Preview 2016 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised to see Trengove before the middle of the year.

I'm really interested in seeing how a fit Kent goes this year. He and JKH AND Kennedy will be fighting for a couple of Spots. I'm thinking Kent and Kennedy will be in front at this stage. Kennedy I'm looking forward to as he was a constant sub at Collingwood so interesting to see how he goes once he gets a proper go.

I'm really interested in seeing how a fit Kent goes this year. He and JKH AND Kennedy will be fighting for a couple of Spots. I'm thinking Kent and Kennedy will be in front at this stage. Kennedy I'm looking forward to as he was a constant sub at Collingwood so interesting to see how he goes once he gets a proper go.
Kennedy should slot right in, he offers speed and disposal which our side needs and also can win a hard ball which appears to be the club mantra these days

Gee it's nice reading these and for the first time in years, it's not about who's in that shouldn't be, but who's out that we need to fit in. I'm nearlyy identical to AG11:

F Garlett Hogan Petracca
HF Watts Frost Kent
C Tyson Vince Brayshaw
HB Salem McDonald Melksham
B Jetta Dunn Garland
R Gawn N Jones Viney
IC (From): Vandenberg, Grimes, Kennedy, Lumumba, Dawes, Trengove, Newton

Next in line: Stretch, ANB, Bugg, Harmes, JKH, Pedersen, Michie

In Development: O McDonald, Weiderman, Hulett, King, King, Oliver, White, Wagner, Hunt

Oh God No: Spencer, M Jones, Terlich
Only 3 Oh God Nos is a real step up.

I must be the only one that thinks Billy Stretch is a certain starter for rd 1. Reckon he'll play most games next year
Didn't light the world on fire last season. It'll be exciting to see his improvement but when looking at my 22 it's more a case of who does he replace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with Stretchy for mine, is that he offers that mobility and a 'wilieness' (if that's a word) that is otherwise lacking in the middle part of the ground. We have all the beasts like Brayshaw, Vanders and Oliver now running through the midfield so we need a player that can be fleet of foot, can run all day, and link up play. I believe Billy is perfect for this role. His body doesn't really need to be all that mature to play wing but having said that, the latest photos of him training have him looking like the white Adonis Creed.

On top of everything else, not since Jordie McKenzie has there been a bigger coach's pet. I think he'll be hard to budge out of that 22 when he gets a few games together.

Jetta Dunn Garland
Melksham McDonald Salem
Vince Jones Brayshaw
Watts Frost Kent
Garlett Hogan Petracca
Gawn Tyson Viney
Lumumba AVB Kennedy Oliver

subs
Bugg Dawes Stretch

We will be playing finals before the year is out with a starting 22 like this and we will have strong chances for inclusion of one of three if not six mids beyond that in JKH, Michie, Harmes, Newton, Wagner and ANB when our new draftees and newer players tire. Pedersen to teach Dawes how to play CHF. Grimes for Jetta and Spencer for Gawn. 3 7 42 46 and two upgrades from the rookie list namingly Harmes. Matt Jones can play but needs to go to another level. Hunt and White could be anything aswell as Oscar Mac. Terlich...

7 list changes that lost to Adelaide

Could you see us picking a side and leaving Brayshaw in the VFL? I couldn't, so that makes him a lock in my view.

I also think the gap between Tyson's best and worst is wider because his disposal lets him down and he lacks pace. That's not to say he can't be a very good player at his best.

Brayshaws season was overrated, everyone can see the potential but he didn't really impact any games in the second half of the year

Tyson was an AA smokey in 2014 for a little of the year

I must be the only one that thinks Billy Stretch is a certain starter for rd 1. Reckon he'll play most games next year
Yeah I had him as 'unluckiest' in my side. The only reason I left him out was because we picked up Bugg and MelkSHAM. He'll still play plenty of games though I'd imagine. Was really good last year. That sealer against the Cats was COOL AS A CUCUMBER BOY FROM GLENELG GIVES IT SOME SHOE FROM THE PAINT FIRESTARTER!!!!!

The thing with Stretchy for mine, is that he offers that mobility and a 'wilieness' (if that's a word) that is otherwise lacking in the middle part of the ground. We have all the beasts like Brayshaw, Vanders and Oliver now running through the midfield so we need a player that can be fleet of foot, can run all day, and link up play. I believe Billy is perfect for this role. His body doesn't really need to be all that mature to play wing but having said that, the latest photos of him training have him looking like the white Adonis Creed.

On top of everything else, not since Jordie McKenzie has there been a bigger coach's pet. I think he'll be hard to budge out of that 22 when he gets a few games together.
I liked the look of him near the end of the year. Maybe not quite best 22 just yet but he moves well, takes the game on and tries to find good options further down the ground. That's a pretty good starting point and he's one of the players I'm most looking forward to watching next year.

Demonstration of the difference in our ages - I know who Apollo Creed is, but had to google Adonis Creed.

Brayshaws season was overrated, everyone can see the potential but he didn't really impact any games in the second half of the year

Tyson was an AA smokey in 2014 for a little of the year

This.

Brayshaw showed skill and class in several games but struggled to carry it into the second half of the season. He needed a spell but due to injures we had no one to really replace him so he continued to hold his spot in the team. I was personally very surprised he came top 5 in the Rising Star.

Tyson in 2014 was not only a clearance gun but also chipped in with quite a few goals for a mid.

This.

Brayshaw showed skill and class in several games but struggled to carry it into the second half of the season. He needed a spell but due to injures we had no one to really replace him so he continued to hold his spot in the team. I was personally very surprised he came top 5 in the Rising Star.

Tyson in 2014 was not only a clearance gun but also chipped in with quite a few goals for a mid.
The neck injury wrecked Brayshaw's season. Wasn't the same after.

I too am surprised Brayshaw finished top 5 in the RS. His genuine class is clearly evident and left a telling impression on the judges. One can see him captaining the club one day and receiving numerous AA honours.

And yes, he was never the same after getting concussed against West Coast in the early minutes of that match.

I too am surprised Brayshaw finished top 5 in the RS. His genuine class is clearly evident and left a telling impression on the judges. One can see him captaining the club one day and receiving numerous AA honours.

And yes, he was never the same after getting concussed against West Coast in the early minutes of that match.

Heeney finished 4th and missed 10 weeks, that's just the award. Particularly when you're getting down into the 2 and 1 votes, I reckon a lot of the judges just start throwing out votes for guys that've shown plenty of promise, regardless of how many games they showed it.

It was pretty clear from Round 1 that Brayshaw has got it in spades, but as has been said, the neck injury, and probably general first year fatigue started to get the better of him. A full preseason, and a full bill of health, the kid will be flying!

I think the word you are looking for is willingness.

willingness
noun
  1. the quality or state of being prepared to do something; readiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back