List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must be unbackable favorites to snag him, will be hilarious if they don't!

Maybe we should get some memes ready?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine Dangers first press conference after going anywhere other then Geelong!

"...well I didn't want to go to Geelong because x y z!"

Just Imagine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we don't get Danger than I'm happy with Bennell. Whichever way we spin it, we need inside beast with a bit of toe!! In years to come, Port, Tigers, Gws, and even Brisbane could really hurt us and don't wanna even think about a more experienced Bulldogs! lions executed their run and gun style thru the guts really well for patches but for too many spuds!! Our forwards with the inclusion of Sicilly, our backs with the improvement of Gus, Doc, Chip, our outside runners with smith, Hartung and hill look to be sufficient enough but the inside mids who can stop opponents on their tracks or run from the stoppage you can't have enough imo. Treloar to Pies, danger to cats so, we have to be 'Active' during the 'Meat Market'.

Trading away Hartung would very much go against how I thought the club operate...and similarly Mcevoy. The club values character strongly (as does every club) but maybe more so at Hawthorn. Those two are both high character guys, and still young. Especially Hartung, who I am guessing the club is more than impressed with.
Also insurance if Brad Hill decides he wants to race cars around Perth on a more permanent basis.

How many players have we traded who were yet to hit their prime and had good potential?

People talking like Bennel is a backup plan...if we got him, his upside is as good as any player in the league.

Some would argue that all players have plenty of upside. I prefer a player that has achieved enough that they only have downside left.

Some would argue that all players have plenty of upside. I prefer a player that has achieved enough that they only have downside left.

Talent evaluators have to determine which ones don't have the upside, there are plenty.

If you want a player who has reached their peak and has only a downside left, you pay premium price in trade and or $. Unless they have only a couple of years left or are a role filler. We are talking superstar players here...buy low, but become a star...there is nothing better.

Talent evaluators have to determine which ones don't have the upside, there are plenty.

If you want a player who has reached their peak and has only a downside left, you pay premium price in trade and or $. Unless they have only a couple of years left or are a role filler. We are talking superstar players here...buy low, but become a star...there is nothing better.

Yes, I get your point, but when you're buying low on potential, you have to buy a lot in case they fail to reach that potential. You don't sell the farm on a "huge up-side", but you do on a "guaranteed first class"

Yes, I get your point, but when you're buying low on potential, you have to buy a lot in case they fail to reach that potential. You don't sell the farm on a "huge up-side", but you do on a "guaranteed first class"

That's my point. You don't have to sell the farm if they haven't hit gun status. Mind you, I think Bennel is already a gun. And would be a great get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of the players just listed also left of their own accord. Just nice enough to let us know so we could facilitate trades (many of which are working for us well to this day). Thankfully some players don't conspire with the opposition and their managers to absolutey screw us.

I think we had the best of Hall and Jarman. Even McGlynn I don't think has improved much at the Swans.

Jarman was more midfielder with us, he turned into a forward/mid at the Crows. I think he was equally as good at the Crows, if not a little more damaging than when he was with us.

Jarmans 1998/1999 season with the Crows where probably the best footy he has played, he dominated those 2 years.

I wish there are plenty of "you" trading on the stock market brother! :)

I think we had the best of Hall and Jarman. Even McGlynn I don't think has improved much at the Swans.

I hope you really are Scott Maginness ;) Jarman won a GF off his own bat! He may have been good with us, but that will always mean he was a better player at the Crows.

I hope you really are Scott Maginness ;) Jarman won a GF off his own bat! He may have been good with us, but that will always mean he was a better player at the Crows.
Jarman's best year in the AFL was in 1995
Hawks were pathetic, and Jars came runner up in the Brownlow medal
For the entire year of 95, Jars was magnificent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back