2015 - What to expect

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
This thread can be about all things 2015.

As I'm sure that every Carlton supporter just wants to put 2014 behind them and think about next year.

Players, coaching, positions, our chance and everything that could/will happen next year.

I'll start by saying that I think that everything that could have gone wrong this year has and that the feeling around the group is that next year we will do well.
Love to hear everyone's thoughts on next year because i just want to start talking about it!

this type of thread, we will always do well next year, we have an awesome list and we will without doubt be gunning for 17/23.
sarcasim intended :D

You don't think that next year will be good for us?

I've said it since almost the start of the year that will finish 6th next year, don't know why, just have a feeling.

Also, Juddy playing on is a massive indicator in my eyes as to where this group is going.

You don't think that next year will be good for us?

I've said it since almost the start of the year that will finish 6th next year, don't know why, just have a feeling.

Also, Juddy playing on is a massive indicator in my eyes as to where this group is going.
Im just saying and i understand all supporters get unrealistic, but we wont be winning flags next year for starters. i hope we do better next year but if it means we need more mids ill happily let carlton finish 14th or so again so we can get more quality, or have a better chance at getting a quality player/s

Im just saying and i understand all supporters get unrealistic, but we wont be winning flags next year for starters. i hope we do better next year but if it means we need more mids ill happily let carlton finish 14th or so again so we can get more quality, or have a better chance at getting a quality player/s

No s**t were not gonna win a flag.

The addition of hopefully Tom Mitchell, Shaun Higgins and a Angus Brayshaw type as well as hopefully snagging a key forward from GWS would be massive in the squad

2 words:
  1. Kreuzer
  2. Cripps
Get those 2 on the park and our midfield adds a gear.

Injury free seasons from Buckley and Judd plus the emergence of Graham and Sheehan will make us top 8 contenders.

I say 'top 8 contenders' because there are 4 teams vying for 8th spot on the ladder with a round to play plus Gold Coast.

2 words:
  1. Kreuzer
  2. Cripps
Get those 2 on the park and our midfield adds a gear.

Injury free seasons from Buckley and Judd plus the emergence of Graham and Sheehan will make us top 8 contenders.

I say 'top 8 contenders' because there are 4 teams vying for 8th spot on the ladder with a round to play plus Gold Coast.

Kreuzer's best footy is well and truly ahead of him. Most ruck men take ages to develop and even show signs of domination after serious injuries when old. Look at Aaron Sandilands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre-Season only.

I'm looking forward to:

1. The development of Sheehan and Byrne.
2. Seeing Cripps leading his pack in 200mt repeat sprints.
3. Giles without a moon boot.
4. All the new kids we'll have.
5. 45+ players out on the park at the same time.............just for a change.

Pre-Season only.

I'm looking forward to:

1. The development of Sheehan and Byrne.
2. Seeing Cripps leading his pack in 200mt repeat sprints.
3. Giles without a moon boot.
4. All the new kids we'll have.
5. 45+ players out on the park at the same time.............just for a change.

Kreuzer getting a good run at it in the pre-season without hopefully any foot issues?

Games lost by 2 Goals or less.

Round 2 V Richmond 12 Points
Round 11 V Brisbane 7 Points
Round 12 V Geelong 5 Points
Round 14 V GWS 8 Points
Round 19 V Fremantle 5 Points
Round 21 V Geelong 6 Points

If we won those 6 games and beat Melbourne this year we would be sitting Equal with Port Adelaide right now.

Having a a look at some stats from this season you really get an idea of what our biggest problem is, our disposal count. We rank 18th in the league for total disposals but we rank 6th for kicks. For me this shows we lack good outside run and are under using the handball. At the same time we are the best at keeping our opposition to low disposals as well if i recall correctly (footywire won't load for me).

Tackles is another place where we rank low , 17th to be exact. considering we don't have the ball because of our low disposal we should be applying as much pressure / tackles as possible.

We rank well in Centre clearances (3rd) but at stoppages we fall right away down to 12th.

We rank well in Marks coming in at 3rd behind Geelong and Essendon , we are equal 10th with Sydney for contested marks and 1 contested mark behind Hawthorn. Our marks inside 50 aren't all that bad considering we do not have the power forward we all want so badly! we rank 8th ahead of Westcoast, Adelaide and North who all have decent talls. but those teams are having 3-8 more inside 50s per game then us.

Our inside 50's are bad, ranked 14th BUT we still average a mark every 5 inside 50s which is about on par with Adelaide, Westcoast and North and not far off Sydney

Re bounding 50s are pretty bad ranked 12th so when it goes in they score most the time.

If we can get that outside run back into our game it will fix so many other problems we are having like inside 50s, rebound 50s, handballs and stoppage clearances because we will actually have some one on the end of our inside work.

If we can get that outside run back and combine it with what should be a soft fixture next year we could very well be back around that 5th-8th mark like a few years ago.

Games lost by 2 Goals or less.

Round 2 V Richmond 12 Points
Round 11 V Brisbane 7 Points
Round 12 V Geelong 5 Points
Round 14 V GWS 8 Points
Round 19 V Fremantle 5 Points
Round 21 V Geelong 6 Points

If we won those 6 games and beat Melbourne this year we would be sitting Equal with Port Adelaide right now.

Having a a look at some stats from this season you really get an idea of what our biggest problem is, our disposal count. We rank 18th in the league for total disposals but we rank 6th for kicks. For me this shows we lack good outside run and are under using the handball. At the same time we are the best at keeping our opposition to low disposals as well if i recall correctly (footywire won't load for me).

Tackles is another place where we rank low , 17th to be exact. considering we don't have the ball because of our low disposal we should be applying as much pressure / tackles as possible.

We rank well in Centre clearances (3rd) but at stoppages we fall right away down to 12th.

We rank well in Marks coming in at 3rd behind Geelong and Essendon , we are equal 10th with Sydney for contested marks and 1 contested mark behind Hawthorn. Our marks inside 50 aren't all that bad considering we do not have the power forward we all want so badly! we rank 8th ahead of Westcoast, Adelaide and North who all have decent talls. but those teams are having 3-8 more inside 50s per game then us.

Our inside 50's are bad, ranked 14th BUT we still average a mark every 5 inside 50s which is about on par with Adelaide, Westcoast and North and not far off Sydney

Re bounding 50s are pretty bad ranked 12th so when it goes in they score most the time.

If we can get that outside run back into our game it will fix so many other problems we are having like inside 50s, rebound 50s, handballs and stoppage clearances because we will actually have some one on the end of our inside work.

If we can get that outside run back and combine it with what should be a soft fixture next year we could very well be back around that 5th-8th mark like a few years ago.

I think that the main thing is getting our best 22 on the field. Not for one game this year did we have a full strength team. The disposals and other stats will come with having a strong and better team.

What players do we all expect to have breakout seasons?

Who do we get rid of and who do we get?

Who will we look for in the draft?

Let's not turn this into another trade/draft thread.

There are several other threads to discuss the trade period and the draft!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back