Opinion 2016 Best 22 - Best Twenty Two for Twenty Sixteen with our new Two + Two + Four

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a similar player to Mitch Banner, maybe he could play a similar role to what Banner played for us in 2011? Being a natural ball magnet like Banner was can be very valuable in the forward line where it's harder to get the ball than anywhere else. He's shown good goal sense when he's been in the side too.

I'd be surprised if he played Round 1 in 2016 but I'd be even more surprised if he didn't get games at all in 2016.

I love this line up, but how people are putting Dixon at CHF instead of FF is beyond me ....
It's not foosball, we don't tie them to metal rods extending across the ground and swivel them when the ball comes close. The players' locations are all over the place by the time the umpire raises the ball in the air for the first bounce.
tornado-elite-foosball-table-valley-dynamo.jpg

It's not foosball, we don't tie them to metal rods extending across the ground and swivel them when the ball comes close. The players' locations are all over the place by the time the umpire raises the ball in the air for the first bounce.
tornado-elite-foosball-table-valley-dynamo.jpg

Obviously. But since we are putting a team together on paper in the traditional sense, it does matter. Otherwise we may as well just list 22 names.

... But since we are putting a team together on paper in the traditional sense, it does matter .....
It really, really doesn't matter. It's odd (but not unusual) to see a series of posts that imply we will be dysfunctional because the players' names are listed in certain positions.

Buddah Hocking made Hoon play a little bit forward for the Maggies 2 years ago before his ACL injury, He was like a fish out of water.

Being on the wing or half back with yards of space to make a great pass up/across the ground is what his role should be.

Buddah Hocking made Hoon play a little bit forward for the Maggies 2 years ago before his ACL injury, He was like a fish out of water.

Being on the wing or half back with yards of space to make a great pass up/across the ground is what his role should be.

If Hoon is persisted with on a wing or half back he'll be delisted at the end of the year. He needs to find more strings to his bow.

If Hoon is persisted with on a wing or half back he'll be delisted at the end of the year. He needs to find more strings to his bow.

It will be interesting going down to Alberton this year to see where Chad Cornes plays Hoon and how he performs.

After careful consideration of what both Hart and Hinkley have had to say about Toumpas, I'm going to put him into the side. Kern said the exact same thing about Polec in 2014 and he played R1. I think Melbourne really is just a s**t football environment:

B:
Jonas - Carlile - Hombsch

HB: Pittard - Trengove - Broadbent

C: Toumpas - Ebert - Polec

HF: Gray - Westhoff - Hartlett

FF: Neade - Dixon - Wingard

FOL:
Lobbe - Wines - Boak

I/C:
Krakouer - Impey - Schulz - White

EMG: Gray - Ah Chee - Butcher

That's a team ready to **** some s**t up. I think we'll play two talls for more mobility because that's our A game, but if teams want to flood back as they did last year, we'll take off Neade, put on Schulz and have them think about what they are going to do about a third tall with Dixon pushing back closer to goal.

Jeet Ken Do - it's a very exciting time.

After careful consideration of what both Hart and Hinkley have had to say about Toumpas, I'm going to put him into the side. Kern said the exact same thing about Polec in 2014 and he played R1. I think Melbourne really is just a s**t football environment:
This wasn't even a question.

We don't bring players in and not play them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B:

FOL:
Lobbe - Wines - Boak

I/C:

That's a team ready to **** some s**t up. I think we'll play two talls for more mobility because that's our A game, but if teams want to flood back as they did last year, we'll take off Neade, put on Schulz and have them think about what they are going to do about a third tall with Dixon pushing back closer to goal.

Not far off BUT Ah Chee is a must...top 22 player...do not care who he replaces but guess Krak

This wasn't even a question.

That's assuming that he trained as well as he did though. He would have got games, but it might have been on the bench at best. Do you think if we had brought in Menzel with his training efforts he would have got a game in R1? I doubt it very much. You had to wait until it was assured that he bought into the club ethos.

That's assuming that he trained as well as he did though. He would have got games, but it might have been on the bench at best. Do you think if we had brought in Menzel with his training efforts he would have got a game in R1? I doubt it very much. You had to wait until it was assured that he bought into the club ethos.
Did we go for Toumpas over Menzel because of character?

Did we go for Toumpas over Menzel because of character?

That wasn't my point. My point was that you can't assume a player is going to buy into the team first ethos and high intensity training based purely on trading him in. You can hope, and assure them that they have a place in the side if they put the effort in, but until you see it with your eyes as Hart and Hinkley have done, how can you possibly be sure? Professional sporting clubs don't play players simply because they trade them in - that gives the impression that their place is assured based on mere words rather than actions.

What was never in doubt was Toumpas having a place in the side in R1 IF he put the work in. He did.

The most exciting part about that comment is actually Polec and R1 being used in the same sentence. :thumbsu:

I'd argue he is our most important person in our centre line. He just seems to bring a different dimension that no one else brings. RGray is the only other player who I feel sits in that category.

B:

FOL:
Lobbe - Wines - Boak

I/C:

I like this team a lot. However, I think Toumpas should be rotating of the interchange and that Ah Chee is a must in the 22 as that extra big-bodied midfielder to help out wines. No point having all these runners without the coalface suppliers.

I watched a PAFC vs Freo game at Subi during our dark days. Port was s**t but the Hoon remained calm and seemed to find a player to pass to, no matter the pressure and despite no one offering a lead or creating space. Not a bad effort for a 18/ 19yo to be the rose amongst thorns.

I like this team a lot. However, I think Toumpas should be rotating of the interchange and that Ah Chee is a must in the 22 as that extra big-bodied midfielder to help out wines. No point having all these runners without the coalface suppliers.

with limited bench rotations our strength will be rotating wines/ Ahchee, rgray/ wingard.....etc etc through the middle and forward.

B:

FOL:
Lobbe - Wines - Boak

I/C:

Agree mate...

I thought JT was a steal at the time...now I think it is grand larceny...

I was more enthralled we got him for him for what we did more than Dixon....

Dixon was important but in time I think JT will prove the value of our trades last year....

Go jimmy

On a side note...

Jakey neade ....will be a beast this season...i can feel it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back