Golf 2015 US Open @ Chambers Bay

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt you think he holes it, however I think the general public is too quick to label elite sportsmen as chokers.

He did really well to fight back.

I'm not labelling him as a choker. I'm just saying he choked in that instance on that putt. Shows he's human more than anything. If it were to happen again and again then maybe you could classify him as a choker. I don't consider DJ as a choker though.

Is that right? If there had of been a playoff it would have been played tomorrow over 18 holes? I don't think anyone wants that.

Didn't think DJ would make the eagle but thought for certain we'd see a play off. Wow.

Good to see Scott and Smith do well. How good was Smith's approach on the 18th. Crazy.

Loved watching the pros go round that course. From birdie on one hole to double bogey on the next. Makes for great viewing.

i cannt agree more. they complained like bitches which was fun too

i cannt agree more. they complained like bitches which was fun too

Seeing leaderboards where the guys at the top are only at 3 to 6 under makes it a lot more entertaining than seeing guys at 18-20 under.

Stenson whining about the greens shoots +5

Bubba Watson whining about pace of play +7 - can't stand Bubba.

Seeing leaderboards where the guys at the top are only at 3 to 6 under makes it a lot more entertaining than seeing guys at 18-20 under.

Stenson whining about the greens shoots +5

Bubba Watson whining about pace of play +7 - can't stand Bubba.

I agree I like it better when -5 wind rather then -20 but that course was rat s**t

I agree I like it better when -5 wind rather then -20 but that course was rat s**t

I think people will be divided on the course. I Thought the course was visually beautiful and was a nice change (setup wise) to most of the courses you see on tour in the US.

What didn't you like about it?

I didn't like the look of it and didn't like that the gallery was so far away.

I like watching them play on aesthetically pleasing courses.

No doubt the drama late was some of the best golf I've seen in a while

i think linksy stlye courses are underrated because of its seemingly boring and visually not good position.

I love watching links style golf. Usually provides you with a truer representation of more traditional golf gameplay. The course looked stunning.

What a finish,big effort from day and smiths week was sensational,spieth a popular winner and dustins 3 putt would of made a lot of fellow players smile,by far the most hated player out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i felt greens looked shithouse.

I don't know much about the condition of them by seeing them through tv but I actually liked the look of them :$ in a weird way. I think the whole course was a refreshing change from a lot of what I see when watching the various tours.

The only thing I don't like is when players can be advantaged or disadvantaged based on their tee time. I think at the open they were saying if you played early day 1 you would play late day 2 or something along those lines...but even so.

I remember last year at the British Open Adam Scott had two or three of the worst tee times relative to the conditions which basically cruelled his chances of winning. Stats wise I remember he played better than anyone in the field who had to tee of at the times he did.

Geez, one of the best major finishes in a long while despite the aboslute s***house coverage.

All really really mess of at least one hole at thend there, grace with that horrible drive up 16, Spieth at 17 and Johnson at 18, pretty much called Johnson missing it at 18. It might be cruel but that was a choke.

Smith surely has to be getting some attention now despite not being shown at all today, that shot at 18 was out of this world. Was still in it if Louis hadn't of made that birdie putt. Scott with a fantastic round as well, really hopefully should give him confidence for the rest of the season.

Feel sorry for Day, he was unlucky with some of the putts he hit in the middle of the round and then the double cost him.

I was surprised they didn't show Smith tapping in for eagle after the excellent approach.

Remember seeing him play in Malaysia last year. I think he finished 5th or thereabouts and the commentators mentioned up until then he had ~$60k career earnings. His paycheck for that tournament was $300-500k. Looks a promising type.

Oosthuizen shoots 29 on the back 9 and nearly pinches it.

Everyone seems to forget he was +7 on day 1.

Dustin Johnson seriously. You could two putt with a flaccid penis from there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back