Competitions 2016 AFC Draft Game - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Just starting this thread for a general discussion re this years game.

-Thought it would be good if we could start maybe a few days after the real draft;
-14-16 players per division;

Any other issues please discuss :)

I'm keen to give it another go after playing for the first time.

any rule change suggestions?
Yes... I reckon simplify the rules (remove all my previous suggestions...)

No preseason draft.

No mid-season draft.

Preseason winner determined by a vote after the draft. Post-season winner determined by a vote after the season.

All other metrics (Champion Data points, AA nominations, B&F results, games played, goals scored etc) to be purely for interest purposes with people able to post them if they want to during the season.

Yes... I reckon simplify the rules (remove all my previous suggestions...)

No preseason draft.

No mid-season draft.

Preseason winner determined by a vote after the draft. Post-season winner determined by a vote after the season.

All other metrics (Champion Data points, AA nominations, B&F results, games played, goals scored etc) to be purely for interest purposes with people able to post them if they want to during the season.

I'm happy for a preseason winner by vote and a post season by the other metrics. Bigfella always had fun working them out.

Not sure about the other drafts. Was hard to find the headspace for it.

Maybe just one the week before the season starts, for any preseason injuries? We make the last two draft choices, plus any replacements?

During the season? Happy to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post 7,999:

In, I have a new theme this year too.

One draft only. Lot of extra organizing that didn't add anything. Same with winners - vote first, metrics afterwards.

I'm off for two weeks in Hawai'i Wednesday so don't start before December 3rd.

I'm also happy to start around the first week of December.

Agree with all these. No extra drafts (maybe we add an extra pick or two to compensate). Competitor & Public vote pre-season; metrics after.

It's like a real season - preseason predictions on season expectations, but then we get a real ladder based on actual games :)

Also: IN and happy to help run this thing.

psd and rookie draft is on the frid 27th so how bout we start on tuesday the 1st Dec?

1st of the month is impossible for me.

The final list lodgement to the AFL is 2pm on December 1. And there then Friday December 4, 2pm - International players inclusion on rookie list form lodgement. Someone might want to select one of those guys :p

Best to start on a Monday I think - gives people a chance to research/make lists over the weekend.

Monday 7 December?

Yeah... December 7 sounds good to me.

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office. Why? 'Cause you're ****in' fired!

Out - unless you need the numbers.
Ill be in canada 2nd dec onwarda for two months. Id slow the draft down too much.
IF you need the numbers, I'll play and will need to give someone 4 or 5 picks in advance each night I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back