2015 Trade Hypotheticals

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Clearly you overate your players, very typical of a bottom four side. A player such as zaharkis who has been good not great in previous seasons still wouldn't be worth an early first round selection. At best a very late first rounder or second rounder. The swap of melksham and zaharkis for 3 players and a pick is a fair trade. All three of those players are pretty much walk up starts to your beloved club and would make you more competitive in the short and long-term

You actually thought I was being serious with that trade?

giphy.gif

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Shoenmakers would be your best foward and I am being serious.

Whitecross would walk into your best 22 without breaking a sweat.

If you think those two are s**t God knows what you think about some of the s**t on your teams list.
No doubt we have a lot of s**t on our list but go start a poll - Schoenmakers vs Daniher. You might be in for a little surprise bud.

coxy149

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No doubt we have a lot of s**t on our list but go start a poll - Schoenmakers vs Daniher. You might be in for a little surprise bud.
I'm not saying shoenmakers is a better forward than daniher but he is a good compliment to daniher, ideal second forward.

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm not saying shoenmakers is a better forward than daniher but he is a good compliment to daniher, ideal second forward.
I was responding to the other bloke who said Schoenmakers would be our best forward... I don't think Schoenmakers is a spud like most other people and he may work well with Daniher but he's not better than Joe. Still, there's 0 chance of your trade situation eventuating.

Shoenmakers would be your best foward and I am being serious.

Whitecross would walk into your best 22 without breaking a sweat.

If you think those two are s**t God knows what you think about some of the s**t on your teams list.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

They are spuds. Complete and utter spuds. There's plenty of dead wood on Essendon's list, including Howlett, Kommer, O'Brien, Hams, Ambrose, but that doesn't make the players mentioned any less s**t.

Damo666

Rookie
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon Gain: St. Kilda 1st Rd Pick
Lose: Carlisle and Melb 2nd Rd Pick

Melb Gain: Melksham
Lose: 2nd Rd Pick

St. Kilda Gain: Carlisle and Melb 2nd Rd Pick
Lose: 1st Rd Pick

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
If the miracle that Melksham for pick 25 happens to Melbourne.

Picks 23 and 25 for pick 6 (GWS)

Win/win for Essendon and GWS, they get more points for Academy bidding and Essendon get an earlier pick.

Sorry eth-dog, with full respect I hope you're just taking the mickey out of some other posters here and I assume you are, but can't be sure.

23 and 25 is only 1571 points, 8 (which GWS have) is 1551.

They can do a lot better with pick 8 than a 20 point upgrade...

They are more likely to get a pick between 20-30 (approx 800 points) and 40-50 (approx 350) from us for their fringe talent (Plowman, Phillips, Lamb), or at least that's what the talk is.

Would do. Except we really lose Melksham, not the pick.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Would do. Except we really lose Melksham, not the pick.

Would not do as we gain Melksham and lose a 2nd round pick.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Would not do as we gain Melksham and lose a 2nd round pick.

I agree that Melbourne should not do but it seems to be the common thought process in the media that Melbourne will be giving up their 2nd for Melksham (God only knows why, I am positive Essendon would jump at a 3rd)

Carl

All Australian
Dec 26, 2000
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
If these players can turn Carlton into an average team it would be a massive success. Calling your team average is offensive to actual average teams.
If you actually read what I wrote, then you would of read that I wrote we are below average and adding just average players will only get us to being average. We need to recruit above average players to make a good team.
Sorry to offend your average team, if you felt that way.

Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If lobbe wanted to look for an opportunity to be number one ruck back in vic ...

Dogs - lobbe , ports 3rd.

Saints - Carlisle , ports 2nd (Could be shipped off for freeman so Essentially 5 and your third round becomes freeman and Carlisle while you hold onto your early 2nd round).
- 5 , saints 3rd.

Dons - 11 , Andrew Moore
- Carlisle , dons 3rd.

Port - 5 , saints 3rd , dons 3rd.
lobbe , ports 2nd , ports 3rd , Moore.
Nope

nickrebellious

Premiership Player
May 22, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill
Sorry eth-dog, with full respect I hope you're just taking the mickey out of some other posters here and I assume you are, but can't be sure.

23 and 25 is only 1571 points, 8 (which GWS have) is 1551.

They can do a lot better with pick 8 than a 20 point upgrade...

They are more likely to get a pick between 20-30 (approx 800 points) and 40-50 (approx 350) from us for their fringe talent (Plowman, Phillips, Lamb), or at least that's what the talk is.
Also, if Selwood or Leuenberger leave via FA and West Coast receive an end of first rounder or Brisbane recieve a second rounder, it would push back the picks and make the points go under 1551.

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Now the season has officially finished I can turn my eyes to making ridiculous trades that only benefit West Coast :D

It's well known that Redden has nominated West Coast as his preferred club, Jansen wants to go to Brisbane and Selwood is a good chance to end up at the Cats. Obviously there's need to be some current or future draft picks involved, probabaly going towards Brisbane who are losing an experienced best 22 player in Redden. My thoughts on a trade would be

BRISBANE - Lose: Jack Redden
Gain: Jarrad Jansen + West Coast's second round pick for Redden

GEELONG - Lose: Jarrad Jansen
Gain: Scott Selwood (FA)

WEST COAST - Lose: Scott Selwood (FA) & second round draft selection
Gain: Jack Redden

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now the season has officially finished I can turn my eyes to making ridiculous trades that only benefit West Coast :D

It's well known that Redden has nominated West Coast as his preferred club, Jansen wants to go to Brisbane and Selwood is a good chance to end up at the Cats. Obviously there's need to be some current or future draft picks involved, probabaly going towards Brisbane who are losing an experienced best 22 player in Redden. My thoughts on a trade would be

BRISBANE - Lose: Jack Redden
Gain: Jarrad Jansen + West Coast's second round pick for Redden

GEELONG - Lose: Jarrad Jansen
Gain: Scott Selwood (FA)

WEST COAST - Lose: Scott Selwood (FA) & second round draft selection
Gain: Jack Redden
Brisbane loses massively.
You can't include FA in your loss/gains.

Apex Predators

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Brisbane loses massively.
You can't include FA in your loss/gains.
We can because Selwood is a restricted free agent. We could match and force Geelong to trade for him, if they want him. I assume we would only match if we were to get end of second round compensation for him.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
C7 just mentioned that Chris Dawes to Essendon is a possibility, im presuming something to do with Melksham

Back