Preview 2016 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like Pedersen in there over Dawes but the match committee have a hardon for Dawes and are pretty harsh on Pedersen.

My take (What I'd like to see):
Jetta Dunn Garland
Lumumba McDonald Salem
Vince Tyson Brayshaw
Kent Hogan Watts
Petracca Pedersen Garlett
Gawn Jones Viney

AVB ANB Toumpas Frost

Think Howe will go as a FA and Cross will retire (For us to progress as a side I'd like him to move on, I love what he has done for us but need to look to the future in 2016).

Fortunately, Howe isn't a free agent, so if he wants to leave someone will need to trade with us - or he can go to the draft with a price on his head.

I just can't factor Petracca or Trengove into my first 22 yet, particularly the latter.

Frost is an interesting one. Even if he was fit right now, I probably wouldn't have him playing? Dunn, Garland and TMac are enough. Garland could definitely leave though.

I just can't factor Petracca or Trengove into my first 22 yet, particularly the latter.

Frost is an interesting one. Even if he was fit right now, I probably wouldn't have him playing? Dunn, Garland and TMac are enough. Garland could definitely leave though.

I reckon Frost showed enough in the first few games to be best 22 especially if Garlo leaves
Fortunately, Howe isn't a free agent, so if he wants to leave someone will need to trade with us - or he can go to the draft with a price on his head.

Yeah interesting that, he isnt worth it but we might be able to get a late first rounder for Howe which would be a good score
Although hes been playing reasonably well in defence the last couple weeks

Frost brings wheels to our side which we sorely lack in my opinion. theres maybe five guys in our side who are genuinely quick. I reckon we are one of the slowest sides going around.

I reckon Frost showed enough in the first few games to be best 22 especially if Garlo leaves

Yeah interesting that, he isnt worth it but we might be able to get a late first rounder for Howe which would be a good score
Although hes been playing reasonably well in defence the last couple weeks

I reckon he's definitely worth a late first rounder - maybe more to one of the expansion clubs.

Wasn't the rumour that GWS offered us pick 7 for him last year?

Frost brings wheels to our side which we sorely lack in my opinion. theres maybe five guys in our side who are genuinely quick. I reckon we are one of the slowest sides going around.

What do we get from a quick tall who can't use the ball particularly well or use it to break the lines?

He'll be a great defender but I'm not sure what his speed adds to our team.

What do we get from a quick tall who can't use the ball particularly well or use it to break the lines?

He'll be a great defender but I'm not sure what his speed adds to our team.

The same rebound as Tom Mac at the start of the year

I'm picking my best 22, Not roos

FB: Jetta, Dunn, Garland
HB: Cross, McDonald, Howe
C: Watts, Vince, Brayshaw
F: ANB, Pedersen, Kent
FF: Garlett, Hogan, Petracca
Ruck: Gawn, Viney, Tyson
Interchange: Grimes, Salem, vandenBerg, Lumumba

Cross i think will go around one more time. Salem in for cross if not
Grimes to go for Garland's spot if he leaves
and Frost for Howe if he goes too
Alternate interchange: vandenBerg, Dawes, Lumumba, Mitchie or Newton
I also think Jamar seems likely to go one more year, he would be in if Gawn can't ruck

I'm picking my best 22, Not roos

FB: Jetta, Dunn, Garland
HB: Cross, McDonald, Howe
C: Watts, Vince, Brayshaw
F: ANB, Pedersen, Kent
FF: Garlett, Hogan, Petracca
Ruck: Gawn, Viney, Tyson
Interchange: Grimes, Salem, vandenBerg, Lumumba

Cross i think will go around one more time. Salem in for cross if not
Grimes to go for Garland's spot if he leaves
and Frost for Howe if he goes too
Alternate interchange: vandenBerg, Dawes, Lumumba, Mitchie or Newton
I also think Jamar seems likely to go one more year, he would be in if Gawn can't ruck

Best 22 with Howe ahead of Salem in the back line? You can't play against Carlton every week.

Best 22 with Howe ahead of Salem in the back line? You can't play against Carlton every week.
Probably should have Salem in and Howe on the bench and maybe Howe ahead of Frost. I value Howe's intercept marking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably should have Salem in and Howe on the bench and maybe Howe ahead of Frost. I value Howe's intercept marking

Probably irrelevant in three months time. I don't think Howe is going to stay.

When's the last time you guys made the finals..................

I'm going to assume this isn't a troll and treat it as an honest enquiry: 2006 - we finished 7th then beat St Kilda in our elimination final before losing to Freo at Subi in the semi.

I really like Frost as a second ruckman. Hitout numbers not huge from the games he played, but I reckon he always stood his ground pretty well. Better than Dawes/Pedo, for sure.

Could be a stef martin type as well in that he lays tackles and gets involved in the middle

What's the story with Frost this year? Been injured? Was kinda curious about getting him last year given the connection with his brother. Seems like most of you think he'll be best 22 going forward so that's good.

What's the story with Frost this year? Been injured? Was kinda curious about getting him last year given the connection with his brother. Seems like most of you think he'll be best 22 going forward so that's good.

He copped a 3-4 week injury in Round 3. Estimated return date is Round 19, 2026.

Discounting changes to the list and injuries:

B: Jetta, N*^ | McDonald, T*^ | Garland, C*
HB: Salem, C* | Dunn, L*^ | Trengove, J
C: Tyson, D* | Vince, B* | Cross, D*
HF: Watts, J* | Pedersen, C* | vandenBerg, A*
F: Garlett, J* | Hogan, J* | Kent, D*
R: Gawn, M* | Viney, J*^ | Jones, N*^ (c)
I/C: Brayshaw, A* | Petracca, C | Frost, S | Grimes, J

Others: Fitzpatrick, J | Howe, J | Dawes, C^ | Lumumba, H | Jamar, M^ | Newton, B | Toumpas, J | Michie, V | Kennedy-Harris, J | Harmes, J | Bail, R | Jones, M | Neal-Bullen, A | Stretch, B | Spencer, J | Riley, A | White, M | King, M | McDonald, O | Hunt, J | McKenzie, J | Terlich, D.

* = clearly best 22
^ = leadership group
(c) = captain

Discounting changes to the list and injuries:

B: Jetta, N*^ | McDonald, T*^ | Garland, C*
HB: Salem, C* | Dunn, L*^ | Trengove, J
C: Tyson, D* | Vince, B* | Cross, D*
HF: Watts, J* | Pedersen, C* | vandenBerg, A*
F: Garlett, J* | Hogan, J* | Kent, D*
R: Gawn, M* | Viney, J*^ | Jones, N*^ (c)
I/C: Brayshaw, A* | Petracca, C | Frost, S | Grimes, J

Others: Fitzpatrick, J | Howe, J | Dawes, C^ | Lumumba, H | Jamar, M^ | Newton, B | Toumpas, J | Michie, V | Kennedy-Harris, J | Harmes, J | Bail, R | Jones, M | Neal-Bullen, A | Stretch, B | Spencer, J | Riley, A | White, M | King, M | McDonald, O | Hunt, J | McKenzie, J | Terlich, D.

* = clearly best 22
^ = leadership group
(c) = captain
It's a very long way back for Trengove to make best 22. But I'd love to see it happen.

It's a very long way back for Trengove to make best 22. But I'd love to see it happen.
Just needs to play as well as his second last game for us - R1 v St Kilda, 2014. His preseason form was pretty hot that year too. I'm quietly confident that he'll be a solid forward flanker or reliable kick out of defence at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back