2016 AFL Fixture predictions (respite after 2015?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we have ANZAC day locked up or do people think Crows will try and nab it.

The crows can get stuffed. I they think they're going to try and steal that from us they have another thing coming.
It's our day, and should forever be our day.

Before this year, between 2000-2014 we have played the following teams, so there might be a bit of re-balancing and catch up. Its probably why we got Sydney and Bulldogs twice this year. This years double up teams in bold

31 Adelaide
25 Hawthorn
24 Brisbane, Fremantle, North Melbourne
23 Carlton, Geelong, Melbourne, West Coast
21 Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond, St Kilda
19 Sydney, Western Bulldogs
5 GC
4 GWS
So we need to play Suns 20 games next year and Bulldogs 2, year after GWS x20 Swans 2... Yes please

So 2014's Preliminary Finalists should get a similar difficulty draw yeah?...nah.

North Melbournes Draw
Finalist Double Ups = 2
Non-Finalist = 3

1. Adelaide
  2. Brisbane
  3. Port Adelaide
  4. Geelong
  5. Hawthorn
  6. Richmond
  7. Essendon
  8. Fremantle
  9. Collingwood
  10. West Coast Eagles
  11. Sydney
  12. GWS
  13. Bye
  14. GC
  15. Geelong x2
  16. Brisbane x2
  17. Essendon x2
  18. Carlton
  19. Melbourne
  20. St Kilda
  21. Fremantle x2
  22. Western Bulldogs
  23. Richmond x2
So 2014's Preliminary Finalists should get a similar difficulty draw yeah?

Port Adelaide's Draw
Finalist Double Ups = 5
Non-Finalist = 0

1. Hawthorn
  2. Sydney
  3. North Melbourne
  4. Hawthorn
  5. Adelaide
  6. West Coast
  7. Brisbane
  8. Richmond
  9. Melbourne
  10. Western Bulldogs
  11. Geelong
  12. Carlton
  13. bye
  14. Sydney x2
  15. Collingwood
  16. Adelaide x2
  17. Essendon
  18. St Kilda
  19. Western Bulldogs x2
  20. GWS
  21. Hawthorn x2
  22. Gold Coast
  23. Fremantle x2

The crows can get stuffed. I they think they're going to try and steal that from us they have another thing coming.
It's our day, and should forever be our day.
Weren't the RSL approached about the Anzac fixture & then in consultation with the clubs Adelaide said "we're good" whilst we embraced it?
Seems like it's our now.

We are guaranteed to play a Perth team in R23, so, of our double ups, one of them is likely to be Fremantle or West Coast. If we follow the trend of previous years, we'll most likely end up with Fremantle twice.

Adelaide is, of course, a lock.

The remaining 3 would all be nothing more than a guess. Hawthorn, Carlton and Sydney would be my guess.

I'd say we are a very very slim chance to play Fremantle twice. If we did it would be three years in a row.

i'd have that down as a monty, that's our routine now, they don't' want the Vic teams traveling there.

So you'd think Freeo, Adelaide, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Hawks Anzac day

Port home in round 1. Probably means a round 1 showdown. :rolleyes:
Edit: other big chance for round 1 is Sydney. They are the only opposition side I'm not confident of beating at home in round 1.

Honestly expecting our start to be:
Round 1 - Sydney home
Round 2 - Bulldogs (Etihad)
Round 3 - home Showdown
Round 4 - GWS away

Post season cynicism replacing in season cynicism. :(

Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood is currently the lowest head to head match up in the league (exc GWS & GC) with only 23 games played between the two sides in 18 years.

It is a monty that we will play them twice next year.

Here's my prediction:

Hawthorn and Fremantle twice from the top 6 bracket.
Adelaide and either Collingwood or Geelong twice from the middle 6 bracket.
Gold Coast twice from the bottom 6 bracket.

North Melbourne away (again).

For purposes of the draw the position is after finals. Adelaide were 7th before finals but 6th after as the lower placed SF loser. In 2013 our position before finals was 7th but after finals it was 5th. The next year we had a draw that included double-ups against 3 teams that were in the top 6 after finals; Fremantle, Sydney and Carlton. As Adelaide were 6th after finals, they will be one of our top 6 double-ups and we can only have 1 more, probably Hawthorn as it is a better drawing game. It is possible we can have no more top 6 double-ups but I doubt if that will happen.

As adelaide finished top 6 does that mean we unfairly cop 2 top 6 tier teams, 2 middle and 1 bottom or do we get Adelaide, 3 mid tier 7-12's and 1 13-18?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we get Geelong at Kardinia as well, wouldn't mind a sneaky weekend get away. Never been there

Hope we get a home game Round 1 - Collingwood would be nice. Hawks Anzac night. At least 2 Friday night games. Less Sunday games. Play North Melbourne at home. Belt some teams away. But really, just want a fair draw for all involved.

One thing that would be nice is more than one game at the G. We haven't had more than one there for years.
Agreeing to play Melbourne in the NT doesn't help. We were lucky to get Carlton there this year. Collingwood, Richmond and at a stretch Hawthorn (unlikely given their 28k ES crowd against us this year) are our only hope for more than one game at the G.

I'm pretty sure I heard there's something in place where the PAFC/AFC alternate year to year in getting the Collingwood Adelaide Oval game. If that's true then we'll get them once this year, probably at Etihad lol. Fist away game I'd like in Melbourne at the G or the GCS away because I've made a tradition of going to the first away game in recent years.

A couple of MCG games would be nice. Am going to travel over to Melbourne for our MCG game so a choice of game would be nice.

When is the fixture due out? End of October usually isn't it? Hanging for it as I can plan my 5 away trips from Perth once it comes out.

A couple of MCG games would be nice. Am going to travel over to Melbourne for our MCG game so a choice of game would be nice.

When is the fixture due out? End of October usually isn't it? Hanging for it as I can plan my 5 away trips from Perth once it comes out.

I'd love to get Richmond and Collingwood at the G but I doubt we'll get both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back