List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason why Dunkley wouldn't nominate the Swans as a F/S??

Anything to do with him spending time at the Ricoh centre?

I heard that his father had a falling out with the Swannies but perception was that it should not have an effect on the father/son situation.

If he has a kicking action anything like his fathers then he is no hope at the Ricoh centre.

Any reason why Dunkley wouldn't nominate the Swans as a F/S??

Anything to do with him spending time at the Ricoh centre?

Dunkley lives in Victoria, so needs to weigh up whether he wants to relocate to the swans. not only that, but he'd be up against Mills, Heeney, Parker, Kennedy, Hannebery, Jack and McVeigh for a midfield birth. tough nut to Crack.

He might chance his arm and nominate for the draft - doesn't hurt that he has spent time down at Waverley in the past. Am sure Big Rough has had a word in his ear!

Something about Family in Vic. Maybe our Second pick? would you take him over Hibberd?
I wouldn't take either of them with 15/18.
Dunkley has hardly played, except for a bit in Richmond VFL, can't see his main asset.
Hibberd looks ok, but I would always avoid 18y.o. who have done an ACL.

I'd love Charlie Curnow at 15 if he's still available.
I'm a no on Collins, think he wins a lot of contests at junior level due to size advantage over immature bodies, that wont be available at AFL level.

I'm a no on Gresham as I think he's just too small (177cm) for modern footy, but I could be persuaded.

I'd snap up Tom Cole with 18.

I wouldn't take either of them with 15/18.
Dunkley has hardly played, except for a bit in Richmond VFL, can't see his main asset.
Hibberd looks ok, but I would always avoid 18y.o. who have done an ACL.

I'd love Charlie Curnow at 15 if he's still available.
I'm a no on Collins, think he wins a lot of contests at junior level due to size advantage over immature bodies, that wont be available at AFL level.

I'm a no on Gresham as I think he's just too small (177cm) for modern footy, but I could be persuaded.

I'd snap up Tom Cole with 18.

Charlie Curnow is a jet, will be top 10 for sure.

I'm a fan of Gresham as I wasn't before though due to that height, but we know that height jas hurt or stopped Mitchell from starring. Gresham had a pretty decent combine showing. Was 1 of 4 to win the Goal Kick by kicking 30/30. 21/30 in Kicking & was in Top 6 of Clean Hands which Collins won. Hibberd won the Kicking with 24/30.

With us looking at Woodward as a rookie again & I believe he can make it, with Langford as a contested competitive beast. Also possibly the recruitment of O'Meara I think Gresham can really run wild in our midfield as one who can rotate to playing as an outside midfielder & hit up targets.

Didn't know Hibberd done his knee... therefore I'd have a good look at Bonner with 18.

I'm a fan of Gresham as I wasn't before though due to that height, but we know that height jas hurt or stopped Mitchell from starring. Gresham had a pretty decent combine showing. Was 1 of 4 to win the Goal Kick by kicking 30/30. 21/30 in Kicking & was in Top 6 of Clean Hands which Collins won. Hibberd won the Kicking with 24/30.

With us looking at Woodward as a rookie again & I believe he can make it, with Langford as a contested competitive beast. Also possibly the recruitment of O'Meara I think Gresham can really run wild in our midfield as one who can rotate to playing as an outside midfielder & hit up targets.

Didn't know Hibberd done his knee... therefore I'd have a good look at Bonner with 18.
Hibberd did his knee a while back. Did a rehab and preseason and then hurt his shoulder which required surgery so he has basically had his two year recovery already and apparently the medical was good.

I replied in another thread about Gresham but to add to that, his height will make it difficult to play in the center full time. We already have two very short wingman in Hill and Hartung so I'd be reluctant to pick him with a first rounder given there are probably better players out there anyway and he doesn't fulfill an immediate need. I do like him generally though.

You've got so many ducks lined up, and chickens counted.....You're old Mac right?
You've counted Woody who has to be a huge long shot to make it now, he wasn't even getting picked when healthy.
Langford who has been out of favour because of suspect kicking skills, and no surety to get substantially better in that area.
And O'Meara, who at this stage is just a Hawthorn pipe dream that would be a very difficult get next year.
The midfield you've conjured doesn't exist and would be a looooooong leap to exist as suggested.

Me, I take Oliver, even if I have to package an extra pick on draft night to move up and get him.
I offer 15 and next year's second, along with 48 from this year if need be, to get down to 7-10 pick range.
The kid is a no miss inside mid.
Maybe never be as good as Mitch, but feel will be twice the player Langford has hopes of being.
Now, Langford alongside him would be a nice look, alongside a classy fleet footed outside young stud......but that will be an easier feat to assemble if we can get Oliver first.

You've got so many ducks lined up, and chickens counted.....You're old Mac right?
You've counted Woody who has to be a huge long shot to make it now, he wasn't even getting picked when healthy.
Langford who has been out of favour because of suspect kicking skills, and no surety to get substantially better in that area.
And O'Meara, who at this stage is just a Hawthorn pipe dream that would be a very difficult get next year.
The midfield you've conjured doesn't exist and would be a looooooong leap to exist as suggested.

Me, I take Oliver, even if I have to package an extra pick on draft night to move up and get him.
I offer 15 and next year's second, along with 48 from this year if need be, to get down to 7-10 pick range.
Maybe never be as good as Mitch, but feel will be twice the player Langford has hopes of being.
Now, Langford alongside him would be a nice look, alongside a classy fleet footed outside young stud......but that will be an easier feat to assemble if we can get Oliver first.

Clayton Oliver is a dream... he will not becoming to us. He will drop as far as Crows if he does.

Gresham on the other hand is realistic at bringing him in.

Sounds like you don't have much faith in O'Rourke... or Hawks midfield that are doing their apprenticeship.

Hibberd did his knee a while back. Did a rehab and preseason and then hurt his shoulder which required surgery so he has basically had his two year recovery already and apparently the medical was good.

I replied in another thread about Gresham but to add to that, his height will make it difficult to play in the center full time. We already have two very short wingman in Hill and Hartung so I'd be reluctant to pick him with a first rounder given there are probably better players out there anyway and he doesn't fulfill an immediate need. I do like him generally though.

Don't feel there is many players who fill immediate needs. Collins maybe that's about the others will need to be nurtured & developed.

Clayton Oliver is a dream... he will not becoming to us. He will drop as far as Crows if he does.

Gresham on the other hand is realistic at bringing him in.

Sounds like you don't have much faith in O'Rourke... or Hawks midfield that are doing their apprenticeship.

No faith at all in O'Rourke as a mid.....but I think he could be a player - say off the half back.
Who are the Hawks midfield doing an apprenticeship?

I can't quote and bold....

How do the moves on draft night work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree with this concept of "being a second-rounder" or "not worth a first round pick".

If you want a player and he's available, you pick the player.

Brishawk I can't see Hill or Hartung going through the midfield apart from the Wing. Atleast Gresham can move from wing & onto the ball.
He can but at 177 he can't be a full time mid so will need to play wing HFF. We already have Hartung, Rioli, Hill, Puopolo playing those roles who are all sub 180 cm. None are old enough to need replacing so I'm not sure. He could be an upgrade on Hartung but I think they are very similar players in the roles that they can play at AFL level. From what I have seen of Gresham he is the player who plays outside your big bodied mid or on a wing. We would better pick one of the many genuine mids capable of playing HBF to replace Burgoyne, Hodge and Suckling (or a BF capable of playing Mid).

He can but at 177 he can't be a full time mid so will need to play wing HFF. We already have Hartung, Rioli, Hill, Puopolo playing those roles who are all sub 180 cm. None are old enough to need replacing so I'm not sure. He could be an upgrade on Hartung but I think they are very similar players in the roles that they can play at AFL level. From what I have seen of Gresham he is the player who plays outside your big bodied mid or on a wing. We would better pick one of the many genuine mids capable of playing HBF to replace Burgoyne, Hodge and Suckling (or a BF capable of playing Mid).
Poppy is 27. It's not about replacing, it's about form, form warrants selection not players name.

Poppy is 27. It's not about replacing, it's about form, form warrants selection not players name.
Sure but we have no replacement for mitchell, hodge and burgoyne. Its about priorities. Gresham won't be the best available player at 15 nor will he address our highest priority list requirements.

The AFL paying Carlisle Ambassadorial payments to basically get him across to Saints.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...e-film-nine-days-earlier-20151104-gkqiww.html

Unless I have it wrong, I am filthy on them for manipulating the system, like what they did with Sheil.

Crooks evening up the comp with stealth
You have it wrong, all clubs are allowed to offer additional service agreements to their players. This was introduced by the AFL with FA. The Aints used this carrot to lure Carlisle and now they want to wind it back after finding out he likes coke

Sure but we have no replacement for mitchell, hodge and burgoyne. Its about priorities. Gresham won't be the best available player at 15 nor will he address our highest priority list requirements.
What do you mean by Replacement?

Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne & Lewis...
We can't replace like for like... plus they all same paced apart from Burgers who has excel.
Hawks have faith in Howe, Langford, O'Rourke & Woodward (Expected to be re-rookied) or they wouldn't have kept them or got them in. There's one thing missing from that group which is elite skills.

Also my question is who is best available to be taken at that pick to help the transition?

They don't... :/
Must've misinterpreted, or I've been living under a rock
You have it wrong, all clubs are allowed to offer additional service agreements to their players. This was introduced by the AFL with FA. The Aints used this carrot to lure Carlisle and now they want to wind it back after finding out he likes coke
Thanks for the clarification

What do you mean by Replacement?

Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne & Lewis...
We can't replace like for like... plus they all same paced apart from Burgers who has excel.
Hawks have faith in Howe, Langford, O'Rourke & Woodward (Expected to be re-rookied) or they wouldn't have kept them or got them in. There's one thing missing from that group which is elite skills.
All four of those players are versatile. They can play two or more of midfield, HFF, HBF. At AFL level I don't believe Gresham will be able to play an inside role like mitchell. He will need to play the large majority of his match time outside on a wing or HFF. We have literally no one that can play mitchell's role. For example, I think Hibberd could play some similar roles to Hodge. Can't expect him to be as good but elite skills with the ability to play in the middle and off a HBF is something our team will need to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back