List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

A little bit bewildered we are re-signing Seb. Just can't see him being best 22 next season or beyond. Too slow, can't kick, no offense to his game. Sigh.

On face value I agree. The lack of speed and the floaty kicks are a problem.
But there must be something:
  • Cheap (maybe only a 1 year deal).
  • Mature head and good person.
  • Has been injured a lot so likely to improve with a clear run at it.
  • A good depth player rather than best 22 material, but depth is something we have been lacking so maybe that is OK for a 1 year deal.
  • Most of all, the club might be worried about a possible influx of young players to an already young list.

We added 4 important young players last year (2MP, Garlett, Touk + Saad).
Could easily be 4 more top 20 picks this year (picks 3 and 19, plus possible Dicko and Harley picks).
And that assumes we trade away or get mature players for any Zac Smith compo and our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

More and more I am hoping we get future picks or good players as some part of the Dicko, Harley, and Zac Smith deals.

Or that an A grader unexpectedly is looking to move and we package up a bunch of picks and make a big play.

Keays/Hipwood/Schache should go alright and Im really looking forward to Eddies meltdown over us getting Jacob Allison next season :D

Sometimes it seems a difficult and complex world but I have two guiding rules:
1) Anything Eddie is against or makes his bow tie rotate - then I am passionately for and;
2) Anything that Crazy uncle Rupert (especially in his tweets from another world) is for, then I have to be an opponent.

It just makes the world so much simpler and better!

Thought we would have had Hall signed up by now , the closer to trade week the closer to losing him id suggest.
General consensus from those in QLD (Mike Whiting, Greg Davis, etc.) is that he's very likely to stay. So I think it will get done in time.

Dixon had a bad Accident on his BMX when he was a kid and injured his ankle. It was never operated on and should have been. Hence ligaments and tendons in his ankle lost some structural stability. Every time he lands with any awkwardness on his ankle BANG!
Will get worse as he gets older. Have a lot of respect for Hart and he is right about fitness regime BUT it has nothing to do with his dodgy ankle.
But thanks for talking up his value Shaun.

I can't see us giving 2 first round picks, Especially since some think pick 10 is spot on.

If push came to shove I'd throw in one of Andrew Moore, Kane Mitchell or Paul Stewart with Pick 10 at most.

I'm predicting Port's pick 10 this year & next years 2nd rd will be the final deal, with us giving Dixon and possibly a 3rd rd back this year or next year.

Suns will argue we would have received a pick 4 compo pick if Dixon was traded next year as a RFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More twitter speculation today we are offering Adcock a deal for next season. I don't think it would too far fetched to see him in a back or forward pocket from Rd1 next year if he had a good pre-season?

More twitter speculation today we are offering Adcock a deal for next season. I don't think it would too far fetched to see him in a back or forward pocket from Rd1 next year if he had a good pre-season?

Rumoured to be leaving Bennell , Dixon , Smith , Gorringe maybe Hall , incoming rumours Adcock ......... , Little lopsided atm.

Rumoured to be leaving Bennell , Dixon , Smith , Gorringe maybe Hall , incoming rumours Adcock ......... , Little lopsided atm.

I have faith we are going to bring in 2 or 3 best 22 players this trades period. The club always keeps things hush hush, which is good business sense but awful for us fans.

We will have a smorgasbord of Rd1 & 2 picks to use up with Dixon, Harley & co.

Question. If we have say have 2 x Rd 2 picks this season we don't want to use, could we trade them to another club for use this year for their Rd 1 pick next year in return?

Or does the deal have to involve a player?

I reckon there will be a few clubs screaming for some extra picks to get trades across the line this year.

Could set ourselves up in next years draft nicely?

Ok ... but till we start getting cranky with each other... (id rather stay cordial by the way)

What do you see as the price for Zac Smith.
Haha unfortunately it's over before it has even begun because it looks like Patty is on the way

Not a lot, second rounder?

Haha unfortunately it's over before it has even begun because it looks like Patty is on the way

Not a lot, second rounder?

Im surprised that you say that. Its what I just posted that id trade for him... Some may want more and if so Id have to rule it out . So sounds like we could do business on ZS

Where do you see Bennell going?

I have faith we are going to bring in 2 or 3 best 22 players this trades period. The club always keeps things hush hush, which is good business sense but awful for us fans.

We will have a smorgasbord of Rd1 & 2 picks to use up with Dixon, Harley & co.

Question. If we have say have 2 x Rd 2 picks this season we don't want to use, could we trade them to another club for use this year for their Rd 1 pick next year in return?

Or does the deal have to involve a player?

I reckon there will be a few clubs screaming for some extra picks to get trades across the line this year.

Could set ourselves up in next years draft nicely?

Sounds very reasonable approach... I guess the hard part would be gauging next years performance , and just how early those R2 picks would be. Might be difficult sell getting an estimated top 10 pick for 2 R2 picks in the 30's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back