International Club Rugby 2015 World Cup Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Mint Condition

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Well it's just under 3 years away but for some reason they draw the pools now. We're in by far the toughest pool with England, Wales and most likely Fiji. New Zealand get the easy draw like usual and should cruise to the semi finals.

Pool A
Australia
England
Wales
Oceania 1
Playoff Winner

Pool B
South Africa
Samoa
Scotland
Asia 1
Americas 2

Pool C
New Zealand
Argentina
Tonga
Europe 1
Africa 1

Pool D
France
Ireland
Italy
Americas 1
Europe 2

I look forward to watching the minnow nations play each other once again.

Can't wait for us to destroy England in their home country.

(I expect this thread to be bumped and someone to reply to this post in 2015 either acknowledging my good call or laughing at a backfired call).

Well it's just under 3 years away but for some reason they draw the pools now. We're in by far the toughest pool ... New Zealand get the easy draw like usual and should cruise to the semi finals.

To be fair, I could say the same. As could Welsh fans (although to some extent the Welsh only have themselves to blame).

Why they do the draw now, God only knows.

Yeah you can moto, it's certainly the pool of death. Especially considering Wales won the Grand Slam in the 6 nations this year and came 3rd in the world cup in 2011 with a young team that should be peaking in 3 years. But 3 close losses in Australia this year plus a bad November and they find themselves 9th in the rankings at the one time when the rankings actually matter.

It is hardest for Australia though, given we'll have to play both England and Wales in their home stadiums. I suppose we did just beat them both in the last few weeks but it's not exactly ideal.

I think some Welsh fans almost enjoy the agonising; as you say, they haven't gone from a good side to a poor one overnight. But winning is a habit, and so is losing. By the time the RWC comes round, Wales could easily be flying again. As forEngland, I like the look of them under their new coach; he's prepared to pick young talent and be positive. It's nice to see an England side looking to score tries through their backs, which hasn't always been the case in recent years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back