2015 Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane and West Coast deal for Redden. Let me know your thoughts in particular Lions fans

BRISBANE GAIN: 2 x second round picks
WEST COAST GAIN: Jack Redden

BRISBANE LOSE: Jack Redden
WEST COAST LOSE: 2 x second round picks (1 x late 30's pick, 1 x FA compo for Scott Selwood)

No thanks 17 or he stays at the Lions

Might be just my opinion but 2 second round picks in this draft isn't anything to be too upset about. Talent pool drops away come third round apparently.

Would love to get your thoughts on why he is worth a late first round pick? Whats the benefit for Brisbane in keeping a clearly disgruntled player who may end up being forced out of the 22 during the season

Does anybody know if future picks can be on-traded?

eg. Carlton get Geelongs 2016 first round pick. .. can we send that on to another club as part of a seperate trade?
Pretty sure they can.

Might be just my opinion but 2 second round picks in this draft isn't anything to be too upset about. Talent pool drops away come third round apparently.

Would love to get your thoughts on why he is worth a late first round pick? Whats the benefit for Brisbane in keeping a clearly disgruntled player who may end up being forced out of the 22 during the season
The talent pool drops off at about 25 this year apparently so two picks after 30 are not going to be any use to Brisbane. Redden is contracted so if West Coast want him they have to pay for him or we keep him hearing Redden is more than happy to stay if it comes to that and we're more then likely to get a end of first round compo for him next year at the least

Colledge and our third rounder

For

Richmond's third rounder

Good deal for both clubs and player in Colledge. From what I've listened to the Tigers are in the market for a bigger bodied midfielder which Colledge fits the bill of, he has asked to be traded from West Coast in search of greater opportunities as well. Third round compo which I presume would be in the vicinity of 50 - 60 would be adequate

dlanod - What can you tell me about Jed Adcock?

Is his body shot? or could he be a handy 18-22 player in a top 4 side?

Thanks

He showed a bit at points in our forward line but he's not a game changer. I think the reason we took our contract offer off the table was because we feel that we'd be better set playing a younger player in his spot in the future. For a "win now" club he could be a good upgrade if you've got some deficient players in your back pockets - he's solid defensively, can organize a defence, and has a little bit of ability counter-attacking. His body is ok but he's never been a dominant player, and he's definitely slipped from his best.

He showed a bit at points in our forward line but he's not a game changer. I think the reason we took our contract offer off the table was because we feel that we'd be better set playing a younger player in his spot in the future. For a "win now" club he could be a good upgrade if you've got some deficient players in your back pockets - he's solid defensively, can organize a defence, and has a little bit of ability counter-attacking. His body is ok but he's never been a dominant player, and he's definitely slipped from his best.

More looks for a Mzungu, C Pearce, de Boer upgrade. Does he have good\elite skills?

If so freo could play him in the back pocket and play sutcliffe up the field.

More looks for a Mzungu, C Pearce, de Boer upgrade. Does he have good\elite skills?

If so freo could play him in the back pocket and play sutcliffe up the field.
Foot skills are pretty good. You don't flinch when he has the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colledge and our third rounder

For

Richmond's third rounder

I would prefer a swap of 4th round picks, just to get the kid a club IF the deal with jacob townsend gets done from GWS, as that fits our tucky type hole we have for a big body tackling machine in the midfield. If we past on Jacob, i would then be happy to go with a third round.

Ben kennedy to melbourne
Collingwood receive 2nd rd pick

Seedsman to GC

Freeman to stkilda

Treloar to collingwood
GWS receive 1st rd pick, 2x2nd rd pick

Aish to collingwood
Brisbane receive oxley, 2nd rd pick

Ben kennedy to melbourne

Seedsman to GC

Freeman to stkilda

Treloar to collingwood
GWS receive 1st rd pick, 2x2nd rd pick

Aish to collingwood
Brisbane receive oxley, 2nd rd pick

I wonder if this gets typed 1000 times before trade periods ended if it'll actually happen. Because then we can officially say the Lions are good at being bent over.

I wonder if this gets typed 1000 times before trade periods ended if it'll actually happen. Because then we can officially say the Lions are good at being bent over.
Thats more then collingwood get for freeman. (Same draft both top ten)

So what dont you like about it

That a pick 7 player who, if not injured, would've played more games this season is only worth a late 20's pick and a kid who has one good game a year. Looks like a fantastic trade, from YOUR end.

Pies trade Freeman for St Kildas second rounder (24 )
Carlton trade Bell to lions
Lions then trade 3rd rounder (39) to Gold Coast Suns
Gold Coast trade smith to Geelong
Geelong trade Jansen and 3rd rounder (46) to lions
Lions trade Aish to pies
Collingwood trade st kildas second rounder (24), Seedsman, third rounder (42) to lions
Lions trade Seedsman to blues along with geelongs third rounder (46)
Blues trade Geelong third rounder (46) and to Giants for sumner and Phillips

Saint kilda
receive: freeman
Lose: pick 24

Brisbane
Receive: Bell, pick 24, Jansen, pick 42
Lose: Aish, pick 39

Carlton
Receive: Seedsman, Sumner, Phillips
Lose: Bell

Gold Coast
Receive: pick 39