Universal Love 2016 Carlton Board Buddy Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We've not done this in a while, but given the number of new players around the club we're going to give the Buddy Draft another shot in 2016.

Each poster who participates will be given the opportunity to draft a Carlton listed player who they will adopt as their buddy for the 2016 season.

So what does that mean in practical terms?

You may have already noticed that each of our players has their own dedicated thread on the Player Watch board:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/blues-northern-blues-player-watch.157/

We try keep these threads as up to date as possible but we're keen to give you the opportunity to 'own' the thread relating to your buddy. Contribute to BF and the Carlton board by posting news, videos, stats, opinions etc. as you wish.

You've probably also noticed things can get fairly heated around here at times (yes, seriously), with no player off limits. As their buddy, take on the responsibility of defending the player when they are under-performing, or gloat and revel in their success when they are doing well.

For those of you who are fortunate enough to be able to get to training and/or VFL games...this is a great opportunity for you to keep the rest of the Carlton board in the loop when it comes to some of the lesser-known listed players.

Depending on interest we may also look to put the coaching staff into the draft pool. For the more tactically-minded posters out there, keeping a close eye on the coaches and dissecting their performances week-on-week may generate considerable interest on the Carlton board.

The buddy draft has been a huge success elsewhere and we're hoping it can be so here as well. Please flag your interest by replying in this thread - hopefully we can get enough interest to assign every player/coach to a different poster.

With the season fast approaching, the sooner we get the ball rolling, the better.

Draft Order:

1. ShanDog - Sam Docherty
2. Wickzki - Harry McKay
3. AceAndy - Jacob Weitering
4. bluedabadee - Dale Thomas
5. Funk - Patrick Cripps
6. GordonBlue - David Cuningham
7. Hussey14 - Sam Kerridge
8. MEB_ - Dylan Buckley
9. Blue and Silver - Kade Simpson
10. ferrisb - Matthew Kreuzer
11. Bluella - Ed Curnow
12. Blue__Balls - Marc Murphy
13. Soapy V - Nick Graham
14. Jabba73 - Levi Casboult
15. HARKER - Ciaran Byrne
16. Cringle - Blaine Boekhorst
17. Jeremias - Bryce Gibbs
18. Styxx - Andrejs Everitt
19. Bobcat_66 - Lachie Plowman
20. Jatz - Jed Lamb

21. Jatz - Andrew Walker
22. Bobcat - PASS
23. Styxx - Zach Tuohy
24. Jeremias - Michael Jamison
25. Cringle - Charlie Curnow
26. HARKER - Clem Smith
27. Jabba73 - Andrew Phillips
28. Soapy V - Mark Whiley
29. Blue__Balls - Dennis Armfield
30. Bluella - PASS
31. ferrisb - Jason Tutt
32. Blue and Silver - Andrew Gallucci
33. MEB_ - Jack Silvagni
34. Hussey14 - Matthew Wright
35. GordonBlue - Ciaran Sheehan
36. Funk - Kristian Jaksch
37. bluedabadee - Sam Rowe
38. AceAndy - Simon White
39. Wickzki - Liam Jones
40. ShanDog - PASS

41. ShanDog - Pass
42. Wickzki -
43. AceAndy -
44. bluedabadee -
45. Funk -
46. GordonBlue -
47. Hussey14 -
48. MEB_ -
49. Blue and Silver -
50. ferrisb - PASS
51. Bluella -
52. Blue__Balls -
53. Soapy V -
54. Jabba73 -
55. HARKER -
56. Cringle -
57. Jeremias -
58. Styxx -
59. Bobcat_66 -
60. Jatz -

AVAILABLE PLAYERS
16. Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
19. Liam Sumner
26. Jayden Foster
29. Billy Gowers
31. Matthew Dick
36. Cameron Wood
37. Daniel Gorringe
47. Jesse Glass-McCasker
48. Matthew Korcheck

Last edited:
Can it be any player Jeremias or only new ones?

If any, then SHOTGUN DYLBUCKS. If only new ones then...ehh..

Every player is available.

No shotgunning, unfortunately - once we've got enough interest we'll randomize a draft order and start picking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in.

Not trying to rig it, but I don't go to (m)any NB games. I don't want to let my player down if it's one of the younger guys...

Good point actually - if I get someone who plays in the twos, it'll be hard but I can probably lean on someone...

Yeah that's why I put in the OP I'd prefer to see the track-watchers take those who are more likely to spend the majority of the year at VFL level.

I would be happy to be included... Just about to sign up for the northern and now working week nights so should be able to hit up a few trainings and games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back