Andrews - Merrett - Gardiner
Harwood - Clarke - Paparone
Hanley - DBeams - Rich
Martin - Rockcliff - Christensen
McStay - Close - Mayes
Green - Dixon - Zorko

Bench: Robertson, Taylor, Keayes
Sub: Robinson.

- Zorko isn't a midfielder on current form. Play him in his original roll as small forward.
- Redden on current form doesn't make the list. (Thinking he isn't offering much for a while now)
- Keayes comes in straightaway and makes an impact.
- hoping Mayes recaptures his form across the half forward line with players like Close, McStay, Dixon firing around him.
- tall backline... But would change sending on opposition. Love the ariel dominance with Andrews and Paparone roaming about. Love the Strength and mongrel Merrett and Gardiner bring. Players like McGrath etc could come in to help slow down smaller forwards with Harwood.

Last edited:
Presumed delisted/traded/retired:

McGuane
Aish
Staker
Maguire
McGrath
West
Beasley
Evans

FB: Andrews Merrett Clarke
HB: Paparone Adcock Rich
C: P. Hanley Rockliff D. Beams
HF: Bewick Close Green
FF: Zorko McStay Christensen
Bench: Robinson Leuenberger Taylor
Sub: Mayes

Fringe players: C. Beams Redden Freeman Smith Cutler Robertson O'Brien Dawson Gardiner C. Hanley Hammelmann

Reserves most weeks: Clayton Watts McGuinness Harwood Lester Bourke Paine

Note: I haven't accomodated for players who may join next year, such as Keays etc.

Presumed delisted/traded/retired:

McGuane
Aish
Staker
Maguire
McGrath
West
Beasley
Evans

FB: Andrews Merrett Clarke
HB: Paparone Adcock Rich
C: P. Hanley Rockliff D. Beams
HF: Bewick Close Green
FF: Zorko McStay Christensen
Bench: Robinson Leuenberger Taylor
Sub: Mayes

Fringe players: C. Beams Redden Freeman Smith Cutler Robertson O'Brien Dawson Gardiner C. Hanley Hammelmann

Reserves most weeks: Clayton Watts McGuinness Harwood Lester Bourke Paine

Note: I haven't accomodated for players who may join next year, such as Keays etc.
West, McGrath and Beasely are going nowhere and Evans would probably be given a second year.

West, McGrath and Beasely are going nowhere and Evans would probably be given a second year.

West, Beasley and Evans I wouldn't mind another year, but I was really unimpressed with Jaden's skills He had about one impressive moment n his three games and seemed lost. Don't know if I missed something, because everyone seems to be going crazy over him.

West, Beasley and Evans I wouldn't mind another year, but I was really unimpressed with Jaden's skills He had about one impressive moment n his three games and seemed lost. Don't know if I missed something, because everyone seems to be going crazy over him.

He's 18. Barely played in the last couple of years and clearly impressed the coaches enough to break into the round 1 team. Even forgetting the face that he's contracted for next year he won't be delisted.

He's 18. Barely played in the last couple of years and clearly impressed the coaches enough to break into the round 1 team. Even forgetting the face that he's contracted for next year he won't be delisted.
Fair enough. Obviously Leppard and co. think he's got something to offer and some improvement coming. Harris Andrews looked miles better in his games, though.

Fair enough. Obviously Leppard and co. think he's got something to offer and some improvement coming. Harris Andrews looked miles better in his games, though.
Dude Jadens efforts for a kid was first class with a very fast and physical game style.
You can improve ball use.... But he has a killer instinct that's hard to teach and I love it.
Only early days of course.

Last edited:
Top 22
Gardiner - Merrett - Andrews
Zorko - Clarke - Paparone
Hanley - DBeams - Rich
Martin - Rockcliff - Redden
McStay - Dixon - Mayes
Green - Freeman - Christensen

Interchange:
Robertson - Taylor - Robinson - Keays

Getting plenty of games when injury occurs:
CBeams, McGrath, Close, Adcock,

Fb: clarke merritt Adcock
Hb: paparone andrews harwood
C: hanley rocky taylor
Hf: Mayes martin Zorko
Ff: green mcstay (a tall)
Fol: leuenberger beams redden
Int: rich Christensen Lester Robertson

Depth: gardiner, Robinson, c beams, bewick, close, freeman, cutler, McGrath, west

Assumed gone: aish, staker, Paine, mcguane, golby,

'A tall' could be dixon, schache, freeman or anyone... Can't oick anyone on exposed form or knowledge of whose coming at this stage.

Have deliberately loaded defence with more experience Merritt still needed to wrestle the gorillas for another year so he gets the nod ahead of gardiner (until his body breaks down). Adcock and harwood are defensively minded and prefer that to attacking players - the run will come from midfielders pushing into the backline and slingshotting it out.

Wishful thinking but assumed leueie will stay as a ruck and martin to play as a roaming chf who would cause all sorts of match up problems with his run and size. Don't expectbim to play inside 50, literally given a free reign to run like a midfielder

Mcstay only in the team as he is the only tall forward whose played much this year

Robinson out of the team as much as i love his effort we actually have to hope that the likes of Mayes, Robertson, taylor can keep him out of the team on merit if we are to move up the ladder.

Redden important for his hardness and tackling in the contest. Lester as a big bodied kid and handy insurance as a pinch hitting tall in case of injury.

More realistic

B: Gardiner Clarke Harwood
HB: Rich Andrews Paparone
C: Taylor Rockliff Zorko
HF: Christensen McStay Mayes
FF: Green Close Freeman
Ruck: Martin Hanley D Beams
Bench: Redden, C Beams, Robertson, Lester
Emg: West, McGrath, Cutler

Starting to think of this again. Would make a few changes.

B: Gardiner Merrett Harwood
HB: Rich Clarke Paparone
C: Taylor Rockliff Zorko
HF: Christensen McStay Mayes
FF: Green Close Martin
Ruck: Leuenberger Hanley D Beams
Bench: Redden, C Beams, Robertson, Robinson
Emg: Andrews, Lester, Cutler

Merrett has clearly got another year left so comes in for Andrews. Leppa likes a tall backline and would probably keep him in but I'm going for team balance.

Robinson comes in. I've been harsh on him hoping our youngsters would force him out of the team but he plays a role for us while we're a struggling team. Lester drops out. Played 1 really good game this year but has dropped right back.

Leuenberger comes in for Freeman. Leuey has become a very important signing for us in the past month. He and Stef will be the best ruck combination next year. Freeman clearly isn't ready.

Obviously if we get Dixon he comes in and Close, McStay and Freeman all battle for the other key forward spot.

Bit harsh on Jed as well but if he's not playing down back there isn't a spot for him.

FB: Gardiner - Clarke - Paparone
HB: C. Beams - Andrews - Rich
C: Mayes - Rockliff - Hanley
HF: Zorko - Close - Taylor
FF: Leuenberger - McStay - Green
R: Martin - D. Beams - Redden

Int: Robinson - Christensen - Keays - Freeman

Other stuff we can have: McGrath, Cutler, Robertson, Aish (lol)

Team is decent

Updated team with no changes to list:

FB: Gardiner. Merrett. Andrews.
HB: CBeams. Clarke. Mayes.

C : Rich. Hanley. Christensen.
Fol: Martin. DBeams. Rockcliff.

HF: McStay. Close. Adcock.
FF: Green. Mcguane. Taylor.

Interchange: Robinson, Paparone, Zorko
Sub: McGrath.

Last edited:
Updated team with no changes to list:

HB: CBeams. Clarke. Mayes.

HF: McStay. Close. Adcock.
FF: Green. Mcguane. Taylor.

Sub: McGrath.
Your missing jack redden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DREAM 2016 LIST

HB: Francis. Clarke. Mayes.

HF: McStay. Dixon. Schache.
FF: Green. Close. Taylor.

Sub: McGrath

No I'm not. Worked hard on that list. I wouldn't replace anyone in that line up with Redden.

Who would you take out?
Your right, hasnt played too well recently but id put him ahead of mcgrath and adcock

Andrews Merrett Adcock
Beams Clarke Harwood

Hanley Beams Rich

Mayes McStay Robinson
Green Freeman McGuane

Foll: Martin, Rockliff, Zorko
INT: Redden, Taylor, Bundy, Paparone

That side should be good. But we all said the same thing for 2015 last year.

Backline: Couple of experienced players in Merrett and Adcock. Harwood returns as a shutdown/small defender providing some much needed agression. Claye Beams back with his nice kicking and take the game on mentality frees Rich up onto the wing.

Midfield: A midfield containing the likes of Rockliff, Beams, Hanley, Rich, Zorko and Martin with the likes of Redden, Robinson, Bundy and Taylor rotating through should comfortably be one of the better midfields in the competition. You've got Rockliff, Beams, Redden and Robinson as the guys who go in and get the hard ball and give it off the the runners in Hanley, Zorko and Taylor. If we don't have one of the better midfields next year, something is very very wrong.

Forward line: Our weakest list. Mayes on the HFF, capable overhead and can kick multiple goals. McStay as our most promising young forward needs a lot of work spent over his tank this coming pre season. Entering his 3rd season and second as a Forward. Robinson there for one main reason, apply pressure and bring aggression. Green, needs to be doing a lot of crumbing. Need a 40 goal year for him. Freeman should continue to show improvement, good overhead mark and has already shown a bit and senior level. McGuane looked good in his return, takes pressure off the younger guys.

I've been disappointed with our 2015 season. Injuries have not helped but we've looked awful for large parts of the year. In all honesty, I feel we should be borderline top 8 next year. Especially if we get someone like Dixon into the side. We've got the talent.

Is this the same McGuane we're delisting that kicked 3.3 on the weekend? Glad some of you aren't in charge of the footy department. If his body holds up there is no way we will delist him. McGrath is contracted and showed some very good signs.

Would love to see Close trialed down back next year.

Andrews, CBeams, McStay, Close, Adcock, Green, McGuane, Taylor, Robinson, Paparone or McGrath.

I take your point... But in the team I listed Redden couldn't play tall like Andrews, McStay, McGuane, or Paparone, Close.

Adcock is a better forward... (In my opinion)
Not as damaging up forward like Taylor.
Robinson maybe..... But Robinson offers more up forward.
McGrath is much faster, full of energy and can play back forward or middle.... Perfect sub.
The only one left is CBeams... But Redden is no Backman..... Then again he'll get injured soon... Rich would shift back and allow Redden to come back in.

Is this the same McGuane we're delisting that kicked 3.3 on the weekend? Glad some of you aren't in charge of the footy department. If his body holds up there is no way we will delist him. McGrath is contracted and showed some very good signs.

Yeah, I don't see why we would possibly delist McGuane if his body holds up. Looked good on the weekend and would add a lot to our forward line.

I take your point... But in the team I listed Redden couldn't play tall like Andrews, McStay, McGuane, or Paparone, Close.

Adcock is a better forward... (In my opinion)
Not as damaging up forward like Taylor.
Robinson maybe..... But Robinson offers more up forward.
McGrath is much faster, full of energy and can play back forward or middle.... Perfect sub.
The only one left is CBeams... But Redden is no Backman..... Then again he'll get injured soon... Rich would shift back and allow Redden to come back in.

You don't need all those talls
He doesn't play forward, he plays midfield and allows Bundy, Rocky, Hanley and DBeams to spend some time forward
Robinson offers bugger all forward and refer to above point
McGrath comes back through the twos and we'll see what happens
Switch Adcock down back where he belongs

its the same McGuane who has so far managed 4 senior games (and a handfull of reserves) in almost 2 full seasons.

I think most people had assumed retirement more so than delist on the available evidence re: his body holding up. I'd still back that as a more likely than less likely outcome at this point - we'll see if he lasts the rest of this season. he only played 12/13 games his last 2 years at Richmond as well from memory.

Why are people delisting McGrath? I cant wait for him to come back. I was very impressed with him until he was hit with an injury
Don't think anyone is delisting him. Just not selecting him for seniors. I personally find it hard fitting him into a best 22 side for next year assuming we have a mostly fully fit list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back