Remove this Banner Ad

it's happening, confirmation email this week.
What a ridiculous decision, two dwindling populations to play in a major league, that is sure to last trying to compete with bigger towns.....what is there thought process behind this, they are claiming it is too far to travel to hay from there why not recommend hay go to the piccola league to cut their travel and both clubs retain their identity in the golden rivers league

What a ridiculous decision, two dwindling populations to play in a major league, that is sure to last trying to compete with bigger towns.....what is there thought process behind this, they are claiming it is too far to travel to hay from there why not recommend hay go to the piccola league to cut their travel and both clubs retain their identity in the golden rivers league
its 300km from Hay to Woomelang

Koondrook have started well and had 2 8-point wins against Tooleybuc and Mallee Eagles. Dont see them sustaining their dominance but will be interesting when coming up against Kerang, Swan Hill and Woorinen. Picked up some handy players that play the right way by the sounds of it. But Ron did hear what they were spending this year, knights of colombus it is a lot of dosh.
Is it in the vicinity of your pay packet at Global News Network? :D
In all seriousness if Swan Hill cannot lay a glove on Kerang then give the flag to the Blues now. Raiders though realise that to be successful on field, getting the right recruits for value is paramount. Young Rabbit I see is going nicely and will be interesting to see indeed Ron how they fare against the benchmarks.

Maybe KB getting ahead of themselves with how good they believe they are?

Kerang to win it easy, no-one will get near them

Cohuna to not win another game all year

See Nyah had 3 Cambell boys playing for them. I believe that is Matt 'flash' Cambell from North Melbourne. Can someone please confirm? And does anyone know how many games they will be playing with the Demons?

Was there a bit of controversy at the end? I heard that the scoreboard had shown a drawn match at the end only to be changed by the umpires after conferring?

Was there a bit of controversy at the end? I heard that the scoreboard had shown a drawn match at the end only to be changed by the umpires after conferring?
scoreboard had a draw, umpires had united up by 2. word out of Barham there were a few words exchanged after the game between the coach and playing group, can anyone confirm?

How is the interleaved team shaping up? I am looking forward to heading up to the QEO to watch the 3 leagues that I have competed in all playing on the one day
Should be the best side they have fielded in a few years..Quite a few kerang players including davis, coates, gillingham, cotchett which is good to see.

There was a Bit of controversy as the scoreboard had it as a draw and the 2 goal umpires had different scores one had Nyah in front the other had raiders but for some reason they took the one with Nyah in front . To make matters worse raiders 3/4 time score was 9.7 and then they kicked 4.2 in the last quarter but some how there was a balls up by the goal umpires and raiders don't get the 2 points for a draw . This could all be solved if the league taped senior games yes I know it's an expensive idea but I'm sure the league could put it in the club levy , maybe at a cost of 200 dollars per senior game payed by the home club ,price is only a guess . Would be a great tool for coaches , tribunal, umpiring fraternity and for the above goal umpiring stuff up .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a Bit of controversy as the scoreboard had it as a draw and the 2 goal umpires had different scores one had Nyah in front the other had raiders but for some reason they took the one with Nyah in front . To make matters worse raiders 3/4 time score was 9.7 and then they kicked 4.2 in the last quarter but some how there was a balls up by the goal umpires and raiders don't get the 2 points for a draw . This could all be solved if the league taped senior games yes I know it's an expensive idea but I'm sure the league could put it in the club levy , maybe at a cost of 200 dollars per senior game payed by the home club ,price is only a guess . Would be a great tool for coaches , tribunal, umpiring fraternity and for the above goal umpiring stuff up .

Filming all games is something many others major leagues eg: O&M, Bendigo, do so wouldn't be hard for the league to find out about

I know you are only guessing at the price to record games but the $10K plus the clubs already pay in fees to the league are over the top, maybe the league should do this anyway, with the standard of umpiring so low anything they could do to help themselves would be in their best interests. You can't always keep hitting the clubs up to pay for everything.

It would be great to watch Lyons, Thoolen and Davis go against their three big guns. All those three blokes can hurt them the other way, would be a great contest

Really wish I could get there. As always there's probably 7 or 8 missing who should be playing but that's always going to happen. It's great to see Barhams recruits put there hand up and play.
Whose the 7-8??
I would have Livo obviously if he was available; maybe cub in place for mihocek. Thoolen out, siciliano in if he was available. Other than that looks pretty spot on?

If all fit I would have those boys you said and Fitzy, Beasy and Andrivon in there for sure.
You actually right it's hard to think of too many this year. The depth talent just doesn't seem to be where it was a few years back. It's hard to believe Nyah can "beat" one of the supposedly top teams just by getting a few blokes in one week. Just shows how far the league has dropped off. Minus Kerang of course

B: Josh Bray, Troy Davis, Leighton Dullard
Hb: Nyaburu Kelly, Tyson Mihocek, Tom Lamb
C: Corey Kelly, Mitch Bosward, Marty Kelly
Hf: Luke Cotchett, Travis Mathieson, Jay Reynolds
F: Toby Thoolen, Daniel Mowat, Troy Coates
Foll: Ryan O’Sullivan, Xavier Moloney, Ryan Gillingham
Interchange: Tim Ruffles, Lucas Matthews, Frankie Robinson, Aaron Cadd

As listed in the Advertiser.

B: Josh Bray, Troy Davis, Leighton Dullard
Hb: Nyaburu Kelly, Tyson Mihocek, Tom Lamb
C: Corey Kelly, Mitch Bosward, Marty Kelly
Hf: Luke Cotchett, Travis Mathieson, Jay Reynolds
F: Toby Thoolen, Daniel Mowat, Troy Coates
Foll: Ryan O’Sullivan, Xavier Moloney, Ryan Gillingham
Interchange: Tim Ruffles, Lucas Matthews, Frankie Robinson, Aaron Cadd

As listed in the Advertiser.
No seddon, herdiman, Barnes, vale, douglas or kelm for the heathcote boys, I'd imagine the cmfl boys should take the choccies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back