Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I went down about 9.00 to find the Peel boys having ball drills. Included in the group were lachie Weller and Connor Blakely, Jon Griffin, Craig Moller, Brady Grey, Irish, and others I couldn't make out.
Running goal to Goal many times was Tom Sheridan before running laps; He said Hello Fred.
A welcome sight was Zac Dawson running goal to goal runs at mid tempo. I am fairly sure it was Zac also doing some kicks out from goal landing near the centre square. ( down at the clubroom end ) I was at the other end so couldn't be sure.
Alex Silvagni later , about 10.00, was doing solo laps. No strapping.
Just maybe, one of Dawson or Silvagni will be ready for Sydney game.

Thanks Fred, great to see Sheridan looking good. Do you think he will play this week?

Thanks Fred, great to see Sheridan looking good. Do you think he will play this week?

I think he will play this week before Weller or Blakely.
It just becomes difficult for the club to make many changes to a side that has played a great game with no passengers the previous week.
If Clarke is fine which I am expecting, it will be hard to make any changes other than those forced on us like Ballantyne's suspension.
If Crozier still isn't right yet and Sherro is, I think Tommy will come in. His Port game was impressive.
I didn't actually say Sheridan was looking good today but that he was running laps smoothly. ( No strapping either ). That may not mean he would pass a fitness test, which would be a requirement coming back from injury.

Last edited:

Have to disagree on Tippett. Thought both he and Buddy were v good on Saturday - they each laid more tackles than any of the mids!
The other thing you see is Tippet and Buddy needing two or even three players to tackle them and that leaves someone for the handball out to them. Ibbotson on Buddy, Tippet or the resting ruck is not really an option I would like to consider. If Silva can get up that would be best option - he did at least have some NAB cup practice time.

Great to see Sherro and Silva running - love how you get to do to goal to goal runs then for the change up you do laps instead...

AFL%20Live%203%20Official%20Cover.jpg

Not actually happening, just thought I'd post it because it looks good.

Standard practice now isn't it for a derby week, the one after will be a 'closed' session at Subi I suspect. I bet they are looking forward to getting to their new ground and really being able to have a closed session.

Exactly, because they can only close the Subi sessions to the fans and media. The Eagles have their offices and training facilities at Subi and they watch from the stands. However when they have a closed session there no one gets in.

RTB playing ducks and drakes with this training session.
Hannath and Griffith are training with the wafl guys while Clarke and Johnson running laps.
Muz and Crozier training with the main group.
No sign of Silvagni or Dawson on the track . Both stayed in the gym doing weights.
Hannath looks a million bucks.
The player who is impressing me with how he is training is Ed Langdon. Blakley is seriously pushing for a game as well.

The other thing you see is Tippet and Buddy needing two or even three players to tackle them and that leaves someone for the handball out to them. Ibbotson on Buddy, Tippet or the resting ruck is not really an option I would like to consider. If Silva can get up that would be best option - he did at least have some NAB cup practice time.

Great to see Sherro and Silva running - love how you get to do to goal to goal runs then for the change up you do laps instead...

According to Jason Webber Alex will be joining the main group next week and is expected to be available for the Sydney game.

According to Jason Webber Alex will be joining the main group next week and is expected to be available for the Sydney game.

Which is great but he has no chance of playing for anyone but Peel after a 6 week lay off.

Very important that he is available but I don't think RTB will bring him up for the seniors until he has played 2 WAFL games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice Apeness is an Out for Peel... I don't recall an injury? Can a trainer watcher keep an eye out for him tomorrow please

Is it just me even taking into account him being a big lad is Apeness pretty sluggish when on the move?

Straight lines he is good when I have seen him. Otherwise... less so. But that's only from seeing him a few times.

At training. Johnson, Fyfe with Alex Pearce appear to be going through a fitness test. Fyfe went into change rooms.
Don't put your house on Fyfe getting the Ross Glendinning.
No :eek:

I wanna see the moral brownlow medalist lined up against the bradbury-brownlow medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back