Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Balla had a full session and was literally jumping out of his skin.:D Blakely a full session :thumbsu:.Crowley a full session then ran laps after the session.A Pearce worked in a small rehab group with Sonny and Deluca.Mora also worked in rehab :D.It was told to me that the club can elevate as many as 4 rookies.Dont understand how but that was the story. All the boys who played Sunday had a very light run with the exception of Pav,Luke .Sandi made a very brief appearance and Griff was wandering around with an ice pack on his hammy.Ballard was called into the club during training and returned with a smile and an extra spring in the step so here is hoping he has been up graded.Really great spirit amongst the boys this morning and a really sharp session from all the WAFL boys.Balla was the annoying Balla of old like a terrier on steroids.He looked like he was putting his hand up for this week.

Balla had a full session and was literally jumping out of his skin.:D Blakely a full session :thumbsu:.Crowley a full session then ran laps after the session.A Pearce worked in a small rehab group with Sonny and Deluca.Mora also worked in rehab :D.It was told to me that the club can elevate as many as 4 rookies.Dont understand how but that was the story. All the boys who played Sunday had a very light run with the exception of Pav,Luke .Sandi made a very brief appearance and Griff was wandering around with an ice pack on his hammy.Ballard was called into the club during training and returned with a smile and an extra spring in the step so here is hoping he has been up graded.Really great spirit amongst the boys this morning and a really sharp session from all the WAFL boys.Balla was the annoying Balla of old like a terrier on steroids.He looked like he was putting his hand up for this week.

Just get the feeling the little man is going to be dynamite in the finals this year.

Spoken4

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle & Peel Thunder
Just get the feeling the little man is going to be dynamite in the finals this year.

Me too. He won't take his second chance lightly. Hopefully he has worked on his conversions during the recovery period and can hit the scoreboard.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club

We certainly look more potent in attack with Ballas but only if he is back to full strength especially for his attack on the opposition.

If someone had done well enough to keep him out that would have been great but no one did so welcome back Ballas.

Now check your boots before playing for crying out loud!!

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
The Blakely news is great, really thought his ankle had him done for the year. Cheers salim.

Me too. He won't take his second chance lightly. Hopefully he has worked on his conversions during the recovery period and can hit the scoreboard.

I really hope so man, Ballas is my favourite player and I'd just love to see him redeem himself this finals series.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots

Hope he remembered to collect it after the session. The AFL might let us rest half our squad this week, but I don't think they'll let Balla play without his epidermis. :)

Thanks for the reports Salim. :thumbsu:

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Being able to get a game into Ballantyne would be do the squad wonders. I wouldn't expect much but to blow some cobwebs out (cast your mind back to Johnnos first game back in the derby) but he would get much needed match fitness and be raring to go first week of finals against a Nick Smith-less Sydney Swans.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Hope he remembered to collect it after the session. The AFL might let us rest half our squad this week, but I don't think they'll let Balla play without his epidermis. :)

Surely there'd be issues with the Blood Rule.

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thanks Salim. Super stoked at the idea of Ballard getting a game, ditto Brady and Blakely.

I'd love to have Ballaz back in the side too - but it also gets me wondering just who in the hell would then be free to play for Peel?

At the risk of being called an idiot, the idea briefly occurred to me for Ballaz to have one game in the WAFL before coming back - just to help get his eye in goal-kicking wise - but then sanity prevailed.... though seeing Ballaz playing on Ballantyne wing again might be something special.

Mighty Guybrush

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, LA Lakers
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-09-01/is-ballas-back

This part in the article made me laugh:

Fremantle senior coach Ross Lyon said the dynamic forward was keen to play against Port Adelaide on Saturday.
“He’d want to play this week,” he said.
“He will train today, he’s flying.
“He was ringing me and texting me, so I think he’s pretty keen.”

I can just picture him pestering Ross the Boss..."Can I play?" "I'm good to go?' "how about a game Ross?" :D

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-09-01/is-ballas-back

This part in the article made me laugh:

Fremantle senior coach Ross Lyon said the dynamic forward was keen to play against Port Adelaide on Saturday.
“He’d want to play this week,” he said.
“He will train today, he’s flying.
“He was ringing me and texting me, so I think he’s pretty keen.”

I can just picture him pestering Ross the Boss..."Can I play?" "I'm good to go?' "how about a game Ross?" :D
oF8HJpg.gif

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Yeah watched the press conf and got pretty excited but then realised I took the 'he's flying' part way too literally.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ballas did too. Probably went out & booked his own flight after hearing Ross say that.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Griff is out you'd expect they'd like to sneak a game into Moller if they can get away with elevating more than one rookie. Peel could set a record for the worst ever ruckman in a senior WAFL final (Sorry J Dowding if you're reading. Yes, I know you're only 19).

Back