List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy Howes stats ain't very appealing.
His mark stats are through the roof though.. But we're not going to pay him 10k for every mark he takes to get up near his 500k he wants.
Ave. 14 touches a game and 0.4 goals

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-melbourne-demons--jeremy-howe
Lets not waste time on Howe . Average player from an average club chasing a buck. I would rather stick with TMac - trust Eade to sort him out (like Matera ,Bennell , Hall etc ). Maybe change of role - has he ever played forward ??

Yeh it's going to be sucky news when they announce it, but all the signs were there so no shock.

Plenty of positives though, the club has stuck to its guns, we will have 2 x early Rd1 picks to bolster our A grade depth and we now have an extra $500k to use on our current guns to secure them long term.

Yeah Dixon can walk if he wants, no issue. We didn't go over budget and we can use that saved dollar to keep some of our other boys.

Redden apparently wanting out, interesting stuff, do you think he is someone we may look at?
No way - if he^s calling it this early he^s back to SA. Has affiliation with Adelaide so guess he^s part replacement for loss of Danger.......

Redden was likely trade bait anyway given he's contracted until the end of next season, after which he is then a free agent. Trading him now while he's got value is the Lions' best option.

As for Dicko, I'm still extremely sad that we are looking like losing a great player who is also a Queenslander. A QLD player requesting a trade AWAY from a QLD club is sad. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Its great to see the club sticking to their guns and not over paying Dixon.

Need the extra cash for our next captain Tom Lynch.

Have a look at this stat View attachment 168664
When you've played double ups on bottom teams of course Crows fare well but their forwards do look dangerous I will agree. Let's see next year against the top teams and I am guessing will be a different result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havent watched any of his games this year to tell you the truth..
But if were going to pay him 500k
Which is probably more then 3/4 of our team then i dont like the idea.
Our money should be spent on the founding Suns or on a gun player like Brad Crouch Rory Sloan etc
Not a mark of the year contender.
He's a forward who's been played out of position the last 2 years. Maybe that's why he wants out?
I like the fact that he has missed only 1 game in 4 years and his 17-20 disposals are 80% efficient. If Charlie leaves, then we should look very carefully at him if the $$$ are ok & play him forward only.

Broughton announcing his retirement. Wonder if he will play this week as a farewell?
Was Broughton one of the guys caught drinking when he shouldn't have been earlier this year? I'm thinking perhaps Rocket is going to sweep out those guys this off season.

Was Broughton one of the guys caught drinking when he shouldn't have been earlier this year? I'm thinking perhaps Rocket is going to sweep out those guys this off season.

I have no proof but I think Broughton was a ringleader for the poor behavior. Hence why he has been playing 2nds all year even when we have so many injuries.

I think Lyon saw it to and that's why he was moved on from Freo

Really interesting the Cats are getting rid of there 31yo's in Kelly , Johnson , Stokes , while we give our 31yo Ablett a new 3 year contract.

Really interesting the Cats are getting rid of there 31yo's in Kelly , Johnson , Stokes , while we give our 31yo Ablett a new 3 year contract.
It's an interesting one. I'm normally against anything more than a 1 year contract for 30+, but Ablett is not normal. I was totally against 3 years for Malceski at the time and only wanted a 1 year deal for Rischitelli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back