Preview 2016 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really think Kennedy and Bugg will be in our best 22?

Honestly I can see Bugg down back but not sure if Kennedy will be a certain starter ahead of Kent and Garlett up forward as a small type

Honestly I can see Bugg down back but not sure if Kennedy will be a certain starter ahead of Kent and Garlett up forward as a small type
I expect he'll start in the 22 on the bench for round 1 like Michie did in 2014 and Newton did in 2015, and be given a chance to show what he's got.

Kennedy provides run and good disposal can definitely see him slotting in on the bench round 1

Bugg will come straight in as a replacement for Howe

Round 1 side:

FB:
Garland Dunn Jetta
HB: Salem T McDonald Bugg
C: Melksham Tyson Vince
HF: Watts Hogan Petracca
FF: Garlett Frost Kent
R: Gawn N Jones Viney

I/C: Pedersen Brayshaw Vandenberg Kennedy
Emg: Harmes Newton ANB

Depth: Trengove* Stretch JKH Michie Grimes Spencer

Developing: Pick 3 Pick 7 Pick 46 Pick 50 O McDonald King White

Please never play again: Dawes Lumumba Terlich M Jones

*ideally best 22 if fit

I expect it'll be Harmes, Vandenberg, and Kennedy fighting it out for those last two spots on the bench. Tbh Harmes will probably play ahead of Kennedy, his round 22 performance was just too good. Will depend also on how Kent comes back. I can't see Petracca not playing round 1 now. Training load aside he looks to be in ridiculously good shape and he'll be raring to go.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Watts was left out of the side for round 1. I've got him in the 18 for now but based off the last few rounds I actually reckon Harmes and maybe even Newton and ANB are far better options up forward.

Round 1 side:

FB:
Garland Dunn Jetta

*ideally best 22 if fit

I expect it'll be Harmes, Vandenberg, and Kennedy fighting it out for those last two spots on the bench. Tbh Harmes will probably play ahead of Kennedy, his round 22 performance was just too good. Will depend also on how Kent comes back. I can't see Petracca not playing round 1 now. Training load aside he looks to be in ridiculously good shape and he'll be raring to go.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Watts was left out of the side for round 1. I've got him in the 18 for now but based off the last few rounds I actually reckon Harmes and maybe even Newton and ANB are far better options up forward.

Spot on

How I think it would line up;

FB:
Garland Dunn Jetta
HB: Melksham T McDonald Lumumba
C: Salem Vince Tyson
HF: Watts Dawes vandenBerg
FF: Garlett Hogan Kent

I/C: Brayshaw, Bugg, Kennedy, Petracca
Emg: Grimes, ANB, Stretch

How I want it to line up;

FB: Garland Dunn Jetta
HB: Salem T McDonald Melksham
C: Tyson Vince Trengove
FF: Garlett Pedersen Kent

I/C: Frost, Brayshaw, vandenBerg, Bugg
Emg: Grimes, Kennedy, ANB

Basically a team with Lumumba and Dawes nowhere near it. It is actually a lot harder trying to fit everyone in now. It is good to see.

Yes tragically I do expect Dawes and Lumumba to find their way into the side I posted above.
If Goodwin is taking control we might not see Dawes line up round 1 :rainbow:

Unfortunately Dawes and Lumumba are on massive $$$ so playing them is the only option the club has

Lose/Lose situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like when you go to a nice restaurant and can't finish your meal. It costs the same whether you eat it or not.
Not only that, but you don't feel sick if you don't consume the rest of the meal.

Dawes and Lumumba are the epitome of sunk cost.

I used to think he was a very good player ( lumumba ) especially during the premiership years
He gave the pies alot of run and carry and drive and was very good for breaking zones because he had aggresive intent and was hard to tackle

He just doesnt get the ball enough for us and is bloody useless at everything else apart from straight line running, if they are gonna continue to play him then I hope they atleast move him up to the wing

I used to think he was a very good player ( lumumba ) especially during the premiership years
He gave the pies alot of run and carry and drive and was very good for breaking zones because he had aggresive intent and was hard to tackle

He just doesnt get the ball enough for us and is bloody useless at everything else apart from straight line running, if they are gonna continue to play him then I hope they atleast move him up to the wing

I actually think the opposite. I hope he is kept in defence and well away from the midfield. He's slowed down a fraction and can't shrug tackles like he use to, which results in him getting caught and often handballing to someone under pressure. His ball use isn't that great either.

I still think he has been alright as a pure defender. I remember afl.com did an article earlier in the season which stated who your club's best lockdown defender based on least goals conceded was or something and for us it turned out to be Lumumba which shocked a few people given we thought it would have been Jetta.

Keep him away from the ball since his ball use isn't that great, but play him man on man where he still has strength and keep up with some smaller forwards for pace.

Keeping him in defence and not in the midfield means he won't be able to bomb for goal from 50 and kick a behind while ignoring 3 leads from Hogan, and instead enable someone like Salem and (shudder) Melksham to spend more time in the midfield and use their foot skills to give our forwards much better delivery. I don't think anyone would argue that Salem is a better kick.

Of course we could also just take the simpler route and drop him to Casey, but I'm willing to give him a second chance.

Round 1 side:

FB:
Garland Dunn Jetta

*ideally best 22 if fit

Nice Team - except I wouldn't expect Frost to lineup at FF. He would have to force his way into the side.

I actually think the opposite. I hope he is kept in defence and well away from the midfield. He's slowed down a fraction and can't shrug tackles like he use to, which results in him getting caught and often handballing to someone under pressure. His ball use isn't that great either.

I still think he has been alright as a pure defender. I remember afl.com did an article earlier in the season which stated who your club's best lockdown defender based on least goals conceded was or something and for us it turned out to be Lumumba which shocked a few people given we thought it would have been Jetta.

Keep him away from the ball since his ball use isn't that great, but play him man on man where he still has strength and keep up with some smaller forwards for pace.

Keeping him in defence and not in the midfield means he won't be able to bomb for goal from 50 and kick a behind while ignoring 3 leads from Hogan, and instead enable someone like Salem and (shudder) Melksham to spend more time in the midfield and use their foot skills to give our forwards much better delivery. I don't think anyone would argue that Salem is a better kick.

Of course we could also just take the simpler route and drop him to Casey, but I'm willing to give him a second chance.
The Prince is terrible. I hope he never plays another senior game for the club! He doesnt defend well and his kicking is atrocious.

For just a bit of fun I thought I would play around with an under 24 team. I tried to do a 23 but was stretching the back line to that it was almost unrealistic. For what its worth the 24 yr old players are Melksham, Watts and Trengove. A lot of talent working through. Managed to come up with this;

Back: Frost, OMcDonald, Bugg
HB: Salem, TMcDonald, Melksham
Mid: Trengove, Harmes, Tyson
HF: Petracca, Watts, vandenBerg
Fwd: Kent, Hogan, JKH
Ruck: Gawn, Viney, Brayshaw
Bench: Kennedy, Newton, Stretch, ANB

For just a bit of fun I thought I would play around with an under 24 team. I tried to do a 23 but was stretching the back line to that it was almost unrealistic. For what its worth the 24 yr old players are Melksham, Watts and Trengove. A lot of talent working through. Managed to come up with this;

Back: Frost, OMcDonald, Bugg
HB: Salem, TMcDonald, Melksham
Mid: Trengove, Harmes, Tyson
HF: Petracca, Watts, vandenBerg
Fwd: Kent, Hogan, JKH
Ruck: Gawn, Viney, Brayshaw
Bench: Kennedy, Newton, Stretch, ANB
Don't mind that team at all. Has plenty of promise!!!

Wouldn't worry about that. Lumumba is only our best "lockdown defender" in that he plays further up field and is generally put on the least dangerous forward or gets a defensive forward to look after him. Its a rare day he'll play on a guy capable of kicking more than 30 goals a season.

Wouldn't worry about that. Lumumba is only our best "lockdown defender" in that he plays further up field and is generally put on the least dangerous forward or gets a defensive forward to look after him. Its a rare day he'll play on a guy capable of kicking more than 30 goals a season.

Eddie Betts would call him the prince and treat him like a princess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back