2015 Wimbledon

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing Bombers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Surprised there isn't a thread already for the most prestigious slam of the year given it's coming up in under a week and qualifying has already begun. Wildcards have gone to Hewitt, Ebden,Edmund, Kudla, Broady, Mahut, Klein and Ward for the mens and Broady, Konta,Kontaveit, Ostapenko and Robson for the womens with the wildcards not filled to be taken by the next direct entry.

So no female wildcard being used by Aus, as was the case with the FO. Does this mean next AO we have 2 extra wildcards to use for ourselves?

Wimbledon don't trade wildcards. They are awarded "on merit", well the non British ones. The WC exchange is between the Aus, French and US Tennis associations.
Is this just for the women?
So far Saville, Millman and Kubler have all won their 1st round qualifying matchups.
And Mitchell, and Smith is up 4-2 in the third

So far Saville, Millman and Kubler have all won their 1st round qualifying matchups.
Awesome for Kubler. Man I hope he gets through. I'm not expecting much, but after all he's been through, he deserves to at least experience a grand slam again.

Anyone know what is happening in regards to TV coverage?
I can see Ch7 are showing the opening day on the main channel but after that it must be on 7two or 7mate I guess?
Hopefully Fox Sports have full coverage in conjunction with Ch7's coverage

I think fox sports coverage is going to be pretty comprehensive this year.

Yep they are going to have multiple matches and stat screens I think.

If its anything like their F1 coverage this year then its going to be awesome.

As long as I dont have to listen to Fitzy and Bruce Ill be happy.

Yep they are going to have multiple matches and stat screens I think.

If its anything like their F1 coverage this year then its going to be awesome.

As long as I dont have to listen to Fitzy and Bruce Ill be happy.

Awesome, so they will probably utilise the red button option to view more matches?

It's actually looking good, they wil have a red button with 3 extra courts and looks like they are sending people over there. We'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saville, Millman & Smith have all got matches to qualify for Wimby tonight. If one gets through it would be amazing
Kubler won another set against Nedovyesov, shame he couldn't win but promising signs for the future perhaps. Going to be tough for them to qualify with it being best of 5 in the final round but I think at least one should make it through maybe Saville.

Tennis will be on 7mate and Todd Woodbridge usually does the commentating as does John Newcombe, who I can't stand. There will be no Fitzy or Bruce. 7mate have exclusive rights to the finals as always.

I use to go into a internet tennis competition called Suicide Pool but I haven't done it for a while. You pick one female and male winner each day and you are not allow to pick the same player twice, which means you have to take notice of the draw from the beginning.

Tennis will be on 7mate and Todd Woodbridge usually does the commentating as does John Newcombe, who I can't stand. There will be no Fitzy or Bruce. 7mate have exclusive rights to the finals as always.

I use to go into a internet tennis competition called Suicide Pool but I haven't done it for a while. You pick one female and male winner each day and you are not allow to pick the same player twice, which means you have to take notice of the draw from the beginning.
Good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back