2015 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

For actual trade hypotheticals - you know the type of thing, Aish for first rounders, Martin for Carlisle, etc.

Opposition supporters need to remember to not go off the deep end - this is the Lions board, not your own so getting up in arms over particular posts isn't a great idea.

Grizzly86

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
First hypothetical!

Martin > Essendon
Carlisle > Brisbane
Aish > Collingwood
Witts+Pick > Brisbane

Collingwood can keep Witts and Pick, and just send Grundy. Trade period sorted. /Thread.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
First hypothetical!

Martin > Essendon
Carlisle > Brisbane
Aish > Collingwood
Witts+Pick > Brisbane

Aish for Witts straight swap. I'm guessing Pies fans would want more.

Martin to the Bulldogs for their first pick (~12).

Leuenberger's end of first rounder might be required in the Martin trade and get the Bulldogs 2nd back.

We then put pick 12 on the market for a key forward.

Pick 12 to Sydney for Dixon, Reid or McCarthy.

Redeye Rambler

Team Captain
Oct 29, 2008
Toowoomba
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can see some benefit in Lions trading picks this year. If we intend to match academy bids in the 15-30 bracket, we may trade these picks for picks earlier or later in the draft (we care more about draft points than positions in the draft)

for example, IF we get picks 16 & 19 during trade week, we may trade
  • pick 16 & 19 for picks 8 & 40
  • pick 21 for pick 45 & 46
that scenario gives us picks (something like) 2, 8, 39, 40, 45, 46, 56.. 2 early draft picks and enough points to match the academy bids for the players we want.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there any way to ignore/hide a whole thread?

Moss_computer_throw.gif

Is there any way to ignore/hide a whole thread?

Put the person who started it on ignore.

Or just a basic level of willpower. :p

mick1013

Senior List
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Aish to Collingwood for Seedsman and there second rounder so about pick 25 thats fair. Helps us get Keays to replace Aish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Still can't get over the fact that we're dealing with 3 or more people who want to leave this club

What a ******* disaster

I think we have to get used to it. Player movement is increasing as the players get more power and we're not a desirable club to be at. Hopefully when we do get back to a top 8 team we can have the systems in place to prolong our time at the top and make the club a more desirable place to be at.

mick1013

Senior List
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Alright so Brisbane are in a shamble at the moment.
All the rumors im hearing about which players are leaving are driving me crazy.
But below ive said if those players were to leave who id want in return.

Brisbane Trade: Aish
Collingwood Trade: Oxley (Because Brisbane is his Home) & Second Round Pick around #25 (Use for Hipwood/Keays)

20% chance stef will leave.
Brisbane Trade: Stef & Fourth Round around #56
If we lose Leunberger Aswell
Bulldogs: Minson & Second Round Pick #30 (assume Hipwood and Keays taken with our second rounder and the aish trade)
If we dont lose Berger
Bulldogs give:First round about pick #14

Brisbane Lose: Leunberger
Afl Compensation: Talks it could be First Round but i think it will be End of first round so pick #19

Oxley could be in the mix too.. QL boy

We have a fair few kids competing for Oxleys spot though, so unless he could swing forward or run through the middle he may find himself in the twos. Which is crazy for a Brisbane fan to be saying, I know, especially for a Collingwood player who should be our default captain just for being traded to us.

Last edited:

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We have a fair few kids competing for Oxleys spot though, so unless he could swing forward or run through the middle he may find himself in the twos. Which is crazy for a Brisbane fan to be saying, I know, especially for a Collingwood player who should be our default captain just for being traded to us.

Seedsman can't swing forward or play through the midfield and the media is reporting Brisbane are seriously considering him

HowYouDoin

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Real Madrid
I think we have to get used to it. Player movement is increasing as the players get more power and we're not a desirable club to be at. Hopefully when we do get back to a top 8 team we can have the systems in place to prolong our time at the top and make the club a more desirable place to be at.

Yeah, because we will be fighting for top 8 anytime soon. The reality is, we're a long way from ever competing in the top 8. In fact, we will likely never see the day where we're a top 8 team anymore. It's hard to make any progress when players continually leave your club and you can barely win 2 games for an entire season.

This is just another nail in our coffin and the only way out of this is for the AFL to take over this rabble of a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back