News 2016 Adelaide Crows clash jumper (A & D chosen in vote! Yellow and white options)

Which option do you prefer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good outcome all things considered.

Obviously it seems the yellow jumper is superfluous in terms of practicality – that main white one will clash with precisely nothing, so the yellow will be a once-a-year money spinner. But hey, that as a fund raising tool is much better than some ugly, pointless novelty design/sugar daddy/one of their lame SANFL 'heritage' designs.

Also, am I reading it wrong or was the yellow third strip actually get the most hated votes and those hated votes outweighed the loved its?!

So the AFL have opened the door for coloured clash kits.
I wonder what made them change their stance when only last year Brisbane were knocked back.

Ideally this is what I would like with the yellow kit. I know it's almost similar to the bulldogs, but hey its a good design.

AFC%20Clash%202016.png

So the AFL have opened the door for coloured clash kits.
I wonder what made them change their stance when only last year Brisbane were knocked back.
Port-Richmond-Finals-Gate, that's what.

When they decided that Richmond's clash jumper was suddenly not going to work against Port, they HAD to allow/make Richmond to change their clash jumper. Knowing the WCE TP was on the way out, they could allow a yellow jumper so long as they didn't schedule Richmond away to the Eagles.
I would be very surprised if BL's next clash kit isn't gold.

On that final last year... I can't remember whyour clash was suddenly an issue to Port when it hadn't been previously? Always felt like that got blown out of proportion.

*that said, I'm glad it lead to the current clash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On that final last year... I can't remember whyour clash was suddenly an issue to Port when it hadn't been previously? Always felt like that got blown out of proportion.

*that said, I'm glad it lead to the current clash
The AFL finally realised what we'd all known for ages - Richmond still had a predominantly black jumper. So they decided to do something about it.
It was a dick move by the AFL - "this has been fine since we approved it, it's been worn in 3 (or whatever) games before and now we're saying it's not OK. Port you'll have to wear your clash jumpers in a home final". It wasn't so bad that they made a change immediately after one of the previous games, so it should have been left until the end of the season and then a change made. Home teams should always get first-choice of guernsey, and the AFL were told that in no uncertain terms after WCE-Richmond-Jumper-Gate, but they went at it again. Yes it's only a jumper but we all know what clubs are (rightly IMO) like with their jumpers.

I'm assuming these will be available before Christmas? Would love a yellow one in my stocking :)

The red band is the same size as the navy band.

I know they would wear it with white shorts for 99.9% of match ups but personally (although not practical) think it looks better with navy shorts
I would switch the two bands coz even with the gold stroke the numbers will blend into the navy band too much. But I like, and could be worn with the navy shorts as an away to Sydney with no probs :)

The AFL finally realised what we'd all known for ages - Richmond still had a predominantly black jumper. So they decided to do something about it.
It was a dick move by the AFL - "this has been fine since we approved it, it's been worn in 3 (or whatever) games before and now we're saying it's not OK. Port you'll have to wear your clash jumpers in a home final". It wasn't so bad that they made a change immediately after one of the previous games, so it should have been left until the end of the season and then a change made. Home teams should always get first-choice of guernsey, and the AFL were told that in no uncertain terms after WCE-Richmond-Jumper-Gate, but they went at it again. Yes it's only a jumper but we all know what clubs are (rightly IMO) like with their jumpers.

And in typical AFL fashion they still managed to utensil it up by putting both teams in their "light" guernseys

And in typical AFL fashion they still managed to utensil it up by putting both teams in their "light" guernseys
Yeah, good thing Richmond's "light" guernsey was just a "slightly lighter than our dark" guernsey :)

Back