2015 wooden spoon

who is more likely to win the 2015 wooden spoon?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs wont get it.

They lost Griffen (not his best form last year), Cooney (finished), Jones (reserves player), Higgins (injured all the time).
McCartney was always questioned as coach anyway.

The situation isn't as bad as it seems imo.

The thing is that we are probably the only team in the comp who aren't really that fussed about winning games yet. It's all about the long game for us and development (hence not giving Gwilt another contract, despite him coming 8th in our B&F this year and possibly having 3-4 more good years in him, and only targeting those under about 23yo during trade period), whereas every other team in the comp is wanting to move up the ladder and are really keen to win games. We have budgeted for at least 12 months now to finish very low in both 2014 and 2015.

GWS will be super-keen to win games and start pushing up the ladder now (hence paying a big price for 28yo Griffen and a hefty price for 30yo Patfull), especially since if they continue to suck the list wanting to leave them when their contracts expire next year will be as long as your arm.

The Doggies are two or so years ahead of us in the rebuild cycle and are well and truly looking to win games and push up the ladder.

Roos is all about winning and turning Melbourne's losing culture around, hence getting in La Moomba and Garlett and for any of the other teams to finish lower than us they would need to have a disastrous season.

The thing is that we are probably the only team in the comp who aren't really that fussed about winning games yet. It's all about the long game for us and development (hence not giving Gwilt another contract, despite him coming 8th in our B&F this year and possibly having 3-4 more good years in him, and only targeting those under about 23yo during trade period), whereas every other team in the comp is wanting to move up the ladder and are really keen to win games. We have budgeted for at least 12 months now to finish very low in both 2014 and 2015.

GWS will be super-keen to win games and start pushing up the ladder now (hence paying a big price for 28yo Griffen and a hefty price for 30yo Patfull), especially since if they continue to suck the list wanting to leave them when their contracts expire next year will be as long as your arm.

The Doggies are two or so years ahead of us in the rebuild cycle and are well and truly looking to win games and push up the ladder.

Roos is all about winning and turning Melbourne's losing culture around, hence getting in La Moomba and Garlett and for any of the other teams to finish lower than us they would need to have a disastrous season.
I agree with everything you have said, however I believe that even I could've come 8th in the St. Kilda best and fairest last season, so I don't think it was an amazing achievement by gwilt. Still, I see your point. He should do alright at essendon and provide insurance should any bans be handed out.

In order of most likely:

Essendon
St Kilda
Melbourne
Bulldogs
Carlton

I can't see any other team "winning it"
I'd agree with this. Essendon have the same question marks as the last couple of seasons and could finish almost anywhere on the ladder. The next three are probably around the bottom of the cycle or about to head up but not yet. While Carlton do appear to be trending down at the moment

Carlton have to be the smokey. From a list management perspective they are very much in the pre-bottoming out phase (similar to St Kilda a year or two after they won the GF). The pre-bottoming out phase is easily the worst position to be in especially when its on the back of not making the finals very much at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have to be the smokey. From a list management perspective they are very much in the pre-bottoming out phase (similar to St Kilda a year or two after they won the GF). The pre-bottoming out phase is easily the worst position to be in especially when its on the back of not making the finals very much at all
You would say that's where we are though. I'd say the same about Collingwood. But I, as you have done, would be ignoring the facts.

Magpies , from premiers , to runners up , to finals also rans , to middle of the road ...... Even joffa could work out this trend !!

Bulldogs wont get it.

They lost Griffen (not his best form last year), Cooney (finished), Jones (reserves player), Higgins (injured all the time).
McCartney was always questioned as coach anyway.

The situation isn't as bad as it seems imo.
Thank you. somebody it seems with a brain

St Kilda or Melbourne. Both rubbish football sides.

It's not trolling anymore though Echols, it's a highly probable outcome.
The post I deleted most definitely was trolling.

Back