Preview 2016 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big year for Colin Garland next year
WC proved that you don't need a bunch of tall defenders
He isn't particularly strong overhead although not bad , his kicking is ok but not great , not overly fast and not overly strong
Could be replaced by someone more versatile in the next year or two

Is this R1? Okay:

B: Jetta Dunn Garland
HB: Salem McDonald Lumumba
C: Watts Jones Brayshaw
HF: Petracca Dawes Kent
F: Garlett Hogan VDB
R: Gawn Viney Vince
Int: Tyson ANB Harmes Pedersen

This was my effort from August. Still pretty happy with it tbh. I would imagine that Melksham comes in for ANB though.

He isn't particularly strong overhead although not bad , his kicking is ok but not great , not overly fast and not overly strong

Basically his best attributes are his reading of the flight of the ball in the air and the ability to affect a spoil. He's never been much of a one to mop up off half back, but that's not really his role I guess.

I think it would take someone pretty good to dislodge him; 150+ game defenders are hard to come by.
I just guessed at the 150 mark; he's actually only played 135. I guess the point still stands...

They don't think they have anything to prove, and no one cares about Collingwood retirees?

Fair enough - but I know Watts did extra contested ball and tackling drills this season.

Just signed for three years so you'd think he's safe. Do we have any other third talls anyway?

Basically his best attributes are his reading of the flight of the ball in the air and the ability to affect a spoil. He's never been much of a one to mop up off half back, but that's not really his role I guess.

I think it would take someone pretty good to dislodge him; 150+ game defenders are hard to come by.
I just guessed at the 150 mark; he's actually only played 135. I guess the point still stands...
Just signed a 3 year deal and is clear best 22. Would think he will get to 200.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we get Farren Ray and play him on a wing, will help develop the likes of CP, AB and ANB along as he doesnt keep them out of team
we must progress this year

I reckon we get Farren Ray and play him on a wing, will help develop the likes of CP, AB and ANB along as he doesnt keep them out of team
we must progress this year

Wrong account mate?

Sorry to intrude but will darcy parish make your best 22 straight up

Quick answer: no, probably not.

But I'd say he'll probably play some NAB Challenge games, and if he shows enough there, he very well may be. His obvious draw back is his size, but in an outside role, not sure how much that matters.

At this stage my Round 1 2016 v GWS:

FB: Jetta TMac Garland
HB: Bugg Dunn Salem
C: Vince Tyson vandenBerg
HF: Brayshaw Dawes Watts
FF: Garlett Hogan Petracca
R: Gawn N. Jones Viney

INT: Frost, Melksham, Kent, Grimes

At this stage my Round 1 2016 v GWS:

FB: Jetta TMac Garland
HB: Bugg Dunn Salem
C: Vince Tyson vandenBerg
HF: Brayshaw Dawes Watts
FF: Garlett Hogan Petracca
R: Gawn N. Jones Viney

INT: Frost, Melksham, Kent, Grimes
Looks about right but I'd have Harmes and Pedersen ahead of Dawes and Grimes.

B: Jetta, Dunn, Garland
HB: Salem, McDonald, Melksham
C: Vince, Viney, Brayshaw
HF: Kent, Dawes, Watts
FF: Garlett, Hogan, Kennedy
Foll: Gawn, Jones, Tyson
Inter: Harmes, vandenBerg, Frost, Petracca
Emerg: Bugg, ANB, Newton, Pedersen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back