List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treloar for me. Exactly what we need to replace Mitch/Hodge in the guts. Perfect fit. Hoping the Danger and Tarrant talk is a smokescreen. Don't mind Aish either but think Treloar fits our needs better.

I would guess Tarrant is to fill a void between lake and brand, should brand make it. Brand won't hit his peak for a few years. With a ready to go kpp like Tarrant we have the luxury of developing brand slowly instead of throwing in the deep end or being forced to play shoey back.

After undergoing shoulder reconstructions on both of his shoulders this year, we have very little choice but to develop him slowly. He has lost an awful lot of condition in his upper body as is to be expected.

Next year will be about him regaining confidence in his shoulders and building up the arms chest just to get him to his former level. Given that he is a thinnish kid to begin with, all of this will take some time. He does have some very good attributes for a key back like the ability to read the flight and play close behind his opponent to either out mark or spoil. In both of these categories is very good indeed. I suppose we'll have to wait until 2017-8 to see what we really have with him.

Here's a thought I just had on the Hawks push to get all 18 teams to be able to trade future picks...

What if we have pushed to get this to be a thing this year NOT so we can trade out our future picks BUT to in fact trade in other teams future picks for some of our depth.

If this years draft is truly not that good (just what I hear thrown about, idk if there's any truth to it) and we might have a few players who want to try their luck elsewhere then it would make sense for us to try and get 2016 draft picks (if it's meant to be a stronger draft) for them rather than get 2015 draft picks that we will use on players that we'll have to give 2 year contracts to anyway.

Here's a thought I just had on the Hawks push to get all 18 teams to be able to trade future picks...

What if we have pushed to get this to be a thing this year NOT so we can trade out our future picks BUT to in fact trade in other teams future picks for some of our depth.

If this years draft is truly not that good (just what I hear thrown about, idk if there's any truth to it) and we might have a few players who want to try their luck elsewhere then it would make sense for us to try and get 2016 draft picks (if it's meant to be a stronger draft) for them rather than get 2015 draft picks that we will use on players that we'll have to give 2 year contracts to anyway.
I think what you will see is the same sort of thing as previous years in that we are willing to trade out of the first round if we can trade back into a sub 30 pick except it will now be extended over multiple years so that across any given period, e.g. 3 years, we will have an 'early' pick on average once per year even if that means 2-3 of those picks occur in the one year.

What would it cost us to get Ray Chamberlain into Hawks Colours? He tears us apart, week in - week out.

Maybe we can bring Razor to Hawks so he can't umpire against us? The same way we got Gibbo so he couldn't play on Buddy*!

*stupidest myth ever & clearly not the reason but doesn't stop it being said when discussing our trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we don't get Robbie Tarrant. We don't need a player sitting in the stands injured all season.

2016 is the year both Kurt Heatherley and Kaiden Brand make their HFC debut.
Has Shem been tried as a key defender? I don't mind the idea of Heatherly at CHB I just don't think he has the size to play FB. I would hope we would be after better prospects though in Tom Lynch or Tom Clurey. I would love to get Tim O' Brien on a diet of pies for a week, kid just needs size.

Need to sniff about Josh Kelly, Whitfield, Hampton or Matera.

HB Dasher...what or who you are you thinking we might have in mind this offseason?

My feeling is that we have pushed the trading of future picks to enable us to deal for one of these:

JOM
Whitfield
Danger
Other

Can't see us keeping our first pick again this year and can see a package deal on the horizon for an Upgrade of our first rounder to then offload it for a high quality young mid. We know Wrighty doesn't do things in halves!

It was very interesting listening to plough today. He believes we are up to something big on the back of how hard Hawthorn pushed for the trading of future draft picks. He said we threatened to refuse to participate in all of the equalisation crap if it wasn't signed off on.
You guys are definitely up to something wouldn't be surprised to see you guys land Dangerfield with most of your stars over 30 you would think you would have a lot of cap room and could easily back end a big deal especially with the salary cap expected to rise over the next few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back