Meet Up 2016 Board meet up?

What game would you like to meet prior to?

• R1 vs GWS

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • R2 vs Essendon

• R4 vs Collingwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R5 ANZAC day eve vs Richmond

• R6 or R17 vs Saints (Etihad)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • R8 vs Footscray

• R9 vs Brisbane

• R11 or R20 vs Hawthorn

• R12 Queens birthday

• R15 vs Adelaide

• R19 vs Gold Coast

• R22 vs Carlton

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You should consider a meet-up at the MFC offices - club is always looking for volunteers to do a phone around to encourage ex-members to sign up.

You could have a meetup ( easy venue to get to ) and assist the club greatly all in one night. Just a thought.

If you would like to help the MFC plse contact - Geoff a MFC Membership Volunteer Organiser

Geoff 0432900907 wadeallen1@bigpond.com - Venue MFC admin offices at the MCG

You are sure to have some fun and get to see the inside of the MFC.

You should all come to Perth and attend a Melbourne game at Subi. You need to experience it at least once before we truly become good again. It's not your stock-standard Dees misery. It's a special sort of misery :drunk:

Failing that, I'll start a crowdfunding venture to fund my airfares to go east.

You should all come have a meet-up outside the lifts at my work. They have put a couch in there now and a nice picture of fairy wrens.
A couch AND a picture of fairy wrens?!

It's tempting, however I think the excitement would be too much for my health

It should be the game against the bombers, we may have a chance of winning.

Spewing it's an away game.
Its a replacement game for members

Also I'll probably be a massive tosser as the Cult of Hird has fallen

Its a replacement game for members

Also I'll probably be a massive tosser as the Cult of Hird has fallen

At some Essendon game this season, I'd love to see one bloke go to the most empty part of the stadium (shouldn't be too hard to find) and hold up a #StandbyHird poster ...

At some Essendon game this season, I'd love to see one bloke go to the most empty part of the stadium (shouldn't be too hard to find) and hold up a #StandbyHird poster ...
I agree but I doubt it'll be round 2. It's their first game in Melbourne for the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it can tie in with when the Blackhawks are in town, you've got a deal.

Not sure when Chicago is in Calgary next but my boss used to play in the NHL and gets tickets all the time

Edit- They play in calgary on March 26th, should be a cracker

You should all come have a meet-up outside the lifts at my work. They have put a couch in there now and a nice picture of fairy wrens.

In the event that we don't meet outside the lifts at your work... can you at least bring the fairy wren picture along?

In the event that we don't meet outside the lifts at your work... can you at least bring the fairy wren picture along?
With Stand By Hird stencilled along the top above the eucalyptus branch. Perfect.

So Rd2 vs the Drug Cheats? What does the collective think?

Best options:
Rd2 v Essendon (2:10pm Sat)
Rd6 v St Kilda (1.45pm Sat, Darklands)
Rd8 v WBD (3.20pm Sunday, probably with a women's game)

Dons game IMO

Not sure how many people are aware but once a year the club has a game that they dedicate to interstate supporters and several, myself included, make the journey over from Perth/Adelaide/Hobart etc. I don't think they've announced what round that is yet, but usually it's like mid-late season.

In the past it's been
2013: v Sydney
2014: v Geelong
2015: v Brisbane

Of course I have no idea if I can do it yet around work as they haven't announced which game it is. I have no idea how many posters on here would actually go or go to it, or how many are even interstate, but if there are several it could tie in well.

If not keen on it, I reckon Dons in round 2 would be the best one

Not sure how many people are aware but once a year the club has a game that they dedicate to interstate supporters and several, myself included, make the journey over from Perth/Adelaide/Hobart etc. I don't think they've announced what round that is yet, but usually it's like mid-late season.

In the past it's been
2013: v Sydney
2014: v Geelong
2015: v Brisbane

Of course I have no idea if I can do it yet around work as they haven't announced which game it is. I have no idea how many posters on here would actually go or go to it, or how many are even interstate, but if there are several it could tie in well.

If not keen on it, I reckon Dons in round 2 would be the best one
Wait, there are people in the other states?

I tried. I keep asking for his address and phone number, but he keeps telling me it's inappropriate to as for these type of things over the Internet. Far out, I only asked for a photo of him once!
Even I've caught up with RandB for a beer. Adelaide Oval close to the best ground in the country. Get on it.

You should all come to Perth and attend a Melbourne game at Subi. You need to experience it at least once before we truly become good again. It's not your stock-standard Dees misery. It's a special sort of misery :drunk:

Failing that, I'll start a crowdfunding venture to fund my airfares to go east.
There are some things I'm happy not to experience; like the 4.5 hour flight back after watching a demolition.

Having said that, plenty of drinking time. Hmmmmmmmm

The only thing that would get me to go to Melbourne is if we are in the grand final. Sorry guys can't stand the cold grey place.

Philistine!

Early season would be preferable here, chaps. Polo season finishes in April and then there's a couple of months before Falls Creek gets a decent dusting, what? I'll just have a couple of Range Rover Club events to work around, but I imagine we're all in the same boat there. I assume it'll be a cigars and sherry at the Melbourne Club type of affair?

Back