Analysis 2015 WCE CD Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Convocation

Premium Gold
Jun 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Apologies all, however I have been contacted by champion data and requested to remove the information typed out previously and hence will adhere to their request.

After speaking to one of the Mods, I have typed out this years club review from the AFL Prospectus by Champion Data. Under guidance, I have not posted the entire document and left out individual player reviews (bar an example of two to see what you get), however should we not be asked to take down the below, I will post all player reviews. I apologise in advance for spelling and grammatical errors, but when you have the typing capability mistakes are bound to be made.

FLAT-TRACK BULLIES
Google “flat-track bullies” and the first definition that appears is: “A sports person who dominates inferior opposition, but cannot beat top-level opponents.” This pretty much summed up the Eagles of 2014.

Last edited:

Those stats certainly make Cavka look like a bargain at pick 66.

This. Sounds like a star in the making with a bit more time and development.

I wonder if we still would have chosen Cavka is Clem Smith was still available?

Love Cavka's attitude. His profile reminds me a lot of Daniel Chick.

Nice work ! Paints a pretty accurate picture of our season .
Can you please put up nelsons bio from CD

Jackson Nelson
Nelson is a tough half-back who has also played midfield in the TAC Cup. He averaged 20 disposals, five marks, four inside 50s and six tackles in his 12 games with the geelong falcons last season, ranking third for his side in disposals and hardball-gets per game, equal third for tackles per match and fourth for clearances. He played all six games for Vic Country at the 2014 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 12 disposals and four tackles per game. He attended the 2014 NAB AFL Draft combine but didn’t rank in the top 50% of any area.

"Mark Play on (Excl. F50) - 33.4 - 15th"

This is very concerning, and only serves to reinforce that we are a slow bunch of plodders.

I think it also highlights that we have designated kickers or deliverers of the ball. Sounds good in theory to get it into the best users hands, but you can take it to far. We take a mark stop and prop and look around for someone to handball off to (hurn / gaff / shuey). When they aren't available we freeze and waste valuable time allowing opposition to take up space.

Just about better decision making and hopefully improves knowing the game plan better this season

Apologies all, however I have been contacted by champion data and requested to remove the information typed out previously and hence will adhere to their request.

You should tell them your excerpt got them a sale!
Seemed like a really informative piece and I look forward to reading more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn it. I was looking forward to reading this when I got home.

Jackson Nelson
Nelson is a tough half-back who has also played midfield in the TAC Cup. He averaged 20 disposals, five marks, four inside 50s and six tackles in his 12 games with the geelong falcons last season, ranking third for his side in disposals and hardball-gets per game, equal third for tackles per match and fourth for clearances. He played all six games for Vic Country at the 2014 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 12 disposals and four tackles per game. He attended the 2014 NAB AFL Draft combine but didn’t rank in the top 50% of any area.

No hairdo ranking stats? CD, I am disappoint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back