Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Agenfrida

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
Parts unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
But why did he train with the peel group.

History shows Croz trained in main squad Tabs with seconds = Crozier plays

Yeah, fair point. Has the squad flown out? If so did Tabs fly? I find it strange given RTBs comments earlier in the week about he was an automatic selection for round one, but had that achilles problem. He also said they like him in for structural reasons too. Could be a horses for courses selection though.

Lost_Deputy

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Bundeena
AFL Club
Fremantle
RTB's presser yesterday had some interesting points
- just because we won doesn't mean automatic selection. He recognizes he has done the opposite in the past.
- He wants Tabs to play, a lot. If Tabs is fit, he'll play.
- He is gonna make late changes

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
RTB's presser yesterday had some interesting points
- just because we won doesn't mean automatic selection. He recognizes he has done the opposite in the past.
- He wants Tabs to play, a lot. If Tabs is fit, he'll play.
- He is gonna make late changes

Am I allowed to be hopeful of Tabs coming in tomorrow then?

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Am I allowed to be hopeful of Tabs coming in tomorrow then?

Think we all are, very important for our structure and future going forward. Certainly more important than seeing another game by Subes or DeBoer who are great servants to the team but are just fringe players who will be replaced by Blackley, Weller and Langdon.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Think we all are, very important for our structure and future going forward. Certainly more important than seeing another game by Subes or DeBoer who are great servants to the team but are just fringe players who will be replaced by Blackley, Weller and Langdon.

You're speaking my language mate, 100% agree.

Either Tabs or Crozier will be good.
Pretty sure at least one of them will.

I want them both in (and one of Blakely and Weller but that's not gonna happen) but have settled for the one at this stage. Much as I like Crozier I'm hoping it's Tabs so we get an early look at our preferred forward setup. Assuming he doesn't come in for Mayne that is.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
You're speaking my language mate, 100% agree.

I want them both in (and one of Blakely and Weller but that's not gonna happen) but have settled for the one at this stage. Much as I like Crozier I'm hoping it's Tabs so we get an early look at our preferred forward setup. Assuming he doesn't come in for Mayne that is.

Agree. I want either of those two , in the forward line, along with Mayne. If it is Crozier, I want him forward.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone head down today?

I went down about 9.00 to find the Peel boys having ball drills. Included in the group were lachie Weller and Connor Blakely, Jon Griffin, Craig Moller, Brady Grey, Irish, and others I couldn't make out.
Running goal to Goal many times was Tom Sheridan before running laps; He said Hello Fred.
A welcome sight was Zac Dawson running goal to goal runs at mid tempo. I am fairly sure it was Zac also doing some kicks out from goal landing near the centre square. ( down at the clubroom end ) I was at the other end so couldn't be sure.
Alex Silvagni later , about 10.00, was doing solo laps. No strapping.
Just maybe, one of Dawson or Silvagni will be ready for Sydney game.

JamFrank

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I went down about 9.00 to find the Peel boys having ball drills. Included in the group were lachie Weller and Connor Blakely, Jon Griffin, Craig Moller, Brady Grey, Irish, and others I couldn't make out.
Running goal to Goal many times was Tom Sheridan before running laps; He said Hello Fred.
A welcome sight was Zac Dawson running goal to goal runs at mid tempo. I am fairly sure it was Zac also doing some kicks out from goal landing near the centre square. ( down at the clubroom end ) I was at the other end so couldn't be sure.
No Hannath wit the peel group?

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

Great stuff

Do you think they'll throw Silvagni or Dawson in against arguably the best forward line in the comp with no match time?

JamFrank

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think he was. There was a tall brute in the group but I was a fair distance. It was either Jack or Apeness.
Just wondering if maybe one of the two has been held over for the Freo session tomorrow in case the news regarding Clarke is bad...

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great stuff

Do you think they'll throw Silvagni or Dawson in against arguably the best forward line in the comp with no match time?

Sure, why not ? If it's ZacD with his spoiling talent he could account for Tippett. Tippett, I don't think, has been all that flash this year.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just wondering if maybe one of the two has been held over for the Freo session tomorrow in case the news regarding Clarke is bad...

I am going down tomorrow so, if Jack is there doing the main drill it is probably an indication he is being considered for this week.
I really am expecting to see Zac Clarke tomorrow with no injury problem, though.

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks
Sure, why not ? If it's ZacD with his spoiling talent he could account for Tippett. Tippett, I don't think, has been all that flash this year.

Have to disagree on Tippett. Thought both he and Buddy were v good on Saturday - they each laid more tackles than any of the mids!

Back