List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 10 years of reading this forum, I've rarely come across such an idiotic and short sighted post from a Hawthorn supporter.

Stupid on so many levels...

Agree, nearly at the level of the "Where's Hodgey At" thread.

That thread was scuppered by a guy named Norm Smith ...

If Dangerfield wants success why would he go to Geelong. Come to us Danger, win some premierships and then it's only a couple hour drive to see your family...
Cats are on the decline lololol

Danger signs for Crows
says SA legends

Even better would be

DANGERFIELD RESIGNS!
After much talk throughout the year, Dangerfield has decided he's had enough and quit football altogether.

We really do need to go after a center half forward at the end of the season. Whether via the national draft, trade week or free agency, anyone who saw Box Hill play on the weekend would know that O'Brien is still a fair way off from being a regular starter in our team and Schoenmakers may not even be on our list beyond 2015 and Grimley will be de-listed.

We really do need to go after a center half forward at the end of the season. Whether via the national draft, trade week or free agency, anyone who saw Box Hill play on the weekend would know that O'Brien is still a fair way off from being a regular starter in our team and Schoenmakers may not even be on our list beyond 2015 and Grimley will be de-listed.
Tom Lynch goes OK, and if he isn't one in hot water he might want out.

Tom Lynch goes OK, and if he isn't one in hot water he might want out.

It will be hard to lure Tom Lynch away from the Suns though as he is their best key position player. His contract expires at the end of 2016. I hope our club has a key forward in their sights to try and lure at the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be hard to lure Tom Lynch away from the Suns though as he is their best key position player. His contract expires at the end of 2016. I hope our club has a key forward in their sights to try and lure at the end of the year.
IMHO - Dixon would be the perfect Hale replacement, and would fill this requirement.

IMHO - Dixon would be the perfect Hale replacement, and would fill this requirement.

Hes a unit, over 200cms tall, can run, jump and is a contested mark. He looked damn good yesterday........just when he was about to take the game by the scruff of the neck, he injured himself.....story of his career so far.

Geez. I hope Geelong get no one via free agency this year. So many Geelong posters on the main forum are so certain they'll get not only Danger, but Henderson and Yarran too, that they're acting like they've already got them.

I no longer care if they go to other clubs. Just anyone but Geelong. Please.

I appreciate the response and complteley respect what you say however I think our definition of 'kid' differs. Kid to me is not 22-23 years old, kid to me is 18-21 max, by the time you get 22-23 you should be established or close to being established.

I'll say this, I don't see many from the list I wrote to be established by that age and if you're not established by your 4th-5th season you probably need to be looked at. I lived with my best mate who spent 4 years on a list, he had 25 odd touches on debut and was delisted after his 4th season after about 9 games, it was fairly well accepted that at the elite level the maximum you get is 4 years, with some being cut after 2.

I just want to see more of our 3rd/4th/5th years really push on, if they don't then they very much are list cloggers.
Interesting claims. Read about this recently and saw a good graph and post on it:
tumblr_inline_nm4luhSXb81t1q47q_500.png

It turns out that, on average, players hit their peak output the year they turn 27 and more or less hold it it until age 30 or 31.

It also seems that old players don’t get much worse. The 31, 32, 33 and 34+ cohorts don’t drop off very much, with the average 33 year old player still producing more than atypical 25-year-old.

The enduring output of older players makes intuitive senseas the league selects for talented 31 year olds more successfully than talented 19-year-olds. There’s far fewer 33-year-olds in the league because by the time players hit their late 20s, if they’re not still good enough, they are dropped or retire to make way for younger players as the pitiless procession of time marches ever onward.

http://hurlingpeoplenow.tumblr.com/post/115245604892/age-and-peak-output-in-afl-players

Think it also highlights how important Simpkin is to our list, especially when you consider the ages of the rest of our midfield where between Lewis (29) and Shiels (24) the only other mid we have is Smith. That's a huge gap and Simpkin fills that need. He's not going to dominate or be a world beater but he is a known quantity and will be able help out the midfield when the stars start retiring.

Dunno if we have any genuine list cloggers. Joffa has always been a depth player, as was Cheney. Woody is getting close to being a clogger and he was deemed the best in the VFL last season. Same for Grim and he was the most productive forward last year and is two behind this year's leader - who has played two more games.

For mine a list clogger is someone who has peaked and still not getting a game. Nearly all those mentioned have improved this year, even TO has played his best footy and started to show.

Grimley is only clogging the Rookie List. So he doesn't really matter and likely the mandatory rookie change unless the club don't rate JML/Hardisty by end of season (assuming Little Langford is all but assured max time on the list develop).

Last edited:
In 10 years of reading this forum, I've rarely come across such an idiotic and short sighted post from a Hawthorn supporter.

Stupid on so many levels...
I'd point you in the direction of "Tim O'Brien is our Brad Sewell replacement", but I know you probably haven't forgotten about that pearler.

Interesting claims. Read about this recently and saw a good graph and post on it:

http://hurlingpeoplenow.tumblr.com/post/115245604892/age-and-peak-output-in-afl-players

Think it also highlights how important Simpkin is to our list, especially when you consider the ages of the rest of our midfield where between Lewis (29) and Shiels (24) the only other mid we have is Smith. That's a huge gap and Simpkin fills that need. He's not going to dominate or be world beater but he is a known quantity and will be able help out the midfield when the stars start

Grimley is only clogging the Rookie List. So he doesn't really matter and likely the mandatory rookie change unless the club don't rate JML/Hardisty by end of season (assuming Little Langford is all but assured max time on the list develop).

But does that cohort study take into account the censoring of data when players are dropped/retire?

On topic.

Dangerfield anybody?

If not, I'm thinking we will be quiet in trade, free agency time.

If Dangerfield farts in Adelaide, does it waft towards Geelong or Melbourne?

If no one is around to hear it does it still get 10 pages worth of comments going around and around saying the same thing? :D

Sorry I haven't dropped by lately.

Had a forced 2 week lay off for calling the Lions boring Queens Birthday weekend...

In that time we managed to get Shiel to commit for 2 years. Shocked me to keep him, obviously I'm delighted he's staying.

Been looking and talking to the lads on the Richmond board about Treloar mainly. Barrett has been vocal about Collingwood offering plenty. Whispers on our board had him going there a while ago as it suited his personality type.

I can see him possibly going to Richmond as well. Not a great deal of difference in potential between the Pies and the Tiges lists at the moment, but being a part of the first Richmond premiership in 30 years would afford you unknown benefits.

Which brings me to Treloar. Surely you guys would be up to your eyeballs in him? Unless your planning on the best Rope-A-Dope since Ali and land Dangerfield?
Are you talking about Barrett as in Jake, who's doing well in the NEAFL being rumoured to Collingwood or Barrett as in Damien (the snake) who is "scooping" about Collingwood offering Treloar heaps?

idont know why the clubs tolerate this bullshit. The afl trades and player movement is the clubs domain. They should butt out and stop trying to manufacture results.
idont know why fans are so ready to easily to believe this as fact to get so worked up about it.

But does that cohort study take into account the censoring of data when players are dropped/retire?
No idea what you're talking about but I did post the link to article so you should find your answer in there.

Think it also highlights how important Simpkin is to our list, especially when you consider the ages of the rest of our midfield where between Lewis (29) and Shiels (24) the only other mid we have is Smith. That's a huge gap and Simpkin fills that need. He's not going to dominate or be world beater but he is a known quantity and will be able help out the midfield when the stars start

Really interesting.. Although this graph doesn't take into account all the 'list cloggers' that have been delisted before they reach their peak that would influence that graph.

If you're lucky enough to be on an afl list by the time your 27 it's a fair assumption that you have contributed to your club and now are a consistant performer.

Watching the Box Hill game on Saturday was god awfully painful.. Daniel Howe I'm really confident in, Woody is a clear class above that level and Willsmore looks a likely type. I didn't really see anyone else capable, it was their worst game of the year so that needs to be considered.

Watching the Box Hill game on Saturday was god awfully painful.. Daniel Howe I'm really confident in, Woody is a clear class above that level and Willsmore looks a likely type. I didn't really see anyone else capable, it was their worst game of the year so that needs to be considered.

Sicily doesn't arouse you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back