2016 AFL Fantasy Ruckmen

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they do

but.. Martin avg 112 the year before aswell so he has a few extra runs on the board IMO he feels safer.

The problem i have is, he comes up against NicNat in round 1 nd Goldstein round 2. Good luck with him scoring 114 avg then he will probably be under 100 and may drop some coin.

Thing with Lobbe is he will require a trade so your not picking him as a keeper otherwise you lose potentially 20 points a week unless goldy or martin drop back to 95 avgs again. He also wont make that much money for you either.

Hes one im looking at but he doesnt tick either box really but he could be considered a quality stepping stone whos traded out late.

Currently going the hyper charged Goldy/Stef combo.

Could be swayed by Leuy/Lobbe at a pinch though

I am going Luey in the forwards. And a ruck combo of:

Martin, Blicavs, Naismith (fwd), rookie.

This will allow me to switch luey into the ruck for Naismith if Martin or Blicavs go down without needing a trade. Also for the byes can switch Blicavs to the mids.

Could go Goldy but Martin is to consistent and I think Blicavs will score better then last year. Goldy has the highest ceiling though.

I am interested to see Campbell (dogs), Lobbe (Port) and Sinclair (Swans) in the pre-season.

Currently going the hyper charged Goldy/Stef combo.

Could be swayed by Leuy/Lobbe at a pinch though
You could realistically get close to 250 most weeks from Goldy & Martin but you'll be spending about 1.25m which is a huge chunk of your salary on rucks.

I think I'll start off a Mummy/Lobbe duo both had down seasons last year for different reasons but as a result both a priced quite nicely. Ryder receiving a ban will really help Lobbe and Dixon should play forward so I don't see why he can't average 90+, with GWS improving I would expect him to average 95 if he can stay fit. Neither will go on an make me a tone of money but are low risks types. Had Leuy screw me over to many times.

Goldstein is a lock, no other ruck has the abilty to produce as many 150+ games as he will this year.

Expecting monster hundreds against Essendon, Carlton, Richmond, Sydney, Gold Coast and St.Kilda.

He is so far above any other ruck its ridiculous

You could realistically get close to 250 most weeks from Goldy & Martin but you'll be spending about 1.25m which is a huge chunk of your salary on rucks.

I think I'll start off a Mummy/Lobbe duo both had down seasons last year for different reasons but as a result both a priced quite nicely. Ryder receiving a ban will really help Lobbe and Dixon should play forward so I don't see why he can't average 90+, with GWS improving I would expect him to average 95 if he can stay fit. Neither will go on an make me a tone of money but are low risks types. Had Leuy screw me over to many times.
If you think both Martin and Goldy can get you say 125 each then id be picking then if i was you.

I personally dont see that is the case. Time will tell though.

Dran cox before this year had averaged the most ever as a ruck from memory it was 107/108

I was surprised at 112-114 avgs let alone 125s

Goldstein is a lock, no other ruck has the abilty to produce as many 150+ games as he will this year.

Expecting monster hundreds against Essendon, Carlton, Richmond, Sydney, Gold Coast and St.Kilda.

Martin out did him last year

Goldy has the problem of going through bad patches just as much as good patches ao he can become cheaper

I think goldys safer than Martin but Martin has more upside

Who are the best options at R3 and R4? I've currently got Currie and West, but I'm also considering Frost. I have Goldstein and Martin at R1 and 2, so if Martin goes down I think/hope West is next in line. Is this right? Does Currie sit 2nd in Gold Coast's rucks?

Last edited:
Who are the best options at R3 and R4? I've currently got Currie and West, but I'm also considering Frost. I have Goldstein and Martin at R1 and 2, so if Martin goes down I think/hope West is next in line. Is this right? Does Currie sit 2nd in Gold Coast's rucks?

I think Brooksby will be ahead of Currie at GCS. West is second ruck, now that Leuenberger has gone, however Brisbane could just use Merrett and Josh Walker to help Martin.

I have Holmes & West in R3 & R4. I also have Gorridge in F6 at the moment.

Sam Frost will be a great R3 choice, will play - will only average 60 at most but he should still make 100k minimum, That is great for a R3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Martin out doing him. +5 in the average even.

Lobbe and Luey for me with Currie and Frost on the bench (Gorringe or West on my FWD bench)

Thinking Goldy has Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Freo in his first 4 and IMHO I don't think he'll score to his average over those 4 games so will go down a bit in price.

Lobbe on the other hand has St. Kilda and Essendon in his first 3 and due to being subbed twice last year and having to share with Ryder, is at least 15 points under priced.

If all goes to plan, trade Lobbe to Goldy before rd 5 for half their current $200k price difference and before Goldy plays GC!!

Lobbe and Luey for me with Currie and Frost on the bench (Gorringe or West on my FWD bench)

Thinking Goldy has Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Freo in his first 4 and IMHO I don't think he'll score to his average over those 4 games so will go down a bit in price.

Lobbe on the other hand has St. Kilda and Essendon in his first 3 and due to being subbed twice last year and having to share with Ryder, is at least 15 points under priced.

If all goes to plan, trade Lobbe to Goldy before rd 5 for half their current $200k price difference and before Goldy plays GC!!

interesting thinking...

Goldy last season
Adelaide 85
Brisbane 153, 103
Melb 155
Freo 73, 111
cant see him dropping too much if he rolls these numbers again
Luey is a big box of chocolates...
I'm gonna go the Goldy Martin combo and play value in the mids, defs and fwds.

interesting thinking...

Goldy last season
Adelaide 85
Brisbane 153, 103
Melb 155
Freo 73, 111
cant see him dropping too much if he rolls these numbers again
Luey is a big box of chocolates...
I'm gonna go the Goldy Martin combo and play value in the mids, defs and fwds.

Yeah that averages out OK but both the first Brisbane game and the Melbourne game were before Stef and Gawn were up and going.
I'll stick my neck out and say he'll average about 100 over those first 4

Is that you Warnie?

Sam Frost will be a great R3 choice, will play - will only average 60 at most but he should still make 100k minimum, That is great for a R3.

I dont know if Frost is a lock in best 22. Ill check how much he is but his JS is poor. Whats changed since last year couldnt get a gig

Frampton directly behind Lobbe
Currie directly behind Nicholls
R.obrien directly behind Jacobs
Frost probably in if any big tall gets injured for them
Spencer for hawks comes into play he comes in if ceglar or mcevoy get inj youd think

Grimely should be a top up for dons will sit behind Leuy but look out for Jamar to be a top up aswell

Ive seen Nankervis in teams or Naismith. Hard to know what happens with Sinclair, Tippett, Nankervis, Naismith and Derickx though

Is that you Warnie?

Well, I didn't mention Lobbe, but I did mention close to every ruckman Warnie has in his team! No way I'm going to use up a FWD spot on a ruckman, though. * that. Only if West and Frost are named Rd1 and all the other viable forward rookies get injured.

Martin and Goldstein, lock and load. Never have to touch bar injury - touch wood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back