said something that was incorrect, I just want you to quote it directly so I can see what you are referring to and so I can get my point across.

suns-win.jpg

Charlie Dixon ain't smiling - must be leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he signed on with the Lions for next year before the game and is now wondering what the hell he has done...
Browny was talking him up. Following our trade rumors and interests in the media, it seems like Dixon and Rance are our two key targets this off season.

B: Adcock, Merrett, Clarke
HB: Harwood, Rance, Golby
C: Hanley, Rockliff, Rich
FOL: Martin, Beams, Redden
HF: Zorko, McStay, Taylor
F: Green, Dixon, Freeman
INT: Christensen, Robertson, Beams, Harwood

Browny was talking him up. Following our trade rumors and interests in the media, it seems like Dixon and Rance are our two key targets this off season.

B: Adcock, , Clarke Beams
HB: Harwood, Rance, Gardiner
C: Hanley, Rockliff, Rich
FOL: Martin, Beams, Redden
HF: Zorko, McStay, Taylor
F: Green, Dixon, Freeman
INT: Christensen, Robertson,Keays, Robinson
fixed it for you

Sucks that Bruce picked Stkilda over us. He's staring at the moment as the main forward.

Came on here to say the same thing. Him and Membery look like a handy duo. Not sure if we had a look at Membery or not but wouldn't have been a bad pick up

Hard to lure blokes to QLD when they want to be close to family and friends in Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back