Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

With the kind of injury Apeness has does anyone know what his focus will be in terms of development? For sure rehab will be the #1 thing, getting the knee right and ready to go for 2016. But will he move to upper boday development? Study game plans, leading aptterns? Bulk up? Slim down?

While it has not seen Mora get back on the field it has been really impressive to see how well his fitness base has been maintained. He has never looked anything other than a absolute beast.

A.Pearce handballs to D Pearce who kicks a lace out pass to Clancee Pearce who kicks a goal from 35 meters out on a slight angle .
This is the call I'm expecting from the game so RTB make it happen and my dream will become a reality .

A.Pearce handballs to D Pearce who kicks a lace out pass to Clancee Pearce who kicks a goal from 35 meters out on a slight angle .
This is the call I'm expecting from the game so RTB make it happen and my dream will become a reality .

And B Pearce in the crowd returns the ball back to the ump after the goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By bulk I meant strength, my bad.
I'd say he would still need to work on his strength. He's going to be very important over the next few seasons. Hopefully produces the goods
He might not even need to improve his strength, I think he needs to learn how to use his body. He has to learn to protect his space and move his opponent off the fall of the ball. For all Hurley's shortcomings he's actually much better than Apeness at 1 on 1 contests.

He might not even need to improve his strength, I think he needs to learn how to use his body. He has to learn to protect his space and move his opponent off the fall of the ball. For all Hurley's shortcomings he's actually much better than Apeness at 1 on 1 contests.

Hard to do when you're recovering from a PCL, hence the work on his strength - my original point. Not too many 19 year old key forwards don't need to work on strength.

My eldest son had massive growth spurts. Sometimes you could see him tripping over his feet simply because his brain didn't know how big he was today. That is a very difficult thing for young KPPs to come to terms with. General body awareness and how to use it. Actually it was the most exciting thing about watching the new Pearce debut. Little bits of bodywork edging out his opponent. Nice stuff.

Yeah I agree. He tends to win the 1:1 strength contests easily enough already - when the ball is coming straight on top of their heads ad it's nothing more than a wrestle. It's the other aspects of being a KPF that need a lot of work.

Yeah I agree. He tends to win the 1:1 strength contests easily enough already - when the ball is coming straight on top of their heads ad it's nothing more than a wrestle. It's the other aspects of being a KPF that need a lot of work.

Well put - time is all that's required. Look at how Tabs forward marking and goal kicking has improved over time... ...Hell - look at how CLARK'S marking and goal-kicking has improved for that matter. He was useless as a forward two years ago, but now that he's added drift-in-from-the-side contested marking to his arsenal (which requires levels of lateral movement and judgement he previously lacked), he's starting to present a far more consistent forward threat.

Apeness will do just fine -I just hope it's not the same knee that was injured before.

I don't see the benefit of him playing this week. Surely another week would decrease the chances of the injury re-occuring and him not having to travel would be a bonus.

We are two games clear, A Pearce handled himself very well last week and we need McPharlin for the finals.

Ross does not tempt fate. We still need key players to keep their match fitness and that would only be compromised by a three week break, which is what missing two games entails.
Ross has also said Luke is fine and missing last week was because Luke had a slight doubt.
Missing consecutive games unnecessarily is fraught with danger. We have a bye coming up also. Play five, break, play five, break sounds good to me.

Last edited:
I don't see the benefit of him playing this week. Surely another week would decrease the chances of the injury re-occuring and him not having to travel would be a bonus.
Why wouldn't we play him if he's 100% fit after a week off and there is 4 points up for grabs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back