List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the rumour's I have heard about Shiel this one sounds the most realistic. Has held off contract talks so looking to come home would suggest that we would have an excellent chance of luring him to Waverley. Having said that if GWS keep winning, I really cant see him leaving a club which will probably play finals this year and be a legit contender for the flag for next 6-8 years plus.

To tip the scales back in our favour, we would need to finish top four and go close to winning the flag whilst GWS drop off significantly in the latter part of the season. Personally i dont see them dropping off too badly later in the year.

On a final note, if we could pull this off, Dylan Shiel would be the BIGGEST recruiting coup by HFC i the past 20 years. This kid will become an absolute gun and elite midfielder, already well on the way

I reckon with the GWS winning, and team spirit and sense building something on the increase, coupled with significant signings, GWS will hold solid. Me thinks that the stinking carcass that is Gold Coast might be where the focus might actually be for a few clubs.

The big thing for us as far as salary cap goes is that Hodge, Mitchell and Burgers are all going to retire in the next few years. Anyone we bring on now will be able to have their contract back-ended and there should be more than enough to cover things.

The problem is that I don't see how we get a trade done for a guy like Shiel.

From the AFL U'18'S Website.

TALL defender Aaron Francis has produced an aerial master-class to lead South Australia to a 25-point win over Vic Metro at AAMI Stadium on Saturday.

The highly rated backman, who has already played several senior games at SANFL level, took 12 marks, including 11 intercepts, to drive SA to its first win of the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

Francis, who is 191cm and 88kg, also finished with 17 disposals and six rebound 50s in the best on ground display, reinforcing his great talent.

The Croweaters built a match-winning 34-point lead at half-time and were never seriously challenged, eventually winning 13.15 (93) to 10.8 (68).

SA forward Oleg Markov, whose father Dmitiri was a world pole vault champion, was the other star, booting five goals. His emergence would have been the big talking point for recruiters post-match after an injury-interrupted 2014 meant he missed out on his AFL opportunity.

Midfielder Luke Partington backed up his standout performance from round one with 24 possessions, four clearances and five inside 50s, while Will Snelling (23 possessions) impressed.

Metro made a short-lived rally in the third quarter after back-to-back goals from famous names Jack Silvagni and Jordan Matera, going into the final term trailing by 27 points. However, their midfield couldn't match it with SA, losing the clearances (39-29) and the inside 50s (52-38).

The margin could have been much greater given SA's inaccuracy in front of goal.

Metro's major ball-winners were Nicholas O'Kearney (28 possessions) and Jade Gresham (27), who each had six clearances as their team's leading midfielders.

Oakleigh Chargers forward Daniel Houston booted four goals and took six marks, while Harley Balic racked up 26 possessions.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA 4.4 7.8 9.13 13.15 (93)
VIC METRO 0.3 2.4 6.4 10.8 (68)

GOALS
South Australia:
Markov 5, Redman 3, Allen 2, Nunn, Milera, Combe
Vic Metro: Houston 4, Matera 2, Leonardis, Crocker, Answerth, Silvagni

BEST
South Australia:
Francis, Markov, Partington, Olekains, Snelling, Milera
Vic Metro: O'Kearney, Gresham, Houston, Gallucci, Balic, Leonardis

There is also an excellent write-up by Thunderstruck in the draft forum freds.

Last edited:

I would love to have one of Murphy at Hawthorn. The only problem is his age really doesn't fit when we already have an ageing list. Shiel, Treloar, Dixon or Dangerfield would be great. However, it is doubtful we would have the cash or assets willing to be traded to acquire any of them. Our best bet is to go for someone that hasn't reached their potential, a player the hawks coaches think can develop into a good player. The new Hale or Gibbo.
Maybe we should try getting Jono ORourke
He'd fit everything you just suggested

The latest on Dylan Shiel is that he is now genuinely torn between staying at GWS for one more contract or going to Hawthorn.
His biggest concern is leaving GWS when he could be on the cusp of sustained success at the Giants. He really doesn't want to leave if he is at all unsure of our medium term future.

I can assure you, there are no other clubs in the hunt and it won't be for money but he has gone from 99% wanting to come home and play at Hawthorn to no more than 50/50 after GWS much improved performances this year. If he stays it is for 3 more years and then he comes home. He is only interested in success which speaks volumes of the kid.

I'm sorry but that's complete and utter rubbish

I'm sorry but that's complete and utter rubbish
Well considering you made that account for no other reason than to post this, please enlighten us as to your information and where you got it?

Well, I'm 110% confident that we're going to land a name at the end of the year.

We're now linked to Sloane, Dangerfield and Shiel.

We don't shop at Aldi, do we.
We don't get those we are linked to but usually blindside on day one of trade period with someone not previously mentioned.

We don't get those we are linked to but usually blindside on day one of trade period with someone not previously mentioned.
We were linked to Frawley and O'Rourke all last year, though.

Well considering you made that account for no other reason than to post this, please enlighten us as to your information and where you got it?
I made it because I've lost details to 3 accounts forgetting to save the password lol, well for one to say no other clubs are in the hunt is utter rubbish I've heard from several reliable sources that Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton and St Kilda are all 100% in the hunt for Shiel, his manager was spotted actually at Seaford a few weeks ago, I'll give him one thing he is 50/50 about staying at GWS or coming home to a Melbourne based club.

I made it because I've lost details to 3 accounts forgetting to save the password lol, well for one to say no other clubs are in the hunt is utter rubbish I've heard from several reliable sources that Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton and St Kilda are all 100% in the hunt for Shiel, his manager was spotted actually at Seaford a few weeks ago, I'll give him one thing he is 50/50 about staying at GWS or coming home to a Melbourne based club.

OK Mr anonymous guy who 'forgets' his passwords. I'm sure I 100% trust your opinion over someone who actually posts more than once under each name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK Mr anonymous guy who 'forgets' his passwords. I'm sure I 100% trust your opinion over someone who actually posts more than once under each name.

Can attest to that fact that what he says - in terms of accounts - is true.

I got a new computer, didn't write down my details is that such a big deal? Jeez, tell me what information have you got? Is Shiel 100% coming to Hawthorn along with Sloane and Dangerfield along with the number 1 draft pick. No need to get offended just because I said he was wrong in saying Hawthorn were the only team in the hunt for Shiel

You got a monorail to sell?

I want what Snrub wants!

I like the way Snrub thinks!

images

That's a riot....When was the last time a serious quality player decided on the Saints?....Why would you choose to self-inflict a punishment so heinous?o_O
Fraser Gehrig and Aaron hamil come to mind.

I got a new computer, didn't write down my details is that such a big deal? Jeez, tell me what information have you got? Is Shiel 100% coming to Hawthorn along with Sloane and Dangerfield along with the number 1 draft pick. No need to get offended just because I said he was wrong in saying Hawthorn were the only team in the hunt for Shiel

I know nothing (Jon Snow), but just find it interesting that you come on here declaring 100% that the other poster is wrong, and yet carry zero credibility.

I know nothing (Jon Snow), but just find it interesting that you come on here declaring 100% that the other poster is wrong, and yet carry zero credibility.
It's interesting for him to declare that no other clubs were in the hunt for Shiel's services don't you think? I'll give him one thing, it seems if he does stay at GWS he'll only sign a 2 year extension then come home

Sorry to intrude but would you do a trade of Birchall for pick 9 or 10 with GWS?
No. And I officially speak on behalf of the club.

3 time premiership player and All Australian for a single pick that is essentially a stab in the dark. It's a little insulting to be honest.

Last edited:
No. And I officially speak on behalf of the cub.

3 time premiership player and All Australian for a single pick that is essentially a stab in the dark. It's a little insulting to be honest.
Try Pick 9, Billings and Dunstan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back