2015 WTA Premier/International Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Saunders v Giorgi in final set. 5-5.

If Saunders holds here, she is a good chance to win the match, as it been a breaktathlon. Giorigi has done double figures DF's. such a hit and miss player. Even worse than Jarmila in that regards., thats saying something.

6-5 to Giorgi.

Yes another disappointing performance by Genie! You're totally right about the fact that she crumbles often against big hitters and this latest match against Barthel is no exception.

Her new coach Sam Sumyk (former coach of Victoria Azarenka) will need to address these problems with her. Apparently had Genie won the whole tournament in Antwerp she would have moved up to number 5 in the rankings.

Up next for Genie is the 2015 Dubai Tennis Championships as she enters the tournament with a wildcard entry which was announced about an hour or so ago.

For anyone else that is interested I'm very tempted to start a Genie Bouchard thread as she's a pretty popular player around here. Anyone else in favour of it or is it fine as it is?

Last edited:
Bouchard's serve is a dogs breakfast, I'm sorry but she should sacrifice a few wins especially in these mickie mouse tournaments to really work on her serve. Needs a lot more variety. It just is so 'hittable' and it makes holding serve a nightmare. There is not variation.

Aija just won her QF, through to the SF.

Yes another disappointing performance by Genie! You're totally right about the fact that she crumbles often against big hitters and this latest match against Barthel is no exception.

Her new coach Sam Sumyk (former coach of Victoria Azarenka) will need to address these problems with her. Apparently had Genie won the whole tournament in Antwerp she would have moved up to number 5 in the rankings.

Up next for Genie is the 2015 Dubai Tennis Championships as she enters the tournament with a wildcard entry which was announced about an hour or so ago.

For anyone else that is interested I'm very tempted to start a Genie Bouchard thread as she's a pretty popular player around here. Anyone else in favour of it or is it fine as it is?
I don't you will get any complaints for a Genie thread.

Bouchard's serve is a dogs breakfast, I'm sorry but she should sacrifice a few wins especially in these mickie mouse tournaments to really work on her serve. Needs a lot more variety. It just is so 'hittable' and it makes holding serve a nightmare. There is not variation.

Aija just won her QF, through to the SF.
Awesome Aussie Alja!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final going to be shown on Foxtel?

Nope, even if it was Sammy they wouldn't show it.

Speaking of Sam, she starts her campaign (first round loss) in Dubai against Lucic at 7pm. I believe Casey is playing too against a Lucky loser siniakova

Sam had a nice win judging by the scoreline. With the drop in ranking comes the more diffucult draws. She faces woz next.

Casey looks like she should win comfortably as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back