List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success and professionalism. Two very important parts of any plan to get someone into your club.

Shiel's family want him back in Melbourne and at the Hawks, it's just up to him as to where he lands.
Yep. Just hoping he lets us get his true value for him.

A Tigers fan asked about the value of Hampton. What would we realistically get from you blokes with Hampton and Shiel offered up? Hampton is not bad as far as steak knives go.

Helps that you guys are success personified.

Don't think you'll have to pay overs to land Shiel. I reckon he'll go to a club like Hawks for around $400-$500k. All he wants is premierships. I don't think he gives a stuff about money.

Every chance you could land 2 of those 3

IF WE GET SHIEL & SLOANE!

HAWKS BOARD
south-park-randy-marsh-internet-over-logging.jpg

REST OF BIG FOOTY & THE SPORTS MEDIA, AFL & !7 OTHER CLUBS!
maxresdefault.jpg

Don't think you'll have to pay overs to land Shiel. I reckon he'll go to a club like Hawks for around $400-$500k. All he wants is premierships. I don't think he gives a stuff about money.

Every chance you could land 2 of those 3.
It's cruel to tease!

Mate the St Kilda board would be the absolute funniest place on earth if you guys got both Shiel and Sloane.

They've been obsessed with getting them both to Moorabbin for about 78 pages of their draft/trade thread.

That's a riot....When was the last time a serious quality player decided on the Saints?....Why would you choose to self-inflict a punishment so heinous?o_O

The latest on Dylan Shiel is that he is now genuinely torn between staying at GWS for one more contract or going to Hawthorn.
His biggest concern is leaving GWS when he could be on the cusp of sustained success at the Giants. He really doesn't want to leave if he is at all unsure of our medium term future.

I can assure you, there are no other clubs in the hunt and it won't be for money but he has gone from 99% wanting to come home and play at Hawthorn to no more than 50/50 after GWS much improved performances this year. If he stays it is for 3 more years and then he comes home. He is only interested in success which speaks volumes of the kid.

Last edited:
The latest on Dylan Shiel is that he is now genuinely torn between staying at GWS for one more contract or going to Hawthorn.
His biggest concern is leaving GWS when he could be on the cusp of sustained success at the Giants. He really doesn't want to leave if he is at all unsure of our medium term future.

I can assure you, there are no other clubs in the hunt and it won't be for money but he has gone from 99% wanting to come home and play at Hawthorn to no more than 50/50 after GWS much improved performances this year. If he stays it is for 3 more years and then he comes home. He is only interested in success which speaks volumes of the kid.
Hawks could have possibly lost more than the 4 points dropping that game to GWS it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Just hoping he lets us get his true value for him.

A Tigers fan asked about the value of Hampton. What would we realistically get from you blokes with Hampton and Shiel offered up? Hampton is not bad as far as steak knives go.
I don't even know who Hampton is.

We've gone from the fanciful idea that we could get Dylan Shiel to his only club to leave GWS for is us...is this just wishful thinking?
It might be a hard sell to someone of his age when all the great names of the club will be gone in a few years and we start dropping down the ladder.

I'd be very surprised if Sloane didn't sign with the crows after everything he has said. Comes across as a very straight up trustworthy guy. Pity as he would really fit in at the Hawks.

Sloane's family have moved over there and his girlfriend is from there as well I believe. Would he change his tune if Dangerfield left?

Sloane's family have moved over there and his girlfriend is from there as well I believe. Would he change his tune if Dangerfield left?

Sorry to burst the bubble....The Age this morning reporting that Sloane is on the verge of signing a new deal at Adelaide which is now imminent.:(

Sloanes girlfriend is from Victoria

Of all the rumour's I have heard about Shiel this one sounds the most realistic. Has held off contract talks so looking to come home would suggest that we would have an excellent chance of luring him to Waverley. Having said that if GWS keep winning, I really cant see him leaving a club which will probably play finals this year and be a legit contender for the flag for next 6-8 years plus.

To tip the scales back in our favour, we would need to finish top four and go close to winning the flag whilst GWS drop off significantly in the latter part of the season. Personally i dont see them dropping off too badly later in the year.

On a final note, if we could pull this off, Dylan Shiel would be the BIGGEST recruiting coup by HFC i the past 20 years. This kid will become an absolute gun and elite midfielder, already well on the way

Of all the rumour's I have heard about Shiel this one sounds the most realistic. Has held off contract talks so looking to come home would suggest that we would have an excellent chance of luring him to Waverley. Having said that if GWS keep winning, I really cant see him leaving a club which will probably play finals this year and be a legit contender for the flag for next 6-8 years plus.

To tip the scales back in our favour, we would need to finish top four and go close to winning the flag whilst GWS drop off significantly in the latter part of the season. Personally i dont see them dropping off too badly later in the year.

On a final note, if we could pull this off, Dylan Shiel would be the BIGGEST recruiting coup by HFC i the past 20 years. This kid will become an absolute gun and elite midfielder, already well on the way

I still think there is a medium to high chance they will fall off a bit towards the end of the season, for two reasons:
- (1) Young team: Young teams, even with players who have had 2-3 pre-seasons, still fall off towards the end [See Gold Coast last year]. Owing to their good start, they may rest players. But they still will likely fall off, as they have in previous seasons. I don't expect them to keep this up for the whole year. Tags later on in the season on Griffen will be telling, as he will need to carry more of the load.
- (2) Opponents Left: Look at who GWS have mainly played [StK, Melb, Carl] + [losses to Syd, WCE]. They did beat us and Adelaide, but I honestly don't rate ADE that highly, and we played very poorly. They still have some big teams to face and they are going to hit big hurdles against Freo and co. Their streak wont continue.

It's kinda the same reason why I think WCE are overrated by the media atm. Both GWS and moreso WCE, have had a pretty easy start to the season. Don't get me wrong, the Giants beating us and Adelaide show that they are growing quickly into a very solid side. But their draw has been far easier than say Port or even ours to an extent. It's a very even season, so I don't expect any side to continue a long winning streak, especially young teams.

Last edited:

Every chance you could land 2 of those 3.

If we landed 2/3 of Sloane/Danger/Shiel I would be absolutely shocked, and absolutely chuffed. Don't think it's likely, but would be the greatest list coup of the modern era.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back