List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we be a sneaky chance to get Craig Bird from the swans as he's 26 and in the right age bracket for what rocket has described?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Repeated yabber that Harley wants to stay in Queensland. Is there any possibility we might keep him and hope this is the kick up the arse and wake up call he needed? Remembering all his indiscretions have been relatively minor
He loves the club and wants to stay so maybe he needs to come out and say he has epilepsy and a minor mental health issues so everyone can come out and say how brave he is and we all have to start treating him like some kind of king and then he keeps his job

Port allegedly offered

EFA

Port offering 5yrs according to media.

5yrs, $3.5mil

Yeah, that'll do it.

5yrs at 3.5M, as tweeted by McClure. Apparently, SEN reported the deal to be 5yrs at $2.5M. Take both with a gain of salt, as both offers are unsubstantiated hearsay.

Should one really be taking Sam 'Cooney-will-be-a-Roo-tomorrow' McClure's tweets as gospel, Ben?

Could it be down to contract length that stopped Dixon from resigning? For a bloke with reported ankle issues, 5 years is rather generous. I have my doubts.

Repeated yabber that Harley wants to stay in Queensland. Is there any possibility we might keep him and hope this is the kick up the arse and wake up call he needed? Remembering all his indiscretions have been relatively minor

These are my thoughts and I wouldn't be surprised if the inner sanctum at the club is also of this opinion as giving Harley the necessary wake up call he needs. All these past slap on the wrist efforts obviously haven't worked with him but to publicly announce "hey Harley, that's it, we're trading you" is the jolt he needs. His infringements have been minor, but the media have made it out that he's a raving, unstable lunatic. That said, what we trade him away for will show how keen we are to get rid of him. If we say trade him to Freo for pick 18, when he is obviously worth more than that, will show we were deadly serious. All this bullshit from other clubs supporters that we don't know what we're doing and we've already shown our hand too early and now have to give him away for the price they offer - I don't buy that. He is still contracted to us, we hold the ace. If we don't get what we think he is worth, even considering a discount, then hold onto him. Sit him in the NEAFL for six months if needs be.

Zero chance of him staying , think its gone past that , club gave him a number of chances . I like the notion this is the kick up the bum he needs , but i feel he has done his dash.

EFA

5yrs at 3.5M, as tweeted by McClure. Apparently, SEN reported the deal to be 5yrs at $2.5M. Take both with a gain of salt, as both offers are unsubstantiated hearsay.

Should one really be taking Sam 'Cooney-will-be-a-Roo-tomorrow' McClure's tweets as gospel, Ben?

Could it be down to contract length that stopped Dixon from resigning? For a bloke with reported ankle issues, 5 years is rather generous. I have my doubts.

I like you picked out the one wrong tweet by him which was a year ago , and not the ones he gets right . He said a long way out Dixon was going to Port and it turned out correct , Port fans where beliving him , so cant go against him now just because you dont like the figure presented.

Well in about 4 weeks time we'll find out.
Would be surprised if those clubs needing an A Grader to take the next step don't jump at him - Richmond, North etc.
They need to take the risk or they're destined to just make up the numbers come finals time. Players like Harley are rare talents and worth risking a first rounder that could well end up another Richard Tambling or worse.

This has the potential to be the biggest * up in recent history,
  • we have played our hand by saying he WILL be traded instead of he is up for trade which could be retracted if the offers aren't right
  • this kick up the bum will see him turn into the star we know he is
  • if we take unders it will haunt the club for the rest of his career
Its looking like another Almighty facepalm from the executive team at the moment, the the Withriff flag and membership debacle and the Bluey we love you so much we sacked you fiasco were enough to shake people faith but lose Harley for anything less than a gun or top pick is another walk down ass * street.

I can only hope they are smart enough to bring him back into the fold if the deals are not worthy, history says that this is not likely

I would have thought if he hasn't already got the strength in the body . . . 25 going on 26 years of age, will it ever come?
Lonergan from Geelong was never a strong individual but he adapted by using other athletic traits to his advantage but obviously playing ruck is a different kettle of fish all together as you are exposed a great deal more in that position.

I tend to agree with you but then there is the huge volume of Suns injuries this season which suggests that there is something lacking in the conditioning area.

I saw another Sun supporter suggest Smith is a genuine nice guy off field and doesn't play differently on field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back