Remove this Banner Ad

doublestar

Rookie
Nov 19, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not much happening on here so thought we would start fresh! What's the news in the CMFL besides the fact no one knows when they are playing round one!! Cant the league just make a decision and stick to it...Leaving it to the clubs to sort out....come on!!

Wouldn't mind hearing some ladder predictions to get an idea as how the league is gonna shape this year?
Or atleast who has the best chance of beating Kerang in a grand final?
Haven't followed praccy matches or anything to be able to tell u my predictions

The league will be dominated by Kerang again, with Swan Hill to be its closest rival then T/M
This. By the sounds of things there's only going to be three strong sides this year with Kerang once again far and away the best.
Toolytand hasn't improved there side by the looks of things so they won't be a threat. Swan Hill maybe if all there big guns are up and about and if Kerang has abit of bad run with injuries could be an outside chance for an upset but I can't persoanally see it.

We've goto at least pretend that the league is interesting. It's no surprise that teams are losing players to surrounding leagues.
The CMFL has become very predictable and boring. If a player wants to test themselves at a higher level why would they come to this league when a majority of the teams are poor anyway they are much better off heading to Bendigo.

We've goto at least pretend that the league is interesting. It's no surprise that teams are losing players to surrounding leagues.
The CMFL has become very predictable and boring. If a player wants to test themselves at a higher level why would they come to this league when a majority of the teams are poor anyway they are much better off heading to Bendigo.
you are spot on, they would rather go to the Heathcote league, will be interesting to see home much the HDFL beat the CMFNL by, 5 years ago it would have been the other way, HDFL have flown past the CMFNL.

you are spot on, they would rather go to the Heathcote league, will be interesting to see home much the HDFL beat the CMFNL by, 5 years ago it would have been the other way, HDFL have flown past the CMFNL.
A lot of clubs must be cash strapped hopefully the state wide points system evens up the comp as it looks dead and buried with most clubs not going to get close to kerang. The Mallee league and heathcote leagues seem to be able to attract high quality recruits compared to the central murray

Knights of columbus, good to see Cohuna have a win straight up after their max exodus. Thought boga would handle them ok with a few clearances from the Bendigo league.

If the CMFL had all their stars playing personally I couldn't see Heathcote beating them. Right though about Heathcote becoming a stronger league.

If the CMFL had all their stars playing personally I couldn't see Heathcote beating them. Right though about Heathcote becoming a stronger league.

Not sure about this. The top shelf of the heathcote league are as good as are getting around country footy. Grant Weeks, Simon Seddon, Ryan Semmel etc would absolutely dominate CMFL footy. Having said that Troy Coates, Xavier Moloney would do likewise in the heathcote league. Having played in both leagues I will be watching closely to see what sides both put out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about this. The top shelf of the heathcote league are as good as are getting around country footy. Grant Weeks, Simon Seddon, Ryan Semmel etc would absolutely dominate CMFL footy. Having said that Troy Coates, Xavier Moloney would do likewise in the heathcote league. Having played in both leagues I will be watching closely to see what sides both put out

See some unlikely names been thrown in the interleague squad for CMFL. There has been a trend over the past few years of guys playing that are clearly not up to it, hence the lack of success. Unlikely names: Storer from Tyntynder, Barrett from Balranald. Although strong players at club level not sure they are up to interleague standard

See some unlikely names been thrown in the interleague squad for CMFL. There has been a trend over the past few years of guys playing that are clearly not up to it, hence the lack of success. Unlikely names: Storer from Tyntynder, Barrett from Balranald. Although strong players at club level not sure they are up to interleague standard
I think the leagues just decided because the best players aren't playing they will just try to get most clubs represented knowing that it not going to be a great team they put out anyway.

Where can I see the squad?

when Koondrook/Barham and Wakool merge next year, does anyone from that way know if they will be in the CMFL or GRFL?

Watched the Swan Hill v Balranald game and Maloney is an gun. Swan Hill of course were expected to win and did so pretty easily in the end, only inaccurate kicking for goal prevented a bigger margin. Big Hugh marked pretty much everything that came his way. Balranald had a very young side and although they tried hard, couldn't match the bigger Swans.

Watched the Swan Hill v Balranald game and Maloney is an gun. Swan Hill of course were expected to win and did so pretty easily in the end, only inaccurate kicking for goal prevented a bigger margin. Big Hugh marked pretty much everything that came his way. Balranald had a very young side and although they tried hard, couldn't match the bigger Swans.
Would balranald, boga, kangas, Nyah and tyntynder beat ultima, nully, quamby, murrabit, wandella, wakool or macorna?

I think they would sir. GRFL yes they have good teams but I think teams in the Central Murray bat deeper. Just my thoughts of course Trentus!
GRFL is the worst standard in country vic bar none so they would be flat out to beat CMFL reserves teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back