List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Sinclaire was clunking marks everywhere would of almost counted 10
kicked a goal or 2 close to 20odd touches..
Natanui was a massive threat in WC forward 50 stoppages..
I do think maybe Nicholls was told to let there ruckman go into 50 and Day or someone will pick them up.. Because half the time Sinclaire was unopposed standing inside 50

Looked clearly beaten..
Wasnt Nicholls fault though.. 2 on 1

Mal!Don't know what to think
From all accounts a quality individual and no-one will be harsher on him than Nic himself no doubt
We thought we were getting a cool mature player with elite decision making and foot skills bringing the discipline and team culture so highly prized at Sydney
Instead we replaced Tom Murphy with Tom Murphy o_O
I still reckon he'll be an important part of the team next year
I hope anyway!

I thought Nicholls was impressive last night. Not many ruckmen can hold their own against NicNat, and for Tommy to perform the way he did given he's never played so many games in a single season before really proves how great a young player he really is.

As for Matera, he's been playing a different role for the past few weeks - and he's been dominating at it. He was one of our best players last night and I'd be really upset if we traded him on (pending what we'd get in return of course ;) )

Dont know about anyone else but at the ground i barely saw Nicnat , he bobbed up in the 3rd for a snap that was about it , had no influence.
NicNat plays well when the team as a whole plays well. Our pressure was top notch and shut him out of the game.

All hail Tommy Nicholls

The kitchen sink?
haha most opposition supporters who come to our board asking about a certain player, those who are brave enough might offer up a couple fringe players and a second round pick for one of our talented youngsters. get's old pretty quick, so i was kind of expecting you'd be offerring up the same. :p if there was an opportunity where he requested a trade west, i'd say the club would play hard ball on demanding equal value. even with his recent issues, he's still a pick 2 and has proven to be a damaging player especially over the past few seasons.

personally, i think he's staying. the fact he's had that interview with channel 9 and said he wants to stay is more than dixon has ever done to prove his commitment to the club. hope he sticks to his word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha most opposition supporters who come to our board asking about a certain player, those who are brave enough might offer up a couple fringe players and a second round pick for one of our talented youngsters. get's old pretty quick, so i was kind of expecting you'd be offerring up the same. :p if there was an opportunity where he requested a trade west, i'd say the club would play hard ball on demanding equal value. even with his recent issues, he's still a pick 2 and has proven to be a damaging player especially over the past few seasons.

personally, i think he's staying. the fact he's had that interview with channel 9 and said he wants to stay is more than dixon has ever done to prove his commitment to the club. hope he sticks to his word.
Given that selwood is almost certainly leaving, we will have more than likely a first round compo pick, and if we come 3rd-4th, we should get around pick 16+17 allowing room for a couple of other teams getting first round compo picks, and a 2nd rounder around 35, I'd be willing to hand all 3 of those over, as well as one of Sinclair or Lycett, despite how much Sinclair has grown on me this year. A player like Bennell would give our midfield that much more depth, as well as the x factor Bennell brings. I know i'd certainly much rather Bennell than even 2 of Jetta, Yarran or Motlop. Even with the extra baggage that he may bring, I think given what our club has been through, we have the means and the best possible culture to set him straight if he needs it.

Given that selwood is almost certainly leaving, we will have more than likely a first round compo pick, and if we come 3rd-4th, we should get around pick 16+17 allowing room for a couple of other teams getting first round compo picks, and a 2nd rounder around 35, I'd be willing to hand all 3 of those over, as well as one of Sinclair or Lycett, despite how much Sinclair has grown on me this year. A player like Bennell would give our midfield that much more depth, as well as the x factor Bennell brings. I know i'd certainly much rather Bennell than even 2 of Jetta, Yarran or Motlop. Even with the extra baggage that he may bring, I think given what our club has been through, we have the means and the best possible culture to set him straight if he needs it.

I appreciate the effort and I also rate Sinclair and IF Harley told us he wanted out then I would consider this deal. This deal wouldn't compel me to even consider actively look to trade Harley.

I appreciate the effort and I also rate Sinclair and IF Harley told us he wanted out then I would consider this deal. This deal wouldn't compel me to even consider actively look to trade Harley.
I can definitely sympathize with that, no one wants to trade their stars for the sake of it, but if he said he wanted to move back to WA, i think that's how it would go, or close to. If we finished further down the ladder this year and had better picks, i would still definitely offer the same.

400k is low-balling Dicko, but 800k with his ankle is way too high when we have to keep so much other talent
I wouldn't flinch at 550-600k
I think we found out last night we don't really need TMac
Henry Schade is a better version of Trent McKenzie and we'll keep paying and playing Malceski
My crystal ball says TMac and Zac Smith on the auction block
Seems like we (Cats) are 1 of the teams being touted as interested in Zac. Have to say I'd far rather him than Leuey but really dislike the need for yet another injury prone ruck that some see.

Steven Motlop from Geelong.. Tearing opposition sides apart atm.
Similar to Saad but playing from the midfield.. Hits the scoreboard
Is a N.T boy..

Might be keen to come up to the Suns
I'd hand over our end of first round and our third round pick for him

Thoughts?

Sorry Shai :)
I'm laughing, join the queue :hearts:

If you were in the Sunshine State that would b Bundy.. ;) For what it's worth, my take on Mots -

Anyone want to tell me how valuable Mots is to us..?

midsmots.jpg

Is a N.T boy..

Thoughts?

We could easily do a trade with the Cats , only issue would be salary cap which i dare say we could'nt fit him in unless Dicko leaves. But a talent no doubt.

Is a N.T boy..

Thoughts?

Probably a complete BS rumour like usual, but I read that Motlop is good friends with Christensen from the Lions and was devo when Bundy left Geelong. Motlop is also mates with Steven May, so it wouldn't surprise me if we were interested.

I just don't think we have the money for him :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back