2015 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't believe Leuenberger is going to Fremantle until there is a press-release on Fremantle's website. Then you know for sure that it is absolutely, unequivocally beyond doubt.

What would you guys want in a trade for Darcy Gardiner serious question
As a club that has lost a bunch of highly drafted kids after their first two years, it would be perilously close to insanity to be even discussing voluntarily trading a good one out after investing two years.

And the cats appear in 'danger' of running out of godfather offers ;)

So Jack Redden huh, whatever club he nominates I don't think you're getting their first rounder for him as much as you put the 1st rounder or gtfo banner up... Dangerfield, Treloar, hell even Bennell are the only type of players that get an automatic 1st round pick this year. Was a bad year for him to have a injury riddled season as people have just quickly forgotten what a good player he can be and considering the current state of play I feel a 2nd rounder + mediocre player is all clubs are going to offer, so that's the play keep him there or the best he's gonna net you is a 2nd rounder no matter how much huff & puff.

Like with all of these hypotheticals I'm sure I've screwed your club but I still think in the current climate with deadlines to be met & other deals to be made it's not the most unrealistic thing seen in this thread...

Adelaide:

Lose: Pick #13, Kerridge, 2nd Round pick
Gain: (Geel) Pick #9 + future picks, Redden, Menzel, (Carl) 4th Round pick

Brisbane:

Lose: Redden, 3rd Round pick
Gain: Bell, (Adel) 2nd Round pick, Jansen

Carlton:

Lose: Menzel, Bell, 4th Round pick
Gain: (Adel) Pick #13, Kerridge, (Bris) 3rd Round pick

Geelong:

Lose: Pick #9 + future picks, Jansen
Gain: Dangerfield

So Jack Redden huh, whatever club he nominates I don't think you're getting their first rounder for him as much as you put the 1st rounder or gtfo banner up... Dangerfield, Treloar, hell even Bennell are the only type of players that get an automatic 1st round pick this year. Was a bad year for him to have a injury riddled season as people have just quickly forgotten what a good player he can be and considering the current state of play I feel a 2nd rounder + mediocre player is all clubs are going to offer, so that's the play keep him there or the best he's gonna net you is a 2nd rounder no matter how much huff & puff.

Like with all of these hypotheticals I'm sure I've screwed your club but I still think in the current climate with deadlines to be met & other deals to be made it's not the most unrealistic thing seen in this thread...

Adelaide:

Lose: Pick #13, Kerridge, 2nd Round pick
Gain: (Geel) Pick #9 + future picks, Redden, Menzel, (Carl) 4th Round pick

Brisbane:

Lose: Redden, 3rd Round pick
Gain: Bell, (Adel) 2nd Round pick, Jansen

Carlton:

Lose: Menzel, Bell, 4th Round pick
Gain: (Adel) Pick #13, Kerridge, (Bris) 3rd Round pick

Geelong:

Lose: Pick #9 + future picks, Jansen
Gain: Dangerfield

If Carlton and Brisbane are going to be brought into the Geelong/Adelaide deal with Dangerfield, it'll have to be beneficial to those two clubs otherwise there's no reason for them to be involved. You've got Carlton losing Menzel and Bell (both contracted) for Pick 13 and Kerridge, and Brisbane losing Redden (also contracted) for Bell, a ~6 pick upgrade in the late second round and Jansen (who holds minimal value). Both clubs are better off letting Adelaide and Geelong to work it out, and doing their trades separate to that.

Reddo is under contract, why are people so insistent offering us a second round + a spud player?

If we don't get what we want, he stays and we will get a better deal through the FA compensation system.

Redden for a first round at absolute minimum, don't like it? * off to your own boards.

What a crock of s**t. Bennell will definitely not be traded for a 1st rounder when the club he is contracted to doesn't want him.

Best Redden is going to net us is a 2nd rounder? We'll keep him thanks. Either come back with some better posts or stick to your fantasies on the Adelaide board about getting Aish back.

So Jack Redden huh, whatever club he nominates I don't think you're getting their first rounder for him as much as you put the 1st rounder or gtfo banner up...

So we keep him and get a guaranteed end end of first round pick next year as free agency compo.

I cut your ridiculous mega trade proposal. Those things are never more than a cheap laugh.

Reddo is under contract, why are people so insistent offering us a second round + a spud player?

If we don't get what we want, he stays and we will get a better deal through the FA compensation system.

Yep.

The next refrain from opposition supporters is that if Brisbane don't trade him we'll have a disgruntled player on our list next season. Redden is more professional than that. He'll do something similar to Michael Rischitelli and play as well as he can to bump up any future contract offers from either Brisbane or a rival club. It's in his own interests to do so.

2015 Off-Season

INT: Christensen, Mayes, Bell, Paparone, Ellis-Yollmen, Lester, Gardiner, Harwood, Robertson, Dawson, Jansen, Astbury, Whitecross, Close, Bewick, Keayes, Hipwood

Didn't realise getting rid of the "Sub" would have this effect !!!!

:)

Yep.

The next refrain from opposition supporters is that if Brisbane don't trade him we'll have a disgruntled player on our list next season. Redden is more professional than that. He'll do something similar to Michael Rischitelli and play as well as he can to bump up any future contract offers from either Brisbane or a rival club. It's in his own interests to do so.
Absoluetly agree, we have been like a bunch of whooas trying to recruit every dumshit that comes along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2015 Off-Season

Trade Period

Matthew Leuenberger = Pick 22 (FA)
Trade Jack Redden + Pick 39 = Pick 14 + Cameron Ellis-Yollmen (Adelaide)
Trade James Aish + Rohan Bewick + Pick 75 = Pick 19 + Matthew Suckling (Hawthorn)
Trade Pick 57 = Jarred Jansen (Geelong)

Three Way Trade
Richmond:
Chris Yarran (Carlton)

Carlton:
Pick 19 (Hawthorn/Brisbane)
Pick 30 (Richmond)

Brisbane:
Tom Bell (Carlton)
David Astbury (Richmond)

Draft
Pick 2 = Joshua Schache
Pick 14 = Riley Bonner
Pick 21 = Ben Keayes
Pick 22 = Eric Hipwood

PSD
Pick 2 = Brendan Whitecross (Hawthorn)

Rookie Draft
Pick 2 = Sam Grimley (Hawthorn)

IN: Joshua Schache, Eric Hipwood, Ben Keayes, Riley Bonner, Cameron Ellis-Yollmen, Matthew Suckling, Tom Bell, Jarred Jansen, David Astbury, Brendan Whitecross, Sam Grimley (Rookie)

2016 Team:
B:
Beams, Merrett, Clarke
HB: Cutler, Andrews, Suckling
C:
Hanley, Rockliff, Rich
FOL: Martin, Beams, Robinson
HF: Zorko, McStay, Taylor
F: Green, Freeman, Schache
INT/Depth: Christensen, Mayes, Bell, Paparone, Ellis-Yollmen, Lester, Gardiner, Harwood, Robertson, Dawson, Jansen, Astbury, Whitecross, Close, Paine, Keayes, Hipwood

Last edited:
2015 Off-Season

Trade Period

Matthew Leuenberger = Pick 22 (FA)
Trade Jack Redden + Pick 39 = Pick 14 + Cameron Ellis-Yollmen (Adelaide)
Trade James Aish + Jackson Paine + Pick 75 = Pick 19 + Matthew Suckling (Hawthorn)
Trade Pick 57 = Jarred Jansen (Geelong)

Three Way Trade
Richmond:
Chris Yarran (Carlton)

Carlton:
Pick 19 (Hawthorn/Brisbane)
Pick 30 (Richmond)

Brisbane:
Tom Bell (Carlton)
David Astbury (Richmond)

Draft
Pick 2 = Joshua Schache
Pick 14 = Riley Bonner
Pick 21 = Ben Keayes
Pick 22 = Eric Hipwood

PSD
Pick 2 = Brendan Whitecross (Hawthorn)

Rookie Draft
Pick 2 = Sam Grimley (Hawthorn)

IN: Joshua Schache, Eric Hipwood, Ben Keayes, Riley Bonner, Cameron Ellis-Yollmen, Matthew Suckling, Tom Bell, Jarred Jansen, David Astbury, Brendan Whitecross, Sam Grimley (Rookie)

2016 Team:
B:
Beams, Merrett, Clarke
HB: Cutler, Andrews, Suckling
C:
Hanley, Rockliff, Rich
FOL: Martin, Beams, Robinson
HF: Zorko, McStay, Taylor
F: Green, Freeman, Schache
INT/Depth: Christensen, Mayes, Bell, Paparone, Ellis-Yollmen, Lester, Gardiner, Harwood, Robertson, Dawson, Jansen, Astbury, Whitecross, Close, Bewick, Keayes, Hipwood

This might actually work

Looking forward to Collingwood lumping the entirety of league-wide player movement together as the "Adam Treloar megatrade".

87016_108ad89fe7940626db84dfd1df73a778.png

So anyone outside the best 22 on our list is a list clogger, but depth player for other teams... i can't keep up with your logic.
It's not just anyone. Paine is behind Close, Freeman, Andrews, McStay, Gardiner, Clarke, Merrett and Beasley, depending if he plays forward or back. Plus we are going to get Schache, Hipwood and Astbury. He's basically is in no mans land.

Shaun McKernan for example. A list clogger at Adeliade, but became a depth player at Essendon. Same with Cameron Wood.

The logic behind it was Hale, Lake and Gibson are over 30 years of age. If Paine could get his body right and be coached in a elite environment like the Hawks have, he could become a handy depth player. They don't have many young key position players around the early 20'ish age bracket besides Schoenmakers and he might be heading to Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back