2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get carried away with Dixon's performance:

a) Gardiner is 19 and giving away heaps of height, weight and experience
b) if Merrett was in he gets Dixon, doubt he would of had the day he did
c) he consistently has not shown that sort of form
d) looking at his career he only does perform against the lower sides

So lets not pay for a guy who only seems to play well against us (and the other bottom dwellers)

Yep, I don't mind Dixon as player or a possible target for us, but he was fighting well below his weight division on Saturday and it showed.

Given your lack of KPF would you consider McBean and a third rounder for Aish and a 4th rounder?

UTG reborn?

(If you wanted a serious answer no chance whatsoever, McBean hasn't played a game)

Sorry for putting forward a serious suggestion that would have been win win for both sides

Is McBean really that much of an upgrade on McStay, Freeman, Close, Andrews or Hammelmann as forwards? So much so that we'd give up a potent first round pick for him?

If we trade for a key forward especially with a first rounder if will be for a readymade key forward. Not one that is a 50/50 chance of actually being a long term key forward.

Sorry for putting forward a serious suggestion that would have been win win for both sides

Both sides being Richmond and Richmond reserves?

Seriously though, I'm sure you're being genuine, but we'd probably rate Aish quite a lot higher than we rate McBean.

Swapping
  • Pick 33, zero game player
for
  • Pick 7, 22 game player, fourth in the Rising Star.
for a pick upgrade from our fourth to Richmond's third?

I can't see why on earth anyone would think you weren't serious?

Although to be honest UTG has done far more to poison the well than your post, you just happened to walk into said well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So lets not pay for a guy who only seems to play well against us (and the other bottom dwellers)
That's all true but the stuff he does off the ball is impressive. Browny was pretty happy with his ability at ground level, crashing packs and being an aggressive tall up forward for the Suns. Plus he can play ruck and that's what our needs are. We are lacking that type of player in our team, hence why Merrett had to play up forward last season.

What performance does he put in against the better sides - ie is what he brings to the table still valuable to us in our current stage of development / the pathway for developing our younger KPFs ... would Freeman/Close/McStay/Andrews be likely to play better with or without him in the side?

Good, we have enough injury prone players as it is. Rance is the man, don't mind Hendo coming back either if his keen.
Yeah, I guess If we can get Rance as a free agent, keep Leuy as a backup and go to the draft with two top 10 picks, then that's a pretty good off season.

That's all true but the stuff he does off the ball is impressive. Browny was pretty happy with his ability at ground level, crashing packs and being an aggressive tall up forward for the Suns. Plus he can play ruck and that's what our needs are. We are lacking that type of player in our team, hence why Merrett had to play up forward last season.
We are lacking that type of player if we had a key forward and Dixon was an adjunct to that. I've just got "Blake Caracella" going over in my head when I see people linking Dixon's performance against us to be the solution to our KPF problem.

So far our off season recruiting expectation is something like this:

In
Alex Rance
Charlie Dixon
Pick 1 - Joshua Schache (KPF) or Jacob Weitering (KPD)
Ben Keayes - second round academy selection

Out
James Aish
First round pick for trading Aish (Traded to Gold Coast for Dixon)

Best 22:
B: Harwood, Merrett, Clarke
HB: Adcock, Rance, Golby
C: Hanley, Rockliff, Rich
FOL: Martin, Beams, Redden
HF: Zorko, Freeman, Taylor
F: Green, Dixon, McStay
INT: Christensen, Beams, Robertson, Sub; Robinson/Bewick/Paparone

Last edited:
So far our off season recruiting expectation is something like this:

In
Alex Rance
Charlie Dixon
Pick 1 - Joshua Schache (KPF) or Jacob Weitering (KPD)
Ben Keayes - second round academy selection

Out
James Aish
First round pick (Traded to Gold Coast for Dixon)

Best 22:
B: Harwood, Merrett, Clarke
HB: Adcock, Rance, Golby
C: Hanley, Rockliff, Rich
FOL: Martin, Beams, Redden
HF: Zorko, Freeman, Taylor
F: Green, Dixon, McStay
INT: Christensen, Beams, Robertson, Sub; Robinson/Bewick/Paparone
Maybe l have misinterpreted your 'ins' and 'outs' wrong but how would we get Schache or Weitering with pick 1 if we trade it to GC for Dixon? It might also cost us more than just our 1st pick?

Maybe l have misinterpreted your 'ins' and 'outs' wrong but how would we get Schache or Weitering with pick 1 if we trade it to GC for Dixon? It might also cost us more than just our 1st pick?
If Aish gets traded, we should get a top 10 pick for him and that pick will be on traded for Dixion.

If Aish netted us a top ten pick which is highly unlikely I would be rather pissed if we used that to get Dixon. Dixon is a late first rounder/early second rounder at best. Also if we did get that top ten pick due to Aish I would rather it be used on Schache.

Get Dixon on PSD. Nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back