List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watts is ok but probably not a premiership CHB. Plays more like a flanker. Just don't see where he fits for us.
That's where it gets interesting. KPF,FPB, BBM could fit anywhere if, on his talent & not heart, his potential can be unlocked. His best is good enough to be in the best 22. His worst has him as the water boy for box hill

Stevie J saying he's likely to retire, but he's going to wait a couple of weeks because there is interest for him.

Maybe his last chance is playing today? ;)

Stevie J saying he's likely to retire, but he's going to wait a couple of weeks because there is interest for him.

Maybe his last chance is playing today? ;)

Stevie J, Ballantyne and Crowley in the same team? :S

Hey all
Sorry for jumping in again
But have a feeling Hawks will draft Jordan Moncrieff as a father son
Just from a general vibe talking to some people connected to clubs.

I believe the state combine is coming up and he is all focus on the combine and putting his foot forward to increase hes chances.

Again sorry if wrong thread

Congrats on the win today games but you can spare a flag or two for bulldogs please hhaha

I wonder if wining another GF makes us a better or worse destination club?

Had an interesting conversation re this today & the pros being the obvious strong club etc etc etc, but the interesting cons were, can't keep going at the top, must drop off soon, etc.

Frawley looked pretty damn happy today!

Wonder how Bud feels.....

I wonder if wining another GF makes us a better or worse destination club?

Had an interesting conversation re this today & the pros being the obvious strong club etc etc etc, but the interesting cons were, can't keep going at the top, must drop off soon, etc.

Frawley looked pretty damn happy today!

Wonder how Bud feels.....
If Dangerfield were to tomorrow turn his back on the Geelong offer and said to his manager "Get me to Hawthorn. Make it happen". We would make it work with Adelaide and we'd get him across. We'd then be $3.00 favourites for the 2016 flag (we're currently $4.00).

We'll continue to be a premiership threat and be attractive to players from other clubs but we do have to be selective at the same time. Not every player who wants to come join us with a dream of being a premiership player in his first year here will have a position with us. We still need to recruit on a needs basis.

Hey Guys!
Great win by the boys today, absolutely loved it.

Anyway i was thinking as our forwards in the reserves aren't no guarantee to make it to afl level, and i was thinking that maybe taking Spencer White in the rookie draft is worth the risk.

Thoughts?

According to Andrew Newbold our cap is full and we will be bypassing the trade period and going to the draft
So people saying Aish and Bennell done deals to Hawthorn must be wrong
Suckling yet to resign so there MUST be space , if he elects to walk there's $350 straight away of space .
If Hale elects to retire that would say open another ....$200 ??
If we chose not to resign Lake another $200-$250 ?
So while right as we speak we have no space that could and ill go with will change quickly ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suckling yet to resign so there MUST be space , if he elects to walk there's $350 straight away of space .
So while right as we speak we have no space that could and ill go with will change quickly ;)

Reckon Lake stays? My gut is no, but his last two games did him no harm. I think it's more about getting games into Kurt and Gus

Reckon Lake stays? My gut is no, but his last two games did him no harm. I think it's more about getting games into Kurt and Gus

If the Clarko believes we are another chance for 2016 (which he would), then Lake should stay. We won't be able to replace what he brings to our back 6 should he finish up.
Gus is not a KPD, plays Stratton role.

And whitey who would be on about $250,000

Gut feeling: Hale will retire, allowing around $250,000 or so out of the salary cap. The general feel is that Whitecross and Suckling will envoke their rights as Free Agents (both are probably $150,000-200,000 ish) so that's already a decent amount of Salary Cap space. Though I think he'll go on for another year, if Brian Lake is forced by the Club to retire that's an extra $350,000 dollars in the Salary Cap.

It's not enough to get a real big fish, but $250-$300 could go towards a talented player.

On another note, I really hope that Lake doesn't retire because the only real genuine KPD we have in development is Brand and Heatherly: both of whom are unknowns (really keen on Heatherly's development though, very good overhead mark and reader of the ball like Lake). Another season with Lake while we are arguably still in the Premiership Window (greedy much?) would be fantastic and gives him time to teach the other two his craft.

Personally I'd love to get James Aish to the club as he'd be better than anything we would get with pick 18 in this shallow draft (probably downgraded to pick 20 when Free Agency is taken into account) and is another talented player we could add to our growing young midfield depths.

Apart from that, there's nothing really in our realistic batting range. Players like Bennell will probably get $500,000 at a club like Richmond/Fremantle who wish to add real speed. Seedsman would be alright, but North would probably be able to offer more for him swell as guarantee more game-time.

This Trade Period (probably) isn't going to see us land a big fish like Lake, Burgoyne or look at already established players with further potential e.g. Gibson and Hale but instead take a gamble on players who have potential e.g. Gunston and O'Rourke. Also use one of our draft picks to grab a developing tall forward (that's not a stick).

Of course, I'm speaking out of my arse and have no idea what would happen.

Hope we are not looking for a Ryan O'Keefe type again. With Schoenmakers improvement this has allowed Roughead to become the big bodied mid/fwd that O'Keefe was.
With all you hypotheticals the change in structure of the side has created its own little draft/trade concept (see Roughy situation above).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back