2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If this is something that has come from Brisbane I can't read the play at all.
Contracts on hold because we've got a sniff from one of the free agents named?
Or just another move in the on-going chess battle negotiation with Pickers. i.e. Not prepared to sign, James? Well deal's off we're delaying talks - shoe on the other foot so to speak...
Either way it's an average move to pull on a bloke that was club captain only 12 months ago

Maybe Swann initiated this rumour to put pressure on Aish to stay and to signal that we had cash to splash if anyone wants to come to play for us.

i dont see a ridiculous amount of clubs wanting to pay big dosh on leuy, especially successful clubs (ones in their prems window) which is where he would want to go if he would leave us, hes doing a good job making a contest and rucking very well, henderson and dixon aren't absolute stars that are going to make a massive difference they are both hot and cold types.

danger would be ambitious but if we get him, lookout, suckling would be a waste of money, I'm sure there is someone else in the works

Wouldn't mind Suckling if he didn't cost too much. Would give us a quality distributer out of the back half that Leppa loves so much and free up Rich to stay in the middle and Hanley to go to a wing. Good age too.

It is easy to forget about someone like Dangerfield but if you want to speculate on players the Lions would be chasing Dangerfield is a sure bet. The Lions would be offering him a large amount of money and a long contract just like 16 other clubs would(With the exception of a few who have no cap space, looking at you Sydney). As unrealistic as it seems as fans the club will always make a play for the best players who are out of contract. We went for Buddy after all.

i dont see a ridiculous amount of clubs wanting to pay big dosh on leuy, especially successful clubs (ones in their prems window) which is where he would want to go if he would leave us, hes doing a good job making a contest and rucking very well, henderson and dixon aren't absolute stars that are going to make a massive difference they are both hot and cold types.

danger would be ambitious but if we get him, lookout, suckling would be a waste of money, I'm sure there is someone else in the works
I could see freo very keen on Luey and if he has a cracking year and big sandi falls apart than yeah they will throw a big amount at him.

It is easy to forget about someone like Dangerfield but if you want to speculate on players the Lions would be chasing Dangerfield is a sure bet. The Lions would be offering him a large amount of money and a long contract just like 16 other clubs would(With the exception of a few who have no cap space, looking at you Sydney). As unrealistic as it seems as fans the club will always make a play for the best players who are out of contract. We went for Buddy after all.
He would be one expensive bench warmer :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see freo very keen on Luey and if he has a cracking year and big sandi falls apart than yeah they will throw a big amount at him.

yeah I mentioned a bit earlier I would think Freo, Essendon and maybe Sydney would be the main teams interested in him but at the same time he is wayy too much of a risk

yeah I mentioned a bit earlier I would think Freo, Essendon and maybe Sydney would be the main teams interested in him but at the same time he is wayy too much of a risk
I think it may be worth the risk for freo. They don't have a recognised ruck man out side sandilands (yes Clarke is ok) and they are really clicking into time on on the premiership clock.

Even a team like the Dee's wouldn't say no to a quality ruck man for free. They are not a club who can turn a blind eye to quality players potentially up for grabs.

Even a team like the Dee's wouldn't say no to a quality ruck man for free. They are not a club who can turn a blind eye to quality players potentially up for grabs.

the ruck is one department they have relatively good depth in, they've got the russian (jamar) , max gawn and jake spencer (probs gone end of this year) who are pretty solid. they have more pressing needs ie their backline.

also wouldnt make much sense for leuie to go to a club who is in the same position as us

the ruck is one department they have relatively good depth in, they've got the russian (jamar) , max gawn and jake spencer (probs gone end of this year) who are pretty solid. they have more pressing needs ie their backline.

also wouldnt make much sense for leuie to go to a club who is in the same position as us
Jamar is close to retirement. Gawn is average as a ruck. Better as a key forward. Spencer as you said probably gone at the end of the year. I understand they have more pressing needs but my point was they aren't exactly in a position to turn a blind eye to quality talent that is potentially up for grabs. They are building a nice young midfield, I daresay Roosy and Goodwin would love to have a gun ruck who is about to enter his prime join the list.

I think it's a great move by the Lions. Give yourself a chance to land a big fish by freeing as much cap room as you possibly can. It's pretty obvious that the Lions will be able to offer more money to free agents than any other club in the league and sometimes money is enough. Rance seems to be the man. His unrestricted status makes it easier to facilitate a move.

Gee just can't see danger coming too the lions....
Seems like we're destined to land a pretty exciting player. Would rather Rance or Hawkins.

I certainly hope Leuey continues to find form and play well. If we re-sign him for a good price that would be good but if he leaves and we get a decent comp pick that would be handy too. I'd swap Leuey for Rance in a heartbeat though.

If we truly have put talks on hold then I'm sure we're not stone walling them.

It would be more like:
We love you and will table you an offer. We just need a few things to resolve itself before we know the exact dollar amount and structure we can offer.

I really don't think we can afford to lose Luey. Apart from himself and Martin, who will be 29 at the end of the year, we don't have anyone else coming through. I don't think West is capable of rucking a whole game if Martin was to go down injured. It would be a big loss if we were to lose Luey.

I really don't think we can afford to lose Luey. Apart from himself and Martin, who will be 29 at the end of the year, we don't have anyone else coming through. I don't think West is capable of rucking a whole game if Martin was to go down injured. It would be a big loss if we were to lose Luey.

It's pretty easy to find a mature age ruckman. Failing that Hudson can come out of retirement again.

Gee just can't see danger coming too the lions....
Seems like we're destined to land a pretty exciting player. Would rather Rance or Hawkins.

I know Dangers family and him personally. not really well, but well enough. I can 100% assure you he is a family Man of the highest order and if he moves, it will be to Vic to be close to his family in Moggs Creek. The Dangerfields all live together in Moggs Creek, about 4 family's and they are very tight knit, and I just know that any move will involve being back, surfing with his dad and uncles when he is not playing footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back