2015: Week 1 Trades

I was too, but while I think he'll put in decent scores, he won't go huge for a while. I think his price will drop a fair way and I'm happy to trade him out now and then back in later at a reduced price tag.

Selwood is one who I'm going to hold onto for now, before Round 3 we should know more about whether his ankle was just sore, or if it was something more (though with our team's current injury run, I'm not that hopeful :S).

1-4-3. I feel better now :)

CaptScott

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dockers
as usual been going back and forth, now I'm going

KK > Hunt
Side > Barlow

With Raines out, thinking that KK's tag role might be more permanent so sideways trading to a more promising mid-pricer.

Speaking of mid pricers, wish Lin Jong was a bit cheaper, he'd could be a great sneaky pick.

Went Barlow over Treloar for now. Treloar more likey to get a tag, even in the new GWS mid field.

CaptScott

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dockers
Kolo player as a tagger and did quite well in terms of playing (not scoring), I'm worried that he'll keep playing that role which will really affect his scoring.

As I mentioned above, GC traded in Raines over the summer possibly as a tagger. With his pcl injury could be that KK is going to be taking the tagging role now. Could be wrong of course.

Mar 10, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
have ended up going ablett to lewis and scott selwood to heeney, leaves 270,000 in the bank to fix up my backline next week, super risky move though not too confident haha thoughts anyone?

bombermick

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2009
Vermont South
AFL Club
Essendon
Traded out Bartel for Walker. No point having premiums sitting on the bench with 2 trades every week, plus Walker should do well against a weak Pies defense.

skins62

Team Captain
Mar 17, 2011
Karratha
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts SANFL
Traded out Bartel for Walker. No point having premiums sitting on the bench with 2 trades every week, plus Walker should do well against a weak Pies defense.
I did exactly the same and also traded KK to McIntosch which left me with 354K to play with next week.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I dont think KK will be a permanent tagger. I think Lumuba was just chopping up in that first quarter so the wingman on that side was asked to tag or play much closer attention. KK doesnt seem to be a tagging type in my opinion. Must admit i wouldve liked to have seen maybe a Matt Shaw do a job instead of KK and because KK did such a good job he could well be asked to do it again.

Im backing in my guys to respond from last week. Guys like Newnes, KK, Ward, Wells, Swallow, Z.Smith were very good over nab cup so one game isnt going to throw me too much unless a change of role.

The one i feel like i missed was T.Hunt. Nice midfield role and cheap for a defender only needs an 80 average to be really considered close to a keeper or very late trade.

Due to injury unfortunately couldn't get him in.

Edit: Oh and probably Rich, although i decided to go Wells with the extra money i had thinking he could avg 15 more than Rich off half back.

Shouldve gone Hunt + Rich instead of C.Pearce + Wells.

lion4life

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool; Washington Wizards
Ended up going the following trades

Kolo > Hunt
Griffen > Rich

Kolo's tagging role scared me too much in the end so he got the flick over Lumumba in a borderline decision. Griffen went out in favour of Rich to free up some cash for next week.

Rockliff > Rich
Sidebottom > Treloar

No Selwood and Cripps means I have no midfield emergencies and Sheed, Newton, Vandenberg and Ellis-Yolmen are all on the field. Also have no forward line emergencies with Bartel and Lamb out. I'll be happy to escape without a 0.

lion4life

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool; Washington Wizards
Rockliff > Rich
Sidebottom > Treloar

No Selwood and Cripps means I have no midfield emergencies and Sheed, Newton, Vandenberg and Ellis-Yolmen are all on the field. Also have no forward line emergencies with Bartel and Lamb out. I'll be happy to escape without a 0.

Kinda in the same boat with no midfield emergency. Didn't have access to internet at work so wasn't able to see Cripps as a late withdrawal. Thankfully, he wasn't on my ground to begin with, but I'm copping a donut if I have a late withdrawal in the midfield.

Captain Tex

Draftee
Jan 24, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
D.Thomas>I.Heeney
T.Varcoe>J.McGovern

Couple Hundred to play with next week but bit worried could have been too cheeky with cheap picks that could wear the vest, like C.Ellis Yolmen, Heeney, both on field got a good feeling that Grigg will be the sub over Ellis Yolmen. We will see!....wouldn't of thought Goodes would be the sub but look what happened there....Is on my field too! Mcgovern had 71 last night happy with the trade from Varcoe...will take that.

Back