2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, forgot to mention. Heard tail end of a caller who rang in to KB show on SEN today. Gather the convo was about Malthouse, Trigg and Eddie Betts.....anyhoo, it ended with caller saying would love GWhately on 360 to ask Malthouse if they did in fact meet with Aish on the GC. As KB said, would find out whether Pickering and Aish were telling the truth or not.

Malthouse will be on 360 tonight.

Will also put this in media alert.

edit: Has already taped interview apparently

Last edited:
Not necessarily - they are perfectly allowed to work without that work being religious etc - in fact to preach in such a way as to interfere with your or other's work or in a way that annoy the boss etc is against the rules ... now if you are sitting around chatting *after* you have had your training / on your break etc then they are free to chat about what they love to talk about just like anyone else is ...

Conversely if you are meeting them on your doorstep you are more than likely only going to get the more preachy side of them :)

LOL...Now if that were the case and carried out one would never know their religion...my experience is that it does carry into normal working conditions ..any chance of dropping the subliminal religious advert conspicuously, they take...i.e:
XXX:"Can I borrow your pen?"
KKK: "sure"
XXX: "God bless"

Edit: Sorry for diviating off topic.

Last edited:
I wonder if we could get Sam Gilbert from the Saints as a free agent at the end of the year. Obviously has had injury issues but could slot into our best 22 without us having to trade for him.

Still luvs ya!;)

I probably could've worded my previous post a bit better, but I'd just woken up and still a bit brainless.

If we get Rance and Dixon I'd be rapt.......but I worry about spending that much on two players.

..and I have just read on the HUN that Rance is a Jehovah's Witness. That bothers me. I have worked with two of them, they take every opportunity to speak of or try to convert you.

If there was a firm agreement of "keep it to yourself and don't bother anyone else with it", I'd be fine.

I think.

On the other hand, my brothers best friend is a Jehovah's Witness and he never talks about it or tries to convert anyone. Know a lot of Christians, some speak about it, some don't. More a case of people in general than based on what faith they are.

He was a very good player some years back when the saints where up and about... I wonder if it has past him though?

Turns 29 this year so he's still has at least 3-4 seasons left.

I think he has enough tools to be useful to a team like us for that time. Saints wouldn't be short on cap space but we might be able to tempt him back to Queensland.

Leppa made some really good points on SEN about bringing players into the club. If they think Cutler will be as good or better as say Gilbert in 2 years, they would rather get games into Cutler than deny him that valuable experience by bringing in another player.

Leppa has said many times we will only bring in A grade talent or players in positions who are better than what we'll have in a couple of years time.

Leppa made some really good points on SEN about bringing players into the club. If they think Cutler will be as good as say Gilbert in 2 years, they would rather get games into Cutler than bring in someone else just for a couple of years.

Leppa has said many times we will only bring in A grade talent or players in positions who are better than what we'll have in a couple of years time.

WHich is why we will overpay for the A grade talent that we do want. If we've got the salary cap space we may as well use it.

Leppa made some really good points on SEN about bringing players into the club. If they think Cutler will be as good as say Gilbert in 2 years, they would rather get games into Cutler than bring in someone else just for a couple of years.

In the mean time though every time we get smashed it will be because we are inexperienced. Also goes against the Robinson and McGuane recruitments.

It's a very high risk/high reward strategy given our inability to develop and then hold onto our talented footballers.

In the mean time though every time we get smashed it will be because we are inexperienced. Also goes against the Robinson and McGuane recruitments.

It's a very high risk/high reward strategy given our inability to develop and then hold onto our talented footballers.

Not at all. Who did we have that was better than McGuane that wasn't 4 or so years away? McGuane was recruited as a forward, all our forwards are years away.

Robinson? Who plays his role on our list that will be better than him in a few years time? Mayes? Green? Taylor? None of them will be like Robinson, different players.

Not at all. Who did we have that was better than McGuane that wasn't 4 or so years away? McGuane was recruited as a forward, all our forwards are years away.

Robinson? Who plays his role on our list that will be better than him in a few years time? Mayes? Green? Taylor? None of them will be like Robinson, different players.

Maybe McGuane but not Robbo. I don't have him best 22 now and definitely wouldn't have him in my best 22 at any point in the future.

Robertson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goal kicking? Robinson has been goalless in 7 of the 8 games this season.

What was his goal kicking like before we got him? That's the point. Doesn't matter what he's done with us this year. He was brought in to fill a need. Goal kicking is obviously a part of it, pressure, tackling, big body etc are the other parts.

Reading Robbo's article in today's Herald Sun you get the feeling Rance is a big chance to come to Brisbane. Lock it in Eddy.

In the same article it mentions we are offering $750,000 for Dixon........ouch, i would if he stayed on the park a little more but as it stands it's overs, yes i know we have to pay overs but we don't have to be stupid.

Reading Robbo's article in today's Herald Sun you get the feeling Rance is a big chance to come to Brisbane. Lock it in Eddy.

In the same article it mentions we are offering $750,000 for Dixon........ouch, i would if he stayed on the park a little more but as it stands it's overs, yes i know we have to pay overs but we don't have to be stupid.

I'm getting the same vibe. Going to have to try and curb my enthusiasm, don't want to end up disappointed.

I think posters are gaining in confidence that we're going to pick up Rance purely because the stories are continually being churned out. If someone says the earth is flat 100 times it doesn't make it right.

While I hope we do snare Alex I'd be very surprised if the bid was successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back