2015 WOMENS WORLD CUP THREAD-June 6 to July 5 *AUST V JAP Q/F 6am SUN*

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Thought with Australia having a bit of a chance in this it's worthy of a sticky thread.

170px-2015_FIFA_Women%27s_World_Cup_logo.svg.png

MATILDAS GAMES

v USA JUNE 9 @ 9.30am EST
v NIGERIA JUNE 13 @ 7am EST
v SWEDEN JUNE 17 @ 10am EST

If you have Setanta or whatever the hell it's called the Copa America is on in Chile soon too.

I'm on to the Copa America, hoping for a Jamaican miracle. (I wonder why...)

What? No mention of the other teams for the Women's World Cup? 24 of them battling it out for ultimate glory in Canada.

Interestingly, just like the men, we've got the group of death here. The US ranked 2nd, the Swedish ranked 5th, and us ranked 10th. Nigeria's 33rd, (cue them doing a Costa Rica). The US are the obvious favourites. They are the giants of Women's Football. They have a lot of quality, but it is a tough group. The third placed team should be able to progress from this group. (Yep, 16 teams go through to the finals out of 24.)

The Aussies have some very experienced players, and also some very young players too. We're ranked 2nd behind Japan in Asia (Women's football is pretty high in Asia). Not many midfielders though, but that shouldn't be a problem. I think the run into the WC has been very good, hopefully they can carry that form into the finals.

The expectation would be to make it to the 2nd round at the very least. It's a tough group, but I'm sure the girls can do it!

Also, with FIFA 16 containing Women, we'll see even more awareness for the women's game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeVANNA! Go you magnificent bulldyke! The goal was coming, just needed some composure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back